The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Essex shirt outlet?! Alternatives?

Ack - I was just there a few days ago, and today I'm getting a msg that "This account has been disavowed" when I go to www.essexclassicsoutlet.com - am I using the wrong url? That's the one I have bookmarked and the one that google gives me!

AHH!!

Um, anyone have any suggestions for alternative sites that have great prices on show shirts?

Oh no! That's a real bummer—maybe give it a few days? I've recently bought a couple of the Equine Couture show shirts (http://www.onestopequineshop.com/Equ...t_p_12454.html) and for the price, they're a steal.

Thanks, The Ridge! I'll take a look!

I do hope the site comes back - I love them!

I noticed that too and I was about to order one, so I had a page up on one of my computers and it was still up... so just the home page and like half the site seem down maybe?
    http://www.essexclassicsoutlet.com/store_6.htm
    this URL still takes you to the page and you can click through the store and cart and go to checkout, kinda weary about ordering though if half the site says it's suspended. Do you think it's still okay? I've never ordered from them, and I don't need a new shirt for a while, but man those prices on such beautiful shirts! I really want them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Oh no! That's a real bummer—maybe give it a few days? I've recently bought a couple of the Equine Couture show shirts (http://www.onestopequineshop.com/Equ...t_p_12454.html) and for the price, they're a steal.
    The Ridge,

Those shirts are very cute.

How do the sizes run? My experience with their breeches was they ran very small.

Also do they breathe well?

Thanks.

I've never ordered from them before, but I purchased 2 from them on Sunday, then the next day the site was down. Hopefully I receive them.

I think they run big. In retrospect, I would've ordered a smaller size (but tucked in and under a show coat, it doesn't really matter). I've only worn them at a 20 degree horse show with an UnderArmour-like layer underneath, but I wasn't too sweaty, too cold, or too hot, so I'm a fan thus far!

Also, I would keep an eye on Tack of the Day (tackoftheday.com)
    Granted, they only host one day sales, but you can't find better prices than what they have! And they sell only big name items: Grand Prix, Essex, Tailored Sportsman, Ariat, Charles Owen, Rambo...

Quote Originally Posted by JumpsJumps View Post
    Granted, they only host one day sales, but you can't find better prices than what they have! And they sell only big name items: Grand Prix, Essex, Tailored Sportsman, Ariat, Charles Owen, Rambo...
    Tack of the Day does also have some random stuff (anyone remember the bedazzled thongs they were selling in the fall?!) but they do have the occasional score. They have a new section, Tack of the Day too, where they get rid of overflow, and they usually have about 6 items in there.

I haven't seen Essex shirts there, but someone on here recommended tackdealz.com and they have had some interesting, quality things - BOT products, HDR bridles/girths, Rambo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpsJumps View Post
    Not all the time. Sometimes they have particularly good deals but sometimes their special price is the same price or higher than you can find closeout goods anywhere. You have to know what you're looking at. Sometimes they do have deals!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

SmartPak has a sale going on Essex shirts.

???--how does a RJ Classics shirt compare in sizing to Essex? I am thinking of ordering one, but not sure how it fits. It seems like the RJ hunt coats ran small on me so are the shirts the same?
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    SmartPak has a sale going on Essex shirts.
    Good find!

http://www.smartpakequine.com/sale--...sults_trigger=

As for sizing, I'm not sure. I'd love to know as well!