The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Buck and the 7 DVD's...good deal?

I'm very tempted to order the 7 dvd's of Buck clinics and the DVD of the movie. as it is unlikely I wll ever be able to see him in person, or see the movie in any other way. Thoughts?

If it is something that you would enjoy, go for it! I have watched his movie a few times, and have found it pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Thanks...since I am in such a backwater and there is nothing on TV anyway...I have ordered it...hope my hubby sees the humour in watching horse clinics for hours on end!

DH loves Buck! The movie is the only horse movie that has kept his interest. The GM Horsemanship Clinics, he likes too, but just for the GM 'humor' not for the actual horses. Let me know how you like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Have them, love them!!!

If he likes George's humor, he'll enjoy Buck

I watched several of the sneak peeks, and everything I've heard from others says the 7 Clinics are quite worthwhile, and need to be watched more than once for full benefit. There are some snipits in the sneak peeks that are quite profound, and not just about horses.

I was hoping the price would go down after the holidays, but I don't think that's likely to happen, alas.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I have them and love them, rewatching them over and over. I have ridden with him once and plan on doing it again this year, but you miss a lot that way. These are fab!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Buck is good, very little snakeoil from what I can tell.

Spending time with 'your' horse is a better way to understand him/her.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

I've been thinking about getting the series, also. It would give me something horsey to do when the rains come... So those of you who have it would recommend it, it sounds like?
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Pony View Post
    I've been thinking about getting the series, also. It would give me something horsey to do when the rains come... So those of you who have it would recommend it, it sounds like?
    I have them, and love them. They are not formatted as a "how-to", they are films of his actual clinics. And unlike snake oil salesmen, you can see how everything he does on the ground later translates under saddle. You need to watch them over and over as there is so much to learn. I also found it helpful watching him interact with other people and their horses when things go wrong. If you have the chance to pick them up, GET THEM.
    One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. - Virginia Woolf

I watched his movie "Buck" and it was so nice to see a guy with real horse sense.

A horse sitting client of mine is the head of our county library system. I emailed her this morning and asked if the library could get a set of these. She said she'd see what she could do. It's nice having a horse person in high places. We already have some nice dressage DVDs and books in the library thanks to her.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

I found it at thehorsestudio.com for $128.95 plus free shipping. Seems the standard price is $145.00. Can't wait to get them!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

I have them and really like them. I have re watched them several times. I have let several of my friends watch them, and they are felt the same. In fact, two of them ordered their own sets, so they could re watch them when they wanted.

Highly recommend them!!

A lot of the Youtube clips of Buck and his clinics are hard to hear/see because of wind and the distance the camera is (presume the mike is on Buck).
    Are the DVD's like this.

Loved the movie - he is the real deal as they say.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

No, it is the same quality as the film (mostly). The film maker followed him around for a LONG time, so she took footage that didnt make the movie to show much more of him dealing w/the horses and clinics.

I think most people could find these video's VERY good. They are my favorite that I had seen, like I said, I have re watched them a couple of times, and probably will watch them many more.

Well worth the price, jmo!