The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Equistix Massage Tool - Anyone use this?

Came across this product online, http://equusathletics.com/products/equistix/. Anyone have experience with this massage tool? Looks very interesting and like it may work. TIA!

Hmm, it looks exhausting to use. The horse seems to be enjoying it. I think a really firm currying may be just as effective. If it was a lot cheaper, it could be worthwhile.

I would love to have somebody do that on me every day.

I'll give you a cheap way to try it out: Get a rolling pin out of your kitchen cabinet, and try it for a few days. If you like doing that, and if your horse likes it, you might want to spring for the correct tool.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Im a little late to this thread, but in case you are still wondering...

I just got this as a gift for my Bday, and I was a little skeptical of it at first... But its really, really awesome!

(It is sorta like a rolling pin, haha, but flexible! Not sure my horse would tolerate a rolling pin the same)!

My horse seems to seriously enjoy our sessions, and he really does seem more supple to me!

Note: I do get pro body work done as well, but this tool is definitely more beneficial than I gave it initial credit for. I thus showed my CESMT, and he really liked it too. He said something to the effect, "it certainly cant hurt, and anything that's going to keep Prowler tuned up is worth the extra time".

Agreed!

We also pass it around the barn and use it on ourselves.... and it feels amazing! Haha! I have no doubts about using it on my jumper, and whether or not its some "miracle" tool - well, obviously that's a bold statement, but we are certainly enjoying it for its seeming performance benefits, and feel-goodness!

I'd say its well worth the $$!