The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's an attempt to yank chains, I believe. Sure sign of a mature and responsible adult.

1 members found this post helpful.

I hope your daughter moves out and takes the bird with her. They both would be better off without a troll like you in their lives.

2 members found this post helpful.

Default self awareness

Quote Originally Posted by dodedo View Post
    Regretfully I have to inform the wolf pack that the ordeal has been thought about today and equated the risk to the reason that a Canary is taken into a coal mine. Imagine that, me being so alarmed and removing the dispenser got her to do exactly what her Mother would do.....research and validate.
    She proved it to herself by trying to make me look like the bad guy, and looked into it and found that she could have been devastated by a stupid mistake by not thinking things through. She didn't think about the aerosol dispenser being like the hairspray that we had previously discussed....and Teflon, and cleaning agents etc etc
    "Mom, thanks for saving my baby from me! Sorry I pitched a fit that you invaded my room and took that dispenser out! It would have killed me to find her sick or dead when I woke up! Cant believe I was that stupid and argued about it last night!" "Today, I even took her to the sun porch while the house keepers were here so she wouldn't breath those fumes!"
    Stupid mistakes can make for tragic consequences so glad this one was avoided.
    She didn't jump to conclusions (for long anyways) that I was a control freak or worse and etc like some of the COTH posters here and she did the right thing and stopped jumping to the wrong conclusions.
    So again, sorry to not provide some with more fodder for their quest at being superior in their own virtual minds, but go ahead and have at it, I will continue to be amused.

I hope your daughter is able to overcome a derisive mother.

For you, i sincerely add my suggestion to those of others who recommend that you talk to your doctor about emotional outbursts. As a person who has in the past had great difficulty with anger management, your own life will be very much happier if you find a way to be more even. You keep defending yourself as if there is ever a situation where calling your child stupid, idiotic and other language is ever okay. the very fact that you were thinking it makes me feel so very sad for your daughter.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dodedo View Post
    Regretfully I have to inform the wolf pack that the ordeal has been thought about today and equated the risk to the reason that a Canary is taken into a coal mine. Imagine that, me being so alarmed and removing the dispenser got her to do exactly what her Mother would do.....research and validate.
    She proved it to herself by trying to make me look like the bad guy, and looked into it and found that she could have been devastated by a stupid mistake by not thinking things through. She didn't think about the aerosol dispenser being like the hairspray that we had previously discussed....and Teflon, and cleaning agents etc etc
    "Mom, thanks for saving my baby from me! Sorry I pitched a fit that you invaded my room and took that dispenser out! It would have killed me to find her sick or dead when I woke up! Cant believe I was that stupid and argued about it last night!" "Today, I even took her to the sun porch while the house keepers were here so she wouldn't breath those fumes!"
    Stupid mistakes can make for tragic consequences so glad this one was avoided.
    She didn't jump to conclusions (for long anyways) that I was a control freak or worse and etc like some of the COTH posters here and she did the right thing and stopped jumping to the wrong conclusions.
    So again, sorry to not provide some with more fodder for their quest at being superior in their own virtual minds, but go ahead and have at it, I will continue to be amused.
    Would you like a bigger spoon?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

1 members found this post helpful.

Since the OP has apparently resolved her original issue, we'll close this before it gets too off the rails.

Mod 3