The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FINALLY'''The Horse With the Flying Tail"!!!!!

After YEARS of waiting and searching, Disney has released a DVD of "The Horse With the Flying Tail". For those of you who have not reached the ripe old age of at least 50 (or a tad bit older) this is a documentary put out by Disney around 1960 and it told the story of the palomino horse named Nautical who Hugh Wiley rode with the USET in the 1950s. I can hardly wait until it comes. Now I will keep my fingers crossed for the release of the "The Horsemasters".

6 members found this post helpful.

OMG thank you for the heads-up!!

ETA: Better yet - duuuuudes, it's freakin' on NETFLIX!!!!!!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

1 members found this post helpful.

why Don t I see it on Netflix?Do you mean it' s available on DVD?

I tried to order it and it can't be shipped to Canada. Drat.

As of 3 days ago, NETFLIX still did not have it.... that is great that they have it now but I think I want to own it. I found it on EBAY but then saw that Disney is selling directly for $25.00 (I think)...I think the site is DisneyMovies.

I just got it on Amazon for $49.95.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
    As of 3 days ago, NETFLIX still did not have it.... that is great that they have it now but I think I want to own it. I found it on EBAY but then saw that Disney is selling directly for $25.00 (I think)...I think the site is DisneyMovies.
    I don't see it on Disney's official list of available DVDs. The movie's actually in my "awaiting release" section on Netflix, and hasn't changed status since I put in there Do you have a link to where you're finding it?

I didn't realize it had gotten so hard to find? I bought a copy off Amazon last fall for ~$25.

Wow....I have been looking every 6 months or so for years...maybe I skipped my search last spring. I think I googled "The Horse with the flying Tale" for sale but I will check and correct that if I am wrong. There were a few on EBAY 2 days ago....yep...just google what I said and look to the right as well as the left....Virginia video has it for even less
    Last edited by trafalgar; Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: sp

I've had it on my Netflix list for three years. Hopefully I can get it. I loved it when I saw it decades ago. D--- you Disney for sitting on these classics. Ditto The Horsemasters.

http://www.disneystore.com/family-mo...lying+Tail+DVD

It shows up at Disney Store for $24.95

I bought one off of Amazon, and I can't wait to get it. I hope someday that Horsemasters will come out on DVD.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Wow!! That is great news. I can't wait to order mine. I loved that movie. I did not have my own horse when I was young, so watching any movies that had horses in them was a treat. I also enjoyed Fury and Flicka on Saturday mornings.

Horsemasters was great too.

I did not have a horse either but dreamed about them pretty much every waking hour! Fury and Flicka were sacred to me on Saturday mornings. I also loved Roy Rogers. My friends and I played "Horsemasters" for hours...each of us taking on a character. I am hoping my Nautical movie comes by the weekend.......it has been on our Netflix list for several years as well!

I have the Horsemasters on video and wondering if I can put it on DVD so I can preserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    I bought one off of Amazon, and I can't wait to get it. I hope someday that Horsemasters will come out on DVD.
    YES!! My taped-off-the-Disney-Channel-when-I-was-10 VHS tape finally died a few years ago
    Last edited by RolyPolyPony; Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo!

You can tape a VHS tape onto a DVD using either a DVD/VHS recorder dual format machine, or some place like Walmart or photo stores do it also. However, copyrighted material will not be recorded for you (it's illegal), and some VHS have copy protection software so you can't retape. I did a lot of family movie type home stuff from VHS to DVD for friends when I had the DVD/VHS recorder deck.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I can't believe the many "Horsemasters" references here. This thread must skew a little older than others!
    I did not have the chance to ride a lot when that came out and I LOVED it.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    I just got it on Amazon for $49.95.
    OMG you're kidding, right? I paid $19.95 off of an Amazon seller 4 or 5 months ago, along with The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit ($14.95).
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan46 View Post
    I can't believe the many "Horsemasters" references here. This thread must skew a little older than others!
    I did not have the chance to ride a lot when that came out and I LOVED it.
    I loved the book (still have my copy) and remember the movie, it starred Annette Funicello, would love to have it in DVD.

And there are shops (our local camera shop does it) that will transfer from VHS to DVD, it cost me about $25 IIRC.