The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I always thought Cavaliers were dim-witted. Sorry, guys! It was probably the type of owner attracted to them...the only, singular type I saw at the end of the leash. The type that name their dogs Cookie, Sweetie, and Coco.

Since playing in the agility world, I've seen a couple who fly and have the pleasure of training with one who is fast, drivey, and lives to tug. Knock me over with a feather. I wouldn't mind taking her home, even if she does have one of those names.

1 members found this post helpful.

unfortunately, my sister is one of those irresponsible breeders...picks a popular breed, then breeds indiscriminately,NEVER spays/neuters, lets fathers breed daughtr, etc....................she has done this with scotties,collies, and now, cavs.............

bonnie schubert
    millerstown,pa.................just outside of harrisburg....talks a fantastic game, but is a compulsive liar and hoarder.......so ,if cav club/rescue, whatever can use this info,go for it
    Last edited by tallyho392; Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Unless she is a member of a legitimate AKC or CKCS club, there is not much that can be done. Puppy millers and irresponsible breeders just "do their own thing" and either don't register their dogs or register them with a puppy mill registry.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

The people I know thought they asked all the right questions, but people just lie and tell buyers that their lines have all been tested and are free of X problem, or they'll say that their dogs have never produced dogs with these problems, and it just isn't true. I just saw a German Shepherd pedigree posted the other day with the dam listed as OFA good hips. A simple trip to the OFA website says she has Fair hips. ("Fair" is still considered Normal; nevertheless if the hips are Fair you shouldn't be publishing them as Good).

The Cavvy people I know just got cheated - 3 dogs, 3 different breeders in the past 5 years. They're done with the breed, which is such a shame.

I have two- one Tri and one Ruby.

My lovely old man, Josh. He's 13 this year and is a proper character. He loves to steal my shoes and sleep on them.

My ginger dog, Oli. He's a big boy (twice as tall as Josh).
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

How did I miss this last year?

I have two cavaliers now, 5 year old Rio and 5 month old Willow.
    Rio competes in Agility, and Willow will when she's older and broke.

Apparently I have a condition (probably diagnosable, maybe treatable) where I have to make all of my animals compete against other animals while jumping over things...

Rio

Willow

I really, really want a Cav when I retire (within the next 5-6 years) and I would go to Texas to get one of Sonesta's in a heartbeat. From Massachusetts.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    I really, really want a Cav when I retire (within the next 5-6 years) and I would go to Texas to get one of Sonesta's in a heartbeat. From Massachusetts.
    I got mine from Sonesta...went to Texas from California. Well worth the trip.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Aw, you guys are making me blush. But I am grateful that you appreciate my dogs.

FYI, here is the latest boy that I have held back to show. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6wks (21).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	39438  
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

He is adorable!!! That's exactly what I want - a tricolor boy.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!