The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you scubed for clarifying my point about the ambulance. MandyVA, the last recognized HT I watched was the one you mentioned. People were falling off all over the place in the starter divisions. As we all know, you can injured even doing something simple. I like having the EMT around if I part company with my horse and end up worse for wear. Or if I get mowed down by a loose horse which was more the risk at the aforementioned HT.

A number of unrecognized HTs do have EMTs around, but that is strictly voluntary. An EMT is an additional cost to the organizer, but well worth a higher entry fee IMO.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

GL,
    The majority of unrecognized events in southern Area IV are run over similar courses and by the same organizers with an EMT in attendance (MACTA runs about one a month at Heritage Park in Olathe, KS). Briar Fox is now Palmer Ranch and the majority of the fences are still there but unfortunately not the complete (official) courses previously used. There are, however, more than enough for a great XC ride and only costs $25/day including overnight stabling!
    We can discuss this at the OKE Annual Meeting on Sunday.
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us