The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where to buy Centaur wool sheets?

Based on my budget and COTH reviews, I think I need to go ahead and order the Centaur wool sheet. I'm tired of shocking the poor boy with the fleece! So someone tell me where I can order the sheet and how true the sizing is? I have one that wears an 82 and one that wears a 84 in their blankets
    Last edited by trail blazer; Jan. 5, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Default anyone?

Bump

http://www.victorycanter.com/product...roductid=17909

That's the least expensive I've found. Sizing runs in ranges (horse/pony, etc.) so if your horse is borderline, probably safer to go bigger

ETA...Not sure what size your horse is, maybe this would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Centaur-fanc...item2326d720b1

Looks like a number of places have it - google "Centaur wool cooler". Not sure which place is best. My tack store ran out, but I used to have a nice plaid one. I can't remember the sizing, which tells me it doesn't stand out as being oddly short or long for the size on the label.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

They don't advertise it as such, but this wool sheet from Smartpak is a Centaur: http://www.smartpakequine.com/wool-d...x?cm_vc=Search

And on sale for $70 to boot, although limited colors.

I have two of them, in gorgeous plaids, and have been quite happy with them. (Although I don't use them regularly.) Worth the full price tag, certainly worth it if you find them on sale.

Like the other user, nothing sticks out in my mind about their sizing, which means they're pretty normal.

ahhh.....would love to have a plaid one! My boys are 82 and 84 - the sizing has 78-82 and 84-88. That 88 worries me a little. It sounds HUGE!

any advice on sizing?

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    ahhh.....would love to have a plaid one! My boys are 82 and 84 - the sizing has 78-82 and 84-88. That 88 worries me a little. It sounds HUGE!

any advice on sizing?

I ordered the large for my guy who is a 78" and I was worried it would be enormous. I even called and asked the rep. He said to go with the size chart so I did and I'm glad. There's definitely room for a larger horse (he is quite narrow), but I think a size down would have been too small. I would go with a large and an extra large- the nice thing is that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so they'll exchange it for you (I think for free) if the sizes are wrong.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Faybe- I'm thinking of sharing this cooler between the two horses. Do you think the L would be too small for my size 84? The XL going up to an 88 worries me

If you are near Middleburg, VA, you should check the used tack shop - www.middleburgtack.com. I bought a "used" Centaur wool sheet that still had the tags on it for $40. It was the black cooler with the lavender and silver trim on it.

Dover has their wool dress sheets currently on sale for $70.

Link

They look nice, have sizes up to 84.

Actually I'm seriously considering getting one.

I do not need another blanket. I do not need another blanket. I do not need another blanket......

Even with their crazy shipping, it would probably be less expensive than a centaur one? Maybe?

If you want pink plaid, you can get one from here:

http://equestrianshop.com/shop/horse...s-sheet-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Faybe- I'm thinking of sharing this cooler between the two horses. Do you think the L would be too small for my size 84? The XL going up to an 88 worries me
    I think it could work- it might be a little short in the rump, depending on how filled out the 84 is. Here's a picture of our guy in his, he's a 78 and quite slab sided: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...86802911_n.jpg

Like I said, Smartpak is awesome about returns/exchanges. I ordered one monogrammed and they said if it didn't fit, just call, they would make it right (because I was worried about the sizing as well and expressed that to the customer service rep). If you ordered one and it didn't fit both, they would take it back or exchange it easily, I'm sure.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Thanks for the great picture. I found the navy plaid at Adams Horse Supplies. Crossing fingers it fits. I know my guys will appreciate not being shocked anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by faybe View Post
    I think it could work- it might be a little short in the rump, depending on how filled out the 84 is. Here's a picture of our guy in his, he's a 78 and quite slab sided: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...86802911_n.jpg

Like I said, Smartpak is awesome about returns/exchanges. I ordered one monogrammed and they said if it didn't fit, just call, they would make it right (because I was worried about the sizing as well and expressed that to the customer service rep). If you ordered one and it didn't fit both, they would take it back or exchange it easily, I'm sure.

So, it appears that the navy plaid is sold out at Adam's too. Darn! I really don't want the standard colors with standard trim. Maybe I could buy the solid and redo the binding.....