The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A Honest Critque of this horse

I bought this mare a while back, and have though about selling her. She is a Morab. I would really like to be able to use her as a lower lever eventing horse, if not I need to find her a new home. I need a truthful opinion. I'm sorry the pictures are so bad, but no indoor, and we have a ton of snow right now.

Do you think that she is capable of giving a shot to try low levels with? Do you think she is worth keeping? She is a very sweet, and kind horse, with a fantastic mind. She loves to work. Her movements need to be fine tuned, but I have a fantastic coach who can fix that.

http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/ArchAngelAlexiel/media/Mercury/IMAG0171_zpsce8ac865.jpg.html

http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/us...4551a.jpg.html

http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/ArchAngelAlexiel/media/Mercury/IMAG0170_zps1ba929b3.jpg.html

Also sorry about the fuzzy my camera was cold.

Cannot answer any of your questions from those pictures but why not? Best thing to do is give it a try!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Can she w/t/c/heft her butt over a jump? Then I don't see why not.

I don't understand the purpose of your question....ANY horse (assuming no physical or mental limitations) can get around a Novice course.

If you haven't even tried taking her over a jump, why are you already thinking about selling her?

I guess my questions was more of a critique of her conformation. But since the pics are kinda bad. Now that I see them blown up not so much

She looks a little behind at the knee to me, but it could be how she's standing.

This one looks exactly like my childhood pony who was also a morab. My guy was a junior jumper in his day and could clear 4ft easy. You would not be able to tell by looking at him. He passed at age 44 and was just a trooper of a pony. Give her a try she may surprise you!

One of the great things about lower level eventing is that it is so very much more about the correctness and quantity of preparation, schooling, and a good partnership than it is about the make and model of the horse and/or rider. Can't see why just about any horse couldn't have success, provided it is sound and has a good mind and doesn't hate XC.
    Click here before you buy.

2 members found this post helpful.