The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Like others have suggested, I would make the change very gradual. Treat like a horse. ;-). My sensitive dog is on Canidae, and my other dog is on Evo ( he needs the extra high calories). The Canidae dog took a day or two to adjust, but he did. Good luck, Seriously Hunter.

I had to email my brother the Beneful link. I think he uses this. He can't afford the high dollar stuff. Any suggestions on a lower priced healthy food?
    I know I am going to get flogged for that, but I used Ole Roy lamb and rice when my Dalmatian had allergic reactions to Kibbles and bits and I was no longer able to buy the higher grade lamb and rice food. She looked pretty good to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Like others have suggested, I would make the change very gradual. Treat like a horse. ;-). My sensitive dog is on Canidae, and my other dog is on Evo ( he needs the extra high calories). The Canidae dog took a day or two to adjust, but he did. Good luck, Seriously Hunter.

I had to email my brother the Beneful link. I think he uses this. He can't afford the high dollar stuff. Any suggestions on a lower priced healthy food?
    Tractor Supply 4Health dog food. There were some recall issues this summer, but they're fixed. They get 4 stars on the dogfoodadvisor website.

Thanks for the 4Health reminder. I used that for a while for my dogs. I will suggest this to my brother.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Sigh. Nope. While people seem to believe that protein is somehow harmful to dogs, it's just not true, barring additional medical issues. Your average, healthy, adult housedog will do best at a MINIMUM of 28% protein. More is BETTER. And if the dog is doing more than lying around the house, that minimum number only goes up.

Yep, there are SOME dogs that do not tolerate higher protein, but they are the exceptions, NOT the rule.
    This is what makes sense to me, a higher protein is always what I thought was preferable and healthy!

I bought the Natural Balance tonight. Miss Mallie will be getting it at breakfast....I'm tempted to give her 1 kibble of the new stuff and increase kibble by kibble!! Although I'm sure you guys didn't meant that slow!

ETA: Fingers crossed this works and reduces the amount of gas the little beast has!