The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm just south of Madison, WI.

I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I usually have some free time during the day. Since I have Fibro, I have days when I'm more or less useful, but I'm glad to help when I'm able. Or we can take turns helping each other

Love to cook, and garden, so there's generally plenty of food to be had around here, and I'm happy to share.

And I really need to pare down on some of my stuff - I have way too many clothes and I keep gaining and losing weight, so it's in a wide variety of sizes :P

As for riding/handling, I've worked at stables in the past and I have good care and handling references. I've dabbled in a lot of disciplines, and I'm good with the greenies (very calm and patient), but I'm a big weenie over fences and have no upper level experience.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

1 members found this post helpful.

In central NJ - can help if help is needed. Ask - and if I can, I will.

I'm in Southern Illinois - I'm a student, so my financial resources are limited, but I'm always willing to pitch in and could be especially useful in helping to take clean up "giveaway" horses and take some nice video and photos if that would be helpful in finding them a new home.

2 members found this post helpful.

Louisville, KY.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

I am in Tampa Fl., and I can help out in the barn, lend an ear, a few sacks of food for 2 or 4 legged though I would rather make food and give casseroles or have you over for meals.

I can travel up to Ocala, down to Sarasota, and as East as Orlando. (I am a full time student) if you are slightly further, still pop me an email if I have the time, I will get on the road.

I have 30 yrs exp. in the barn everything from foaling and breeding to FEI horses. Minis-drafts, I am more of a driver so ground work is my thing before I get on.

Northeastern MD (Fair Hill/ Unionville area)
    Can lend a hand with pretty much anything- Also have farrier experience- so can do trims.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

We only send money cause warmbloods don't work. Paypal works for us.

And we are in the southland, y'all.

We were elves, but we got laid off for seasonal work, so now we just send money. No packing of gifts, no going to the post office. Easier all around for us.

(We have no idea why it says "working hunter" under our names, because it's totally wrong!)

2 members found this post helpful.

Love this idea.

I'm in Tallahassee, FL. Hard to travel, because myself, my DH, and our two full time jobs only share one vehicle. But if you're in my area, or need something that can be done long-distance, please get in touch!

We're newlyweds, fresh out of the horse world for a while ( ) so we're pretty broke, and don't have anywhere to offer an empty stall, but we want to pay it forward and help where we can. I have been around horses since I was 5, so plenty of experience from riding to grooming to breeding to showing to sick horse duty. We can help out with occasional labor, animal care, housework, cooking, or just being friends I'm also a hairstylist, so if someone needs a little freshening up for a job interview or something like that, I'd be more than happy to help out. If we're not able to help, we can find someone in the area who can.
    Tin Roof Living- Custom Wreaths & Home Décor
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TinRoofLiving?ref=ss_profile
    PM me to receive a COTH discount!

This is a terrific idea Mods, thank you

I'm in Clinton County, PA. I can't list how I can specifically help, as that changes with the season. For example, in hay season, I'd be unavailable for any reason.

So, if I'm nearby to you, PM me, and I'll do my best to help.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

Centre County, PA here. Have an empty stall, willing to help with all sorts of things - don't be afraid to ask! Loads of food staples for humans as well - long story, but do have dry goods to spare! Comfortable handling all sorts of equines, do ride, decent at the tricky horses. Loads of connections to help if there's something I cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
    Just outside Boise, Idaho. Physical labor, bring you a casserole, groom or longe your horse -- probably not ride; I don't think I'm qualified to actually help there -- bring groceries or a sack of feed, cup of coffee, walk dogs, pet cats, etc!

ALSO! I can help with resume writing! I can also tutor in academics, Spanish language, and test prep. Proofreading, general essay-improving, etc.
    I sent you a PM.
    Sheilah

Lycoming County, PA (Central/Northern PA):
    I have a small not-fancy extra bedroom for someone who could benefit from it. Bring a horse (it needs to be boarded, but that can be arranged) and a 4 legged critter (must play well with all others, the only rule!). I travel often and could even help get you up here.

3 colleges not too far away and opportunities to gain experience at an amazing vet clinic are a few of the perks. You'd have to put up with the wild hours I work as well as living in a small rural town, but it's a quiet, peaceful, and scenic place. Nothing fancy- I eat lots of mac and cheese- but it's a positive place without judgement for someone who is getting away from a crappy situation. This area is a great place to start to heal...
    Someone offered me this situation once, and I wouldn't be where I am now without accepting that help. Thankfully I have the opportunity to pay it forward.

I rarely check my pm's so email your story and how I can help: margaret(dot)desarno(at)gmail.com

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm in Melbourne, FL. Can help out if you are down south (Wellington) or Orlando area.. even Jax. I'm a college student, design websites and do social media in my spare time, so I don't have too much $ around, but I can lend a hand here and there.. email me at hellercaitlin at gmail.com if your in need of something

Western Washington... can help with resume writing, or editing of any sort. In a pinch I'm sure I could hide a horse here at the Funny Farm for emergency boarding (very short term). God knows we never have the same number here two consecutive months as it is!

I have a big network of real and virtual friends in the area so if I can't help, I can probably locate someone who could.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Default just west of Kansas City

representing the midwest!

we have a farm about 20 miles west of downtown KC.
    m

SWVA Tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Another representing the midwest!! If ya need something in this area say something if I can't help I have lots of connects IOWA
    ride like you have never ate the dirt

Upstate NY here! If you need something, ask. I've got a spare bedroom if needed, can foster/ship/quarentine critters if needed, and have been told I listen well. I run my own farm, with my better half, so even though that takes up lots of time, I can still be flexible and make any time that's needed. Great idea, mods!
    Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
    www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

Southern Maryland (Montgomery/Frederick County). Near the VA border so convenient to Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia.

I am a young horse professional so my finances are limited but I can help out with horse care (mucking, health care, general barn work), exercising, or general farm maintenance. Comfortable handing all sorts of horses including stallions, youngsters and the very difficult. I can exercise horses and can clip and trim hooves as well. Horse time for the equine deprived is also available! I am also happy to help with non-HR things: housework, babysitting, taking care of pets, rides to errands/appointments, resume writing and proofing, etc. If you just need a hot meal, a cup of coffee and/or some company, I can do that too =) Happy to help in whatever way I can!

I'm happy to help anyone any way I can. I'm no good for physical labor right now due to health issues, but if you are stranded in the NoVa area and need a room for the night (but I have critters, so be aware) I could put someone up potentially. I can help with online things like building a website if it is basic. I did the one for DD's trainer - it isn't glorious but it is nice. I can make phone calls, help you find boarding etc. We are pretty broke right now since I can't work but I can take a meal or two to someone or food for critters in an emergency. DD can ride anything sane, so if you need a crash test dummy for making a sales video or whatever. I want to be useful to someone again so reach out if you think I could help you.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden