The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How to look up a horse's European record with DE #?

Hi- there is a horse I am trying to buy and want to look up his European show record, but can't figure out how. Can anyone help me out? I have the DE #. Thanks so much!!

Contact the European breed association and ask them. That's how I got Figaro's jumping record.

There is a way to do it online- I am just looking for his dressage record. Thanks for any help!!

Honestly, Google is also very helpful. I've looked up many a european show record via Google.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Honestly, Google is also very helpful. I've looked up many a european show record via Google.
    I have tried that to no avail... There must be a central website???

I tried looking up Figgy's records online. I had to go through the Hanoverian registry in Germany. Sorry.

You can try the FEI database, but if he never had a FEI passport, you won't get a hit. Or otherwise try going to the FN.

For Germany, you can send your inquiery to this email: Erfolgsauskuenfte@fn-dokr.de

The German website is here:
    https://fn-jahrbuch.de/moja/MojaMain/

Quote Originally Posted by Luminati View Post
    Hi- there is a horse I am trying to buy and want to look up his European show record, but can't figure out how. Can anyone help me out? I have the DE #. Thanks so much!!
    I am a german with online exess to the FN database. Can I help you? I would need the DE...... number, or the name of the sire plus the dam sire plus year of birth, name of the breeder or the current owner

Quote Originally Posted by Quaterback View Post
    I am a german with online exess to the FN database. Can I help you? I would need the DE...... number, or the name of the sire plus the dam sire plus year of birth, name of the breeder or the current owner
    Ooooh, can you do one for me, too?!
    DE 418 180010804
    I'd love just to have it, even though I already have the horse. Is there any way to get the names of her offspring? I think she's had 1 or 2 foals.
    I've been trying to find this info, as well!!
    Thanks so much!!!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Quote Originally Posted by ako View Post
    Ooooh, can you do one for me, too?!
    DE 418 180010804
    I'd love just to have it, even though I already have the horse. Is there any way to get the names of her offspring? I think she's had 1 or 2 foals.
    I've been trying to find this info, as well!!
    Thanks so much!!!
    I have tried but sorry, you horse - a 9 year old Oldenburger Springpferde International mare - is not mentioned in the data base. The reason might be that neighter your mare nor one of her offspring has so far any placements in the last years in a german turnament. But if you send me the names of the father, mother and the mothers father and if possible the name of the breeder I will try again and maybe we will be more succesful.

Great horses for great people.
    Last edited by Quaterback; Jan. 9, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaterback View Post
    I have tried but sorry, you horse - a 9 year old Oldenburger Springpferde International mare - is not mentioned in the data base. The reason might be that neighter your mare nor one of her offspring has so far any placements in the last years in a german turnament. But if you send me the names of the father, mother and the mothers father and if possible the name of the breeder I will try again and maybe we will be more succesful.

Ups, I tried a few other databases - with success: Your horse was called Bagenia (Name as a Sporthorse) and also Congenia (as a breeding mare), Breeder Gestüt Lewitz, tha means Paul Schockemöhle. Pedigree Baloubet due Rue, Continue, Sandro, Gepard. Darkchestnut. all in all 9 placements up to L-Level (2nd level?) No offspring with placements so far.
    There is a full-sister, Name: Bardine resp. Cobette, darkchestnut too, many own placements up to M-level, 1 offspring "Cabira" sirfe Cabira, placements up m-level too. All placements in jumping, not in dressage.
    I hope I could help you!

Quaterback, thank you!! I bought her last Spring. The show record didnt mean much at the time because I'd already decided on her.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!