The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Member Here...Hello!

Hey everyone!
    I thought I would introduce myself and my herd. I have been a member of HGS for years, but finally decided to join y'all on here! I used to event until my little pinto had a stifle injury right before competing training level. I then got an OTTB and through trial and error found his passion for dressage. Competed him through 2nd level and I was hooked on dressage from that point on. I sold him and had an up and coming trakehner cross that I had since a yearling. I broke him, but after 10 rides on him I had to have ankle reconstruction (it was a planned surgery for over a yr, so not due to injury). I finished breaking him during recovery and he was an angel for me. I have taken him to three shows now and he has gotten almost all blue ribbons and multiple high points in intro and Training level. We were, and hopefully still am, trying for Training Level Test 3 and First Level rated this yr at some point. I say hopefully because he recently fractured his sesamoid so I am dealing with the healing process as we speak. Because of this, I have taken my pinto out of retirement and am gearing him up for eventing once again...I must say he is LOVING it as am I. I have a small boarding/training facility and I love every second of it!

My Herd:
    Ashotta Patrone - "Patrone" - Born July 15, 2007 - Trakehner cross 15.2 hh gelding - Training level dressage

Daddy's Dollars - "Amigo" - 19 yrs old - 14.3 hh bay and white pinto gelding - coming out of retirement, has evented novice and competed 1st level dressage

Gen's Armed and On Edge - "Max" - TWH 14.3 hh liver chestnut gelding - reliable trail horse

My Lucky Penny - "Penny" - around 14-15 yrs old - haflinger/quarter pony - 13.1 hh chestnut mare - fun/lesson pony (jumps, dressage, pulls a cart, etc)

Belle - late 30s (~38) yrs old - belgian - 15.3 hh chesnut mare - recued 10 yrs ago and brought her to a healthy weight and she has been a pasture pet ever since...pulled a carriage in NYC for almost 20 yrs.

Donkey - 5 yrs old - mini donkey - farm mascott - children can ride, show, play with, and paint on him...just a great little guy!

That's all of them thanks for reading!

-Not sure how to add photos. On HGS I copy and paste from FB, but that didn't seem to work here.

Welcome!

You have to be a premium member here to upload directly. Otherwise, just post a link to photobucket or webshots.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Welcome to the crazy house lol Sounds like a fun little herd you have. Can't wait to see pics of them all.

P.

Welcome and good luck with your goals.

Pictures are always nice.

Welcome to the board!

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Quote Originally Posted by Polydor View Post
    Welcome to the crazy house lol Sounds like a fun little herd you have. Can't wait to see pics of them all.

P.

Ditto this, especially the "crazy house" line of late. . . must be Winter! anyway welcome and hope to see you out there.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Yup, welcome! There are lots of good people here, with lots of wise advice. Anyone can learn a lot. Just develop a bit of a thick skin, because the snark can fly thick at times. You'll learn to sort through that stuff, to get to the good.

Nice sounding herd you have, by the way.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Yup, welcome! There are lots of good people here, with lots of wise advice. Anyone can learn a lot. Just develop a bit of a thick skin, because the snark can fly thick at times. You'll learn to sort through that stuff, to get to the good.

Nice sounding herd you have, by the way.
    Well spoken, and completely true the herd dynamics is there are too many boss mares

Horsekrazy89... what part of Kentucky are in? I grew up in Oldham County

1 members found this post helpful.