The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fun Thread: Trip Across US

Rather than a blog which nobody will read, I thought I'd update our trip progress here for our move.

My husband, my parents, my cat, my dog, my four horses, a uhaul,
    a truck and trailer, and my preggo self have officially left WA for KY and its been great so far. I may never wrap another horse as long as I live after this trip, but everyone is sound so far with clean legs, so I'm happy. The PSSM pair is doing really well on their supplements, and my geriatric pony hasn't bitten anyone yet. We stayed with Robin at B&B Ranch in Redding CA last night, and I'm eating the hand packed lunch she made for breakfast right now. Horses got a huge arena for all night turnout, and we stayed on site with them. Coming out to happy horses is the best morning view I could ask for we're in CA right now and the view is beyond amazing. Thank god for Internet on the iPad and the kindle store, if anyone has any great horse fiction recommendations, let me know!!
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

5 members found this post helpful.

Safe travels!!

The Eighty Dollar Champion is worth a read.

May the rest of your journey go as smoothly.

Let's hope this is a pretty and easy drive across the USA - have a great time!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

i just finished lady of horses by judith tarr.
    it's sort of a cross between clan of the cave bears and the burning phallus genre,lol.
    but light and fun and distracting.

safe journey, keep posting!

My only complaint is that it's supposed to be warmer in Cali!!! And that none of the seats lean back. The horses are doing great, trying to get attention from people who might have food at truck stops lol. Horse showing is never going to be a big deal after this.....
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

1 members found this post helpful.

This is a great thread - kep it comingwith your adventures and places to stay -
    bit of a geography leson for some of us.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant and every sign I see is for wine tasting! Life is occasionally cruel there went another one........

Awesome! Glad the ponies are doing well

I love your attitude- having fun and making jokes will make the days and miles fly by. WTG,sister! Can't wait to read more and may all go well for you.

Where's your next stop?

What a great idea for a thread. I'm glad everything is going smoothly. It's going to be very interesting, following your trip across the US. Have you booked stays at specific horse-friendly places across the country?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

5 1/2 months preggo and able to read in the car... I'm jealous!! DH and I drove from Settle, WA back to VT for our honeymoon. It was a blast!!

Have a good trip and please keep updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.