The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cloudyandcallie, it seems Cheryl hasn't been on Coth in quite sometime. I am composing and e-mail right now to send to College.

It is my understanding that so called breeds like Hanoverian, Holsteiner, and Oldenburg were not breeds a long time ago. They called the horses this to identify what part of germany they came from. It was how they kept track of horses and breeding. As years went by people started referring to them as breeds because each registry had their own goals. Just like most dutch and danish horses can be traced back to german horses. That is why you can see horses of different breeds in their pedigree. At least that is what I've been told. Most warmbloods can be traced back to a lot of the same horses.

1 members found this post helpful.

Default He is a cute horse

There is not really anything about him that screams warmblood.

I would probably have your vet, or some other qualified person tell you about how old they think he is, ride him and enjoy him.

Seldom are "free" horses everything they are represented to be, but it's easier to give away a former Hanoverian event horse that was "somebody" whose papers were lost, destroyed, whatever than it is to give away a grade horse out of non-winner of a ham sandwich by who's your daddy.

He looks cute and sweet, hopefully , he'll stay sound and you'll have many years of enjoyment with him.

You are "brave" for taking on the unknown, good for you.

5 members found this post helpful.

www.savethehorses.org.

Cheryl is very nice. If the horse came through her place in Forsyth County, she can maybe help you find previous owner or barn where he was stabled. Apparently she has another branch of her rescue, so check there also.

Cheryl also has a number of people who are local to her and help her out. Perhaps one of them knows the horse.

Also try GERL, Georgia Equine Rescue League, which I think has changed its name. Hedqtrs is somewhere up near you, I think.

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

I feel much more educated about Warmbloods now. All I have ever dealt with are thoroughbreds and tb crosses. I really thought that each warmblood breed was a specific breed like Appaloosa, thoroughbreds, quarter horses, etc. I will definitely do more research on the subject an educate myself more. Thanks for all of the kind words about him, he has good days and bad. But he loves my attention so I'm totally cool with that.

Don't worry, OP, there are people on this board who still don't know what a warmblood is, because they don't read the european books. Which btw, are available in english translations.

I told you how great Cheryl is. Horseinc is really a nice person who helps rescue and rehab and rehome horses in north GA, in Forsyth County above Atlanta. She is truly a nice person, so contact her for help.

As others have said, he's cute, and I hope you have years of enjoyment with him. The trouble with not getting a tattooed TB is that you always have difficulty in finding out just who your horse was before you got him. Heck, when you buy a tattooed tb, it still takes a while to decipher the tattoo and find out from the Jockey Club just who the horse is.

I hope that you can successfully rehab Be Brave and that he will give you years of enjoyment. And don't worry about what others say. My first BO said Cloudy was probably not what his papers and brand said he was. I laughed and said I was happy if he was Cloudy Cowpony with a Texas brand, as he was the horse I tried out and fell in love with and bought. (He doesn't even have a Texas accent, altho now he has a Geechee one.))

1 members found this post helpful.

He is very cute and I hope you can find out more about his past. C&C is right even with tatto'd TB the paper trial can be murky. It took me almost 20 years to find out definitively who my TB jumper was according to the Jockey Club. A few name changes and a not legible tattoo and it was all cat and mouse to find out his past.

He does not scream WB to me almost looks like perhaps there is a bit of QH in there.

Regardless he is cute boy and I wish you both the best.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Thanks y'all. I haven't made any progress with my search. I am finding a lot of dead ends. Maybe if its meant to be ill know.