The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time Rider View Post
    The Pre Green Incentive program worked well in Texas and had great participation in 2012, its first year. I don't know why it wouldn't work in other regions of the country.
    The enrollment for the horses didn't even START until November 2012. 2013 show year is the first year it is being run, it launched 12/1/2012. There was one horse show in TX in December 2012 that ran the class. One. Christmas Horse Show in Waco, TX 12/5 - 12/9/2012. Horse show year runs 12/1 -11/30.

Quote Originally Posted by Seal Harbor View Post
    The enrollment for the horses didn't even START until November 2012. 2013 show year is the first year it is being run, it launched 12/1/2012. There was one horse show in TX in December 2012 that ran the class. One. Christmas Horse Show in Waco, TX 12/5 - 12/9/2012. Horse show year runs 12/1 -11/30.
    This is the first year for the USHJA pregreen incentive program which was modeled after the Texas Pregreen superstakes program. They were created by the same people (like Colleen Mcquay) and they used the Texas program as a guinea pig. It ran all of last year and was quite successful and they had a lot of support from show managers. I think it may take an additional year or so for the national program to really take off.

Quote Originally Posted by hntrjmprpro45 View Post
    This is the first year for the USHJA pregreen incentive program which was modeled after the Texas Pregreen superstakes program. They were created by the same people (like Colleen Mcquay) and they used the Texas program as a guinea pig. It ran all of last year and was quite successful and they had a lot of support from show managers. I think it may take an additional year or so for the national program to really take off.
    The Texas program is running again this year as a separate entity. With its own nominating fees. Besides providing a model for the USHJA program it is completely separate. The post I replied to was completely unclear that this was a separate program that had nothing to do with the USHJA and still doesn't.

Default update?

Does anyone know if the prize lists that show a pre-green classic actually means they are hosting the pre-green stakes class? The updated list on the USHJA site doesn't show Brownland, but I was told they are hosting it on week 2.

Aside from one show in NC, nothing closer than Atlanta. The east coast is pretty much not represented. Too bad.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Lauriep - Aiken has several shows already on the list. I was looking up Classic Company's spring shows because the deadline is tomorrow, but nothing for spring. Just the summer shows

I will say the list of shows holding the class has grown quite a bit in the past few weeks, so that's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Lauriep - Aiken has several shows already on the list. I was looking up Classic Company's spring shows because the deadline is tomorrow, but nothing for spring. Just the summer shows
    Thanks! I was just looking at the addendum. I just find it odd that with as many shows as we have out here that we aren't represented by more shows!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I, too, have a pre green horse in Virginia, which is supposedly horse country.

Useless program for me, and yet another reason I get annoyed everytime I have to pay membership fees to organizations that do nothing for me.

I saw where one of the spring Lexington VA shows is having it (I think Encore)