The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any experience with Alpha Boost Juice?

The thread about winter ulcers got me thinking about the effect of the loss of grazing in the winter. Has anyone used Alpha Boost Juice, particularly with an ulcery horse? TIA

What's in it?
    Click here before you buy.

The below info is from the website - it was recommended to me by someone and I was curious to know if anyone has ever fed it and what they found as a result...

Alpha Boost Instructions:

Simply mix concentrate with water to rehydrate raw nutrients. Pour over any feed source, or use in feed soak.

For best results in horses & livestock, feed on an empty stomach. Squirt into mouth or pour into empty bucket.

1 canister of Alpha Boost concentrate is equal to 2.5 pounds of fresh spring nutrients found in crop grasses.

EGUS: Horses with equine ulcer gastric syndrome EGUS, often refuse to train, exhibit poor hair coat, are reluctant to eat, do not maintain good body weight, have slower work times and take longer to cool out after a race or work out. High grain diets and limited access to forage are factors in the prevalent condition known as EGUS in racehorses. It is well accepted that 90% of all racehorses and horses in competition or training suffer from EGUS.

Feed daily to stabilize blood sugars, provide energy and alkalize the stomach acids before competition.

Immediate absorption when fed on an empty stomach.

Ingredients: Organic Alfalfa leaf, Organic Egyptian Kamut leaf, Organic Barley Leaf, Organic Oat leaf. Cereal grasses are harvested at their peak nutritional grass stage. Cool processing maintains raw nutrients

Sounds like a bunch of unimpressive ingredients with a lot of buzzwords slapped on the bottle. I'm particularly tickled by and curious how one could "alkalize an acid".

Hum, at first I was thinking that this was like wheat grass juice, and I wondered if it needed refrigeration, or if not, how it was preserved.

But I see that instead, it is a dry product, that has been through “cool processing that maintains raw nutrients”

Interesting.

The alfalfa hay I feed is also made up largely of alfalfa leaves, and it too has been “cool processed” by curing in the field.

http://www.alphaboostjuice.com/Ordernow.html

They don’t give any nutritional values. Any guaranteed analysis, just a few testimonials about how this product “saved their horse’s life”.

I am calling snake oil on this one.

What's the benefit to feeding those things? Sounds hinky to me.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

It's not the ingredients of grazing that protect the horse's stomach. It's the actual ACT OF GRAZING--it produces saliva which buffers stomach acids as it is swallowed. Why not just get a good "Smart Gut" type of powder with a good antacid in it. That should do the trick, I think. Unless your horse is having severe ulcer problems and the vet should then take a look. Also, I'd check all those ingredients for sugar levels. The last thing your horse needs is any added sugar. There is enough of that floating around as it is, with our corn and molasses based feeds.
    My treasures do not chink, nor glitter. They carry me to great heights, they gleam in the sun, and they neigh in the night. That is my life, at the end of the day.

Or just feed hay. Horses are not meant to graze on lush, green, springtime forage all the time anyhow.

I would like to know how much sugar/carbs are in it. Spring grass can play havoc with insulin resistance.

Default Alpha Boost Juice

We know, horse people are skeptical when it comes to horse supplements, but this one actually works. Visit us online to read more about Alpha Boost Juice and what it actually does. www.horsegreens.com No magic, no unrealistic promises, nothing artificial either. Alpha Boost Juice does help an ulcery horse, but not like a pharmaceutical, or an herb. If you don't believe us, take the 10 day challenge, order your free sample today alphaboostjuice@gmail.com