The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CL Posting - Equestrian Bootcamp!

Be sure to pass this on to all your flabby, out-of-shape, non-horsey friends.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/pet/3520243882.html
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Isn't this a working student position in some places? I always did want a personal trainer on hand to see if I was lifting the hay and manure shovel properly. Lol.

1 members found this post helpful.

I give them points for being clever! lol Still not paying them to do chores! hehe

P.

Wow.

I have no words. But very clever indeed!

Those are the best pics they have? And what is with the first pic? Are they lifting that girl onto the saddle? From the wrong side? And if so just from the pic it looks like she isn't sure what she is to do to help be mounted, so probably a newbie- with no helmet on?

I hope it's a joke, I can't imagine someone paying ME to do MY chores.

Wait...maybe they're onto something. Hmmmm....
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Anyone daft enough to pay me to shovel crap isn't anyone I'd want screwing around with my horses.

3 members found this post helpful.

If it's a joke it's pretty funny.

If it's not, it's frikken brilliant! :-)

That's what those dude ranchers figured out - make people you would ordinarily have to pay, pay you!

Does anyone remember the "cowboy owned" jeans? You got a certification that these beat up ratty jeans had been worn by an actual cowboy and they cost like $200 in 1987? I can *only* imagine what the actual cowboys thought of THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post

Does anyone remember the "cowboy owned" jeans? You got a certification that these beat up ratty jeans had been worn by an actual cowboy and they cost like $200 in 1987? I can *only* imagine what the actual cowboys thought of THAT!
    They were thinking "I'm going to sell my jeans for $200!"
    Dawn

Patience and Consistency are Your Friends

Most likely. I just have this humorous video in my head of the marketing folks approaching a bunch of grizzled cowboys in the middle of doing ranch work. You know, they pull up in their flashy car in 3 piece pinstripe suits...the cowboys glance at each other and one slowly drops off the fence and raises an eyebrow at the other fellers...

*grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    Those are the best pics they have? And what is with the first pic? Are they lifting that girl onto the saddle? From the wrong side? And if so just from the pic it looks like she isn't sure what she is to do to help be mounted, so probably a newbie- with no helmet on?

I hope it's a joke, I can't imagine someone paying ME to do MY chores.

Wait...maybe they're onto something. Hmmmm....
    I think in the first picture someone is boosting the girl up to take a look or so that she can help adjust the saddle. Looks like a girth laying over horse's butt. That's where I put mine when I'm tacking up.

As for the rest of it someone is either joking or completely insane.

Fugly blog featured something similar...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    My husband is very interested in this, wondering what he could get for "soiled shorts".....REAL ones! People will pay for anything. I would be amazed to get someone to PAY ME for lifting wheelbarrowfuls of hay/manure, etc. What a concept! AndI can only imagine what it would be like to have someone standing there while I scrub my stock tank/drain the hose to make sure I am using the "right" muscles..