The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Guy.

Well, we just brought home this new guy today--was curious what some of those who are into TB eventing pedigrees thought about this one: http://www.pedigreequery.com/rhythm+royale

He is a just coming four year old colt, ranch raised, never been raced, well socialized but relatively untouched as far as basic training ect. He is however, proving to be very good minded, extremely willing and remarkably sensible (doesnt seem to be a naughty bone in his body so far).

Plan is to get him going a bit and get him out and about--see how he does, then maybe YEH in the fall if he comes along well enough.

He is literally fresh off the farm where he was raised--we are really happy with our choice so far (here are the pics): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1903725&type=1

4 members found this post helpful.

Gorgeous.

1 members found this post helpful.

Nothing to say about his pedigree but he is very handsome! I love his face and all that chrome.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Could you make the Facebook setting public? I can't see him.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I just checked the setting and it says its public here is the link again: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1903725&type=1

Wow! He is gorgeous! I am such a fan of chestnuts with lots of chrome!!

LOVE his trot!! Congrats, and good luck!

WOW!!! He sure is a looker. Beautiful boy, I love his shiny new penny coat colour and prominent blaze. What is his barn name?

He is absolutely stunning. Wow. Congratulations and have fun with him!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Lovely!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

He is seriously a looker! Are you planning on gelding him?

Lovely pedigree!
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Is that white marking a marking or a scar? I think it's cute! I love when the blazes are a little off center like that.

He seems a nice mover, friendly with the pony. Are you going to geld, or what are your plans other than staring at his lovely self in the field??
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Here is maybe a little more "side view" photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

We do plan to geld him, have his teeth looked at, get his feet organized (he seems to have great looking feet-just needs to be better balanced) and all the other things you do with a new horse. He seems like a very 'normal', well adjusted, well socialized TB Colt--so not in a mad rush to geld him--but not looking to run another Colt/Stallion on at this time.

The plan is to get him started and then get him out and about some--if he does well we may try to take him YEH in the fall.

the white marking on his leg is just that--a white spot--he is a sabino. He was really cool with the pony--not nasty at all just happy to make a friend.

Wow! He's a tank, and I mean that in the best possible of ways! Very handsome. I'll bet he'll be a stunner once he's "sport horse-ified" (pulled mane, banged tail, gleaming whites). Well done!

3 members found this post helpful.

You did 5* good..

3 members found this post helpful.

He is handsome. Very nice bone to him.
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Hoo-eee, that is one damn fine lookin' horse.

Uh, I mean, that is a hideous creature, but I'd be happy to take him off your hands for you.. you know, spare you the shame of having him in your barn....
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

2 members found this post helpful.

Congrats! I'm getting a huge soft spot for the chestnuts with chrome myself
    The rebel in the grey shirt

WOW! Thanks for all the nice words for the new guy! We Looked at about 14 youngsters (most were quite good and obviously in good health-but all pretty raw/unkempt). I especially liked the coming four year old colts--and this one really caught my eye---not just because he is 'good looking/well made" but something about his temperament/demeanor.

Happy to report we had a chance to work with him just a little bit this morning and Im really pleased with how his brain works and his response to people/our requests. I think he is going to be a really neat horse to work with and Im really excited about him.

I am still interested in hearing from anyone that might have worked with this line--I did read that his sire Indy was quite a "Looker" himself with also apparently a good mind---but beyond that no experience with AP Indy or Seatle Slew sire line.

Great job!! He is quite the looker, and has quite the bloodlines. Love Secretariat descendants.