The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Boy she looks like she could be in big danger of being shipped to slaughter. Hope she found a soft place to land. You can contact her previous owner or trainer and see if they know what happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Boy she looks like she could be in big danger of being shipped to slaughter. Hope she found a soft place to land. You can contact her previous owner or trainer and see if they know what happened to her.
    I agree, I really love Diva's personality and conformation. I hope that she got the same personality if not better, but I fear the worst when she could have ended up in slaughter. I would take her in a heartbeat. I have to admit, having 2 full sisters on the farm would be really cool.

I cannot figure out a way to get the contact information. I show her owner was June Weinstein.
    Last edited by snydere02; Jan. 4, 2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Correting Conformation- Sorry!

Google and make some phone calls. Assuming she isn't catholic I think you mean conformation.

Google didn't do me any good. I have never been in the racing industry, so I do not know many people except for close friends. Those close friends have 1 foal that they are planning to put in race training in about a year... I usually don't go to auctions because I have "the I feel sorry for you" problem and end up buying everything with what is in my bank account. My Husband won't let me go after that trip... Opps!

Sorry, didn't catch the confirmation vs conformation! That's what I get for trying to hurry while at work!

Foal of 97. Grade 3 winner on the turf by Halo. Went to stud in Kentucky in 2004 for a fee of $5,000 live foal. Now stands in Ohio for $1,000. Oldest foals of racing age are 6. Bred 3 mares in 2012 which pretty much says it all.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...770&registry=T

Above is the equibase data for Podium Princess, listing her connections. Looks like she raced once, 3 years ago.
    If you go to Equibase.com, you'll see a link on top for "virtual stable." Click it and open a stable and you can track horses. When they work or enter a race you will get an email notice.

David Copperfield could not look more like his sireline but from what I read here, he has a far sweeter temperament that some from that line, including Dynaformer, who was quite tough. He was a good racehorse and is well bred but has been a flop as a racing sire. (The fact that he's in Ohio tells the tale.) That said it sounds like he's a nice horse, maybe a few of his other offspring will find their way to show and sport careers and his fortunes will rise with success in those fields. Good luck with your filly.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

My dad bred David Copperfield! His dam, Bannockburn was a fabulous mare, both on the track and as a broodmare. We still have one of her daughters, Bella Chiarra, and a number of that mare's offspring.

Can't argue with the general sentiment about his career as a stallion, but still cool to see his name!

Quote Originally Posted by peachy View Post
    My dad bred David Copperfield! His dam, Bannockburn was a fabulous mare, both on the track and as a broodmare. We still have one of her daughters, Bella Chiarra, and a number of that mare's offspring.

Can't argue with the general sentiment about his career as a stallion, but still cool to see his name!
    Wow that's really awesome that someone on here bred David Cooperfield. My husband absolutly loves him! He was quite the character when we saw him.
    I can imagine how cool it would be to see a name that you saw grow up.

I have to ask questions now! Did your father race David Cooperfield or was he sold before then? How was he as a colt?

My dad bred David Copperfield! His dam, Bannockburn was a fabulous mare, both on the track and as a broodmare.
    Did the mare have a nice disposition? As others have said on this thread, Halo (and his offspring) aren't known for being pleasant. So I guess David Copperfield got his disposition from his mother.

My dad did not race David Copperfield. He sold him as a 2-year old. The person that re-sold him the following year had one heck of a successful pinhook! I asked my dad about David Copperfield's "early years" but he is an owner who does not do anything hands-on, and thus doesn't remember much about his personality. He is certainly on the list of "ones that got away", though

My dad kept David Copperfield's dam, Bannockburn until she died. She did have a nice disposition as far as I know. I had David Copperfield's half brother, Young at Heart, for a while after he came off the track. He had a really cool personality and a lot of it, but I would not use the words easy or quiet to describe him. He was kind and personable, but also spunky and could be a bit of a handful, though he always meant well!

As great as Bannockburn was, none of her offspring have turned out to be the kind of producer that she was. We still hold out hope for Bella Chiarra. She's had a couple runners and has a nice Smart Strike filly this year.

Good luck with your filly snydere02!

My dad did not race David Copperfield. He sold him as a 2-year old. The person that re-sold him the following year had one heck of a successful pinhook! I asked my dad about David Copperfield's "early years" but he is an owner who does not do anything hands-on, and thus doesn't remember much about his personality. He is certainly on the list of "ones that got away", though

My dad kept David Copperfield's dam, Bannockburn until she died. She did have a nice disposition as far as I know. I had David Copperfield's half brother, Young at Heart, for a while after he came off the track. He had a really cool personality and a lot of it, but I would not use the words easy or quiet to describe him. He was kind and personable, but also spunky and could be a bit of a handful, though he always meant well!

As great as Bannockburn was, none of her offspring have turned out to be the kind of producer that she was. We still hold out hope for Bella Chiarra. She's had a couple runners and has a nice Smart Strike filly this year.

Good luck with your filly snydere02!

That's great to know. Diva seems to be showing the same personality as Davis Cooperfield's half borther. Awesome to find someone who knows about her sire.

Thank you, Peachy!

Hi All,
    Kinda funny I went through all the hoopla to register on here....just to post a quickie re the fabulously handsome and one of the nicest gentleman horses you may ever meet....David Copperfield. (Totally Atype and sweet, smart, and ....little, all the right parts put together EXTREMELY WELL!!!! in a powerhouse package!! If I could bottle THAT and put it into German WB ponies!!!) --- thats pretty much his true life description. LOVE HIM... and graciously he showed me that gentleness prevails!!!

In a flight of nostalgia I googled him, I miss him....so up popped this most recent albeit still cheese curd fodder on the CoH forum!
    So ...here goes... with all the Neysayers re him....no he hasn't done much at stud and never had a chance anyway here in US...truthfully ....his breeding and style would suit UK better if it weren't for all that brilliant Saddlers Wells blood over there.
    So thank you to those that inquire about my old friend and best of luck to those of you who have his prodigeny. :-) His disposition was EXTRAORDINARILY Intelligent and Sweet..... his stablemate Hook n Ladder..quite different breeding...has made a namesake of sires for himself..so proud of him...and he did NOT have as great of winnings as DC. DC had heart beyond stature, and old school bred with ties that go back to Whittingham and Mandato days.
    (For those of you I see on here who are racehorse peeps...and most of you all KNOW more than I.)
    BTW for the doubters.....YES HE DID WIN OVER 500K!!!!!!!! and against some very HEAVY BIGGER longer striding horses at the time. he had a HUGE stride for a little package.
    if the gal who has a filly wants a photo of him galloping, i will try to scan one with justice... he was/is an Amazing Person. So I hope your filly has his class...and DC was SUPER SOUND!!!
    DC went to rick Tronz's HopeWell farm and stood there first with NO Marketing!! You cant stand a freshman stallion in KY w No marketing w grass peds...get real people.
    ok gotta go sorry for loong passionate post...sorry if I stepped outta line or offended anyone xo DC is a super man/horse in his own being...let him BE that brilliance.....that is my standing up for the Big Little Guy...he Rocks and Whoever started this whole posting of him being a SH Stud YEAH!!! he can sire all the midgets and big horses he wants, they will be tractable and fluent movers and intelligent w speakers with their riders!!
    Cheers and Blessings~ CGM

Hey Peachy,
    I think your dad is my old friend or NOT.
    I remember Bannockburn....w's mare...or in training ....Greinton mispelled perhaps.. love that horse have pics of him with his knee too from CW's back yard....what a fab linage!! we should talk if we can,... just for fun. Cheers & Blessings, CG~