The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rehomed - Talented 10yo Selle Francais mare looking for a new rider

Due to no fault of her own, I am looking to re-home my mare Panache. I simply do not have the time to ride her and she really does need to be in a program of consistent riding. She went back into a training program last fall but came up with a minor lameness. Time off and some rest and she's good as new, but does need to be brought back into work correctly to rebuild fitness. Panache goes best with a rider who has a soft hand and seat; one who can keep her actively engaged while working. I've never had an opportunity to take her around cross-country jumps but I think it would be right up her alley.

Panache is a well schooled and brave mare with a big step and scope to spare. Panache is currently jumping around 2'6 courses with changes and can easily step up to 3' and better. Great opportunity for a young, motivated rider to move up the levels; definite talent for at least a childrens/adult jumper. Only reason she isn't showing right now is owner's lack of time. Shown locally in the Open and Jr/Am Hunters but would be very competitive as a jumper. Don't let her size fool you, she takes up a lot of leg, is very adjustable, and is well tuned on the flat... a lot like driving a sports car! Perfect ground manners - loads, ties, clips, bathes. A favorite of both vet and farrier.

Panache is exceptionally well bred - her sire, Ilian de Taute (http://www.armstrongfarm.com/ilian.html), has competed through Grand Prix show jumping (shown by Aaron Vale) and Intermediate eventing. Shown by a 15 year old junior in the 1.35m jumpers during the 2012 WEF. His approved son, P.S. I Love You, is currently showing in the Hunter Derbies on the West Coast. Ilian is by the French Olympic jumper Narcos II (http://www.horseplanet.net/horses/horseinfo.asp?id=3794).

October 2012: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...79115763_n.jpg
    October 2012, hadn't jumped for a year: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...02198433_n.jpg
    Fall 2009: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...43100814_n.jpg
    Perfect ground manners: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...76309207_o.jpg

Please PM me for additional information. Panache is located in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. New owner would be responsible for transportation and change of ownership fee with Canadian Sporthorse Association.
    Last edited by JumpWithPanache; Jan. 31, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Panache has found a new home - Thanks!
    "Beware the hobby that eats."
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey there. I'm not real good at navigating this site so email me please! I am in va and very interested in this mare. I have a selle francais competing currently and would love to know more about yours. Ponyshow123@gmail.com

Forgot to include height: she is 15.2 but has a huge step, and as mentioned takes up your leg nicely. Most people don't realize how "small" she is until they get right up next to her.

And updated link to sire: http://www.redbayonline.com/~da0043/ilian-de-taute/
    Benjamin Franklin

I sent you a PM last night :-)

I tried to Pm you but you box is full

Sent PM last night.

I also sent you a PM last night.

I tried calling you but it went to a fax. Can you call me at teh number I sent or resend the number? Thank you!

Have a friend that is very interested in his mare.
    Is she for sale or a 'Give Away?
    Can provide immediate transportation for her. Husband & wife both have experience with Selle Francais, horses. Have imported in the past. I would need a direct contact e-mail or phone number so they may converse with you directly. Please PM me. Than you for your time.

I too have tried to PM you but box is full.
    Last edited by Just Not Native; Jan. 6, 2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: adding info that pm box of OP is full

Oh man she is right in my backyard! I am in Chesapeake? Was she shown VBHSA hunters? If only I were not pregnant! lol She is cute! I am pretty sure that is East coast's indoor??

I just sent this to a friend who keeps her horses at my farm near Fair Hill, MD, just over the PA line. She has a young teen daughter who's a handy little rider and this would give her an opportunity to really get into the hunter shows which is what she's been wanting to do. She has a university equestrian team instructor who is very well respected and they take excellent care of their horses. I would trust them with mine. The child's Mom would like to inquire about your wonderful mare. She's been looking for a horse that could do hunter shows.

Hello I am the mom Susan P. talked about. I have a 13 year old daughter that sounds like Panache would be perfect for . I am trying to PM you but your box is full. I'll keep trying or if you would like more information about us anything let me know how I can contact you. I look forwark to speaking with you.Panache sounds like the horse we have been looking for a long time.

Thank you,
    Jessica l
    Last edited by racingtaz43; Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Sorry about the full inbox. I'll be getting back to everyone today. Thanks for the interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Your mare has a fan club.

Thank you so much for all the PMs. I have several good leads and Panache will likely be going with one of those. If anything changes I will bump her back up.
    Benjamin Franklin

Look at everyone jump on her! She's a cutie, I'm sure you'll do your homework and with all the offers she'll end up in a great home! Lucky I'm on the west coast or I would be knocking on your door too! Lol