The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Doesn't matter, BC. Some of our Weymouth curbs have swivel shanks -- still doesn't make them appropriate for lateral flexion.

It's a great phrase but actually it has been around a long time.
    Big Hat, No Cattle was a Bellamy Brothers song, re-recorded by Randy Newman in 1999. I've got it on my iPod.

My eventer daughter puts cattle away after cutting lessons/training with her younger sister with her 18 hh Hanovarian. She also never hesitates about jumping on a short horse to cut, turn back or sort in her tall boots & breeches.

Johannes Beck-Broichsitter, a dressage trainer from Germany, comes over twice a year to us here. The first year he cut on one of my daughter's lesson horses. The next year he rode a reiner. He & his wife both rode reiners one year & Johannes has cut a few times now & loves it - his biggest problem is being willing to throw away the reins. He always asks Courtney who he's riding when he gets here.

Didn't get any cutting pics from November last year, but this is from last spring's reining:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I asked her if she was going to teach him to rope this year & she said neither of them have that much free time.

I think keeping yourself into watching/riding with a narrow focus limits you as a horseman/woman. We can all learn something new - even if it's sometimes what NOT to do.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by suze View Post
    Big Hat, No Cattle was a Bellamy Brothers song, re-recorded by Randy Newman in 1999. I've got it on my iPod.

My eventer daughter puts cattle away after cutting lessons/training with her younger sister with her 18 hh Hanovarian. She also never hesitates about jumping on a short horse to cut, turn back or sort in her tall boots & breeches.

Johannes Beck-Broichsitter, a dressage trainer from Germany, comes over twice a year to us here. The first year he cut on one of my daughter's lesson horses. The next year he rode a reiner. He & his wife both rode reiners one year & Johannes has cut a few times now & loves it - his biggest problem is being willing to throw away the reins. He always asks Courtney who he's riding when he gets here.

Didn't get any cutting pics from November last year, but this is from last spring's reining:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I asked her if she was going to teach him to rope this year & she said neither of them have that much free time.

I think keeping yourself into watching/riding with a narrow focus limits you as a horseman/woman. We can all learn something new - even if it's sometimes what NOT to do.
    Oh, thank you. I kept thinking I had heard it in a song.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Norton View Post
    I would read / Comprehend
    "All Hat and No Cattle"

the same way I would read

All the Gear & No Idea !
    Faux-tographers??? Sorry - couldn't resist. Please ignore my attempt at humor - NOT to cause a trainwreck.

C
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast