The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down I would quit and save my money!!

This is an actual CL ad

Horse for sale because of "a ful time colage bill"

"Desiel is a really sweet 4 year old mare, she is tecnacly green broke but ONLY becuase She need more time on western reining and age. She has packed, showed, trail riden and city, moved cows and they nor water scare her. She is great in the paster by herself or with others geldings or mares. She has a personality that shines and is great with people, she will come right to you just to play or to be cought and is bumed when she dosnt get to go. This horse loves to go, and with that being said i really dont want to sell her!!! but I am a Full time student and have a full time job, and a ful time colage bill and I dont have the time she deserves and needs to finish her. I am asking 1000 but am willing to take offers. Her breading is clydesdale and a race horse that got over the fence haha. but this oops can go anywhere from jumping (she loves it) to barrels, roping or just a great ride, she is a power house, and loves to please you! For serious inquiries ONLY!!"

Horse looks nice and I won't link the ad, but as Gob would say - "COME ON!"
    http://youtu.be/SP_9zH9Q44o

(Even when I copy and paste the wording, my spell check goes nuts, so how does this happen??)

Sorry, there's really no point to this post...
    Last edited by BEARCAT; Jan. 7, 2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Gob
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

2 members found this post helpful.

Great in the paster. But don't ride her on Sundays, cause she obviously busy then.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

6 members found this post helpful.

Unfortunately I have seen writing like this, produced by people currently enrolled in college.

I do NOT understand how it happens. I joke that I can’t spell to save my life. I went through series of test in middle school, and the best they could come up with is that I must have some sort of dyslexia. I can manage just fine in other areas, but have a hard time spelling (and not writing letters backwards).

That said, I use SPELL CHECK. I check over my writing before I submit it to anyone, even text messages.

Spelling is important. The written word is important. To write something like this CL poster did screams of laziness to me.

13 members found this post helpful.

I saw that this morning and had exactly the same reaction! I wonder if it is due to texting? Not having the time or the space to easily go back and view or maybe some 'phones don't have spellcheck (or worse, have auto correct).

OMG my eyes are bleeding! Really? YOU'RE going to COLLEGE? Suddenly I'm very afraid of our future...
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

7 members found this post helpful.

I was praying they were kidding, sadly I am sure it is the real thing.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I must have been marking too many university students' essays.... because actually, aside from the spelling, this student's grammar and sentence structure are quite decent. I'd personally take poor spelling over poor grammar any day, because the former is far easier to teach and fix!

(It may also have been written on a phone... while I personally may lament the advent of texting as the death of civilisation, it does seem that spelling errors are unavoidable if one isn't inclined to spend a full minute on each word!)
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

1 members found this post helpful.

Maybe she collects these:
    http://arttattler.com/archivejasperjohns.html

(although that would still take 2 L's)

Oh man, that is atrocious. Sorry, but posting from the phone or not there is no excuse for that hideous spelling. Auto-correct would have HAD to pick up at least some of those problems.

Her breading is clydesdale
    I bet it tastes good with fava beans and a nice Chianti

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Unfortunately I have seen writing like this, produced by people currently enrolled in college.
    Me too -- unfortunately, quite a few of them are my students.

From the horse's Equine Now Ad: "Diesel" is a clydesdale/quarter horse mare. her mom was black and white clydesdale and her daddy was blue roan qh. she is 4 or 5 years old, im not sure what her birth date is. she was born in north dakota but has lived in arizona since she was 6 months old. i bought her a little over a year ago and moved back to cali with her. she is not broke but i have had about 10 rides on her. her nature is very sweet and lazy. i bought her for $5,000 and i would like to get what i paid for her but i am also accepting offers. please call for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post

I do NOT understand how it happens. I joke that I can’t spell to save my life. I went through series of test in middle school, and the best they could come up with is that I must have some sort of dyslexia. I can manage just fine in other areas, but have a hard time spelling (and not writing letters backwards).

That said, I use SPELL CHECK. I check over my writing before I submit it to anyone, even text messages.

Spelling is important. The written word is important. To write something like this CL poster did screams of laziness to me.
    LOL, I can't spell nor type....

but spellcheck don't catch stuff that is spelled right but the completely wrong world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Maybe she was drunk CL posting?

Clearly by the Equine Now ad she can spell...
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I bet it's Honey Boo Boo's mom

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    I bet it's Honey Boo Boo's mom
    o.O

I'm sorry if you don't approve of them, but (a) that's mean and (b) on the subject, they're obviously a very loving family who all mean a lot to each other, and I'd rather have that than the children who are "civilized" and abused.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPeep View Post
    that's mean
    My specialty. So sorry if you don't approve.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    From the horse's Equine Now Ad: "Diesel" is a clydesdale/quarter horse mare. her mom was black and white clydesdale and her daddy was blue roan qh. she is 4 or 5 years old, im not sure what her birth date is. she was born in north dakota but has lived in arizona since she was 6 months old. i bought her a little over a year ago and moved back to cali with her. she is not broke but i have had about 10 rides on her. her nature is very sweet and lazy. i bought her for $5,000 and i would like to get what i paid for her but i am also accepting offers. please call for more information
    $1000 on CL
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Quote Originally Posted by laskiblue View Post
    Me too -- unfortunately, quite a few of them are my students.
    And mine. Try reading a lab report in that format.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    I'm not sure its the same horse. The OP said it was a race horse crossed with a Clyde, and this says a blue roan QH crossed with a clyde. And the difference in price would seem that its not the same horse...who knows though!
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."