The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am personally Really enjoying bringing both of my Geldings to different shows with the Hudson Valley Horse Show Series! It's fun, relaxed but professional show series at 5 different barns around the Orange County, New York area.

It's nice because you can do a lead line class or a Marshall & Sterling 3' Class

http://www.hudsonvalleyhorseshows.com

http://facebook.com/hudsonvalleyhorseshows

Quote Originally Posted by JumpsJumps View Post
    What competition do you look forward to every season? What aspects make it your favorite horse show?

I second Thoroughbred Celebration Horse Shows in Lexington, VA! They are really classy shows, well run, good prizes, friendly exhibitors, and nice perks like free meals and cheap entries. They don't lack competition either, 35+ in the classes at their last fall show.

Looking forward to Vermont Summer Festival this year too, because we're combining showing and family vacation for a week
    Last edited by I'dRatherBRiding; Jan. 9, 2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by JumpsJumps View Post
    I'm in the Midwest and my trainer wants to go to Colorado to show, but I can't afford $2000 in shipping knowing that's could be used toward another show. Posted this in hopes of seeing good closer suggestions as well as just being curious. Except now you all have me wanting to go to the East Coast!!! Not helping
    What about Lamplight outside of Chicago? My daughter really liked showing there.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    What about Lamplight outside of Chicago? My daughter really liked showing there.
    It is nice. I've been showing there for 12 years so looking for something new!

Now granted I have only really shown close to where I live (and there aren't much choices around here! My favourite show is one of my few away shows, Brandon Manitoba winter fair! So much fun! 7 day long horse show, hotel is attached to the barns/show arenas, fair food and activities, night classes.

The 'Let's Show' series in NorCal are always so fun. They are great for Juniors mainly, but a lot of the adults get into the 'Themes' too! I also want to say it was Menlo (?) this year that had the big haunted house and everyone had a blast there! Another of my favorites is Sacramento.. always.

Quote Originally Posted by ElisLove View Post
    Now granted I have only really shown close to where I live (and there aren't much choices around here! My favourite show is one of my few away shows, Brandon Manitoba winter fair! So much fun! 7 day long horse show, hotel is attached to the barns/show arenas, fair food and activities, night classes.
    The hotel is attached....man, I think I need to find some shows like that! Oh the simplicity!

LOVE the Minnesota Harvest! I go to watch, even if I'm not riding!
    Friend of bar.ka

Quote Originally Posted by laughATTACK View Post
    The hotel is attached....man, I think I need to find some shows like that! Oh the simplicity!
    Except you gotta book the year before to have the chance for there to be a hotel room available! Rooms fill up crazy fast!

Brownland is one of my favorites shows