The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OH MY GOSH! *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* Clique!

So, about 3 years ago we had a thread and decided to create a "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" Clique. I have happily been sporting my little Clique signature ever since.

Well, something horrible happened.

I TURNED 30!!!!!!!!!

BAH! Oh and I am still hoping to be a good rider someday.

I definitely have been improving (buying an OTTB helped with that...she likes to keep me on my toes) but I still wouldn't put myself in that good category yet.

Anyway, where are all my 30-somethings who are still hoping to become a good rider someday?

Can I get a new clique please! haha
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

OMG...all that I know is that I NEED to be in this clique!

Hi, my name is Chris...and I am one of "those" amateurs.
    -CJS

2 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Hi, my name is Emma, and I definitely belong in this category.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I am Kim and for sure belong here at least for another 8 years

Where does the time go? I definitely don't feel old enough to be almost 30 or like I'm an adult, despite being married and having a "big girl" job and a baby. I proudly joined your clique when it was formed and am still holding out hope that someday I will be a good rider. In fact, that line in my signature is a big motivator. I'm determined to get riding consistently and be on my way to being good while I'm still in my 20's. That deadline is approaching faster that I realize. I'll be proudly joining the updated age group in a couple of years!

1 members found this post helpful.

Hi, my name is Megan, and.....x6.
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

You can call me MK. Where the heck do I sign up?!?!?
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

darn you, AllyandPete! Just realized I've only got another year in this clique, too. I better hurry up and get good...
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Hahaha count me in, too! My name is Adrienne and I still have eight years left to qualify for this clique. One day I hope to be the rider/horsewoman my horse deserves.......

I'm a wee bit past 30 but can I join too?!

I also have recently moved from the 20 group to the 30 group. And yes, still aspiring to be a good rider

What if you're approaching 30 at a lot faster rate than your improvement in riding??? Can I join too?!

I'm definitely one of "those" amateur riders
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh, me, me, me! As long as you don't discriminate against those who are already halfway through their 30s and still are hoping to one day be at least decent

I still have 4 years left in this clique and I'm not sure if I'll get where I want to be by 30!! Any other grown women on ponies in the clique?! Can we have another update/encouragement thread?!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    Oh, me, me, me! As long as you don't discriminate against those who are already halfway through their 30s and still are hoping to one day be at least decent
    Right there with you. I hope to one day not have my heels always come up over jumps, not slouch my shoulders, get consistent distances, give good releases, get my horse straight, have a decent sitting trot consistently, and not fumble with my double reins. Until then, I am going to have fun and laugh at myself liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    Right there with you. I hope to one day not have my heels always come up over jumps, not slouch my shoulders, get consistent distances, give good releases, get my horse straight, have a decent sitting trot consistently, and not fumble with my double reins. Until then, I am going to have fun and laugh at myself liberally.
    Right on!!