The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thank you. I have a feeling that she's gone, and I truly hope that it was quick, unless the alternative is her being fine and happy at home tonight. I just hate my imagination, I don't want to picture her lying somewhere suffering. It's mkaing me sick. She was only a year or so old. Praying she's either ok or in kitty heaven already..

Jingles for your kitty!

Jingling for you, your husband and dear sweet kitty!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Oh you poor dear! I'm so sorry for you and your poor kitty. Jingling that she shows up fit and fine tonight for supper.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Oh I'm so sorry! Big big hugs, and many jingles coming your way. UGH! Thinking of you!!!

((((((((HHHUUUGGGSSS))))))))
    When I was a kid at my grandpa's we 3 looked all under a car for a kitten and it STILL got itself run over when the car was put in gear. Sometimes accidents just happen.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

My worst nightmare! I'm so, so sorry, my heart goes out to you. Many hugs from NJ.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

So sorry you have to deal with this.

I tell myself it's the price we pay for letting them be outdoors pets.
    Doesn't help much when my little 5# Verminator goes missing for a day or so...

Please update if you can - either way, your kitty would not blame you, so you & DH shouldn't beat yourselves up over whatever the outcome.

My DH used to say "They call them accidents because noone sets out to have them happen"
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

3 members found this post helpful.

I am hoping hard you will find her a bit bruised and very indignant, but otherwise all right when you get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Maybe your kitty just fell out from under the car, and was touched by the wheels. Thus she got up and ran off, bruised but ok. Also, the more wiser.

Hope all turns out well. (((hugs)))

2 members found this post helpful.

Here you are --- hug, hug, hug.

I suppose she was sleeping under there for residual warmth from the engine.
    Could a person bang on the hood before starting the engine?

Accidents happen, change your thoughts when you start dwelling on it.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Jingling that you find your kitty at home and with just some bumps and bruises.
    We have had a couple run over in the barn parking lot that have survived no worse for their adventures. How I will never know, but they have such resilient little bodies.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I hope you find her at home tonight with nothing much hurt but her dignity and her inclination to sleep in the undercarriage.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

HUGS to you!! I was unloading a pickup full of sawdust once and our Lab/ Rott mix must have been laying under the truck sleeping. I finished, got in, started it up and drove forward and went over a huge bump. Herd a yelp! yelp! yelp! and saw her running like a "bat out of hell" for parts unknown. I was inconsolable knowing I had just killed my dog. She came back a couple hours later and lived for at least 7 more years. So there is hope.

Well, I'm off for the house. Please keep sending jingles...Mods, I know this isn't horse related, I'm sorry, I understand if you need to close it, but if it's still open tomorrow I will post an update. Thanks so much for all the support, guys.

1 members found this post helpful.

More hugs and lots of jingles! The mods may move this to the Menagerie section.

Oh, poor kitty and poor you and Mr. TOTT. I'm so sorry this accident happened. Really hoping she is just bruised and scared and is home soon.

She's a beautiful kitty.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Jingles here! -It is one of my worst fears too...I hit a pregnant stray cat crossing the road at about 35 mph- she dropped like a stone. I got out, picked her up, brought her home- she lost the kittens, but she was FINE-couple weeks of rest and she was good as new, and ready to be on her way (feral). They are tougher than we think-hopefully your kitty bounces back as well and will be home and safe.
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    ~Vet Tech Student
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 3 Cats, 6 (Former) Stepkids

She could be okay
    I accidentally dropped the tractor bucket on my 14lb terrier. He was sleeping under it and I didn't see him. I only heard a squeak when I stood up to get off. I looked down and his tiny head was sticking out, he couldn't even bark he was so squashed. Then in a panic I couldn't remember what direction lifted the bucket up so risked crushing him. When I lifted the bucket there was a doggy imprint in the dirt so it did squish him.

I aged about 10 years in 10 minutes rushed the dog up to the vet and he was perfectly fine. Actually after that he could suddenly jump to shoulder hight(7 yrs old when it happened) and he previously even as a pup couldn't jump more than 12" high so I guess I fixed something. A year later he is still fine.

I also know a farrier that showed up at a farm with 2 chickens that apparently rode under the truck 40 minutes from home with him. It was quite a laugh to see him drive out with 2 chickens in the cab with him.

Jingling like crazy for you and either way forgive yourself. I remember how hard that was. ((hugs))