The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Island of Heart Surrounded by the Sea of Intuition

Default Help me find my Mares Pedigree! VA Connemara cross

I just recently bought a Connemara X in November of this year and I can't find out anything about her. If anyone can help me I know its COTH! So I'm giving it a shot

Coggins state date of birth March 2005, and that she is a Connemara Cross. I am assuming Conn x TB. Person I bought her from is a BNT/BNR and the story goes something like this " I got her on a trade from a good friend who was down on life & luck. I traded my nice pony for this mare." I do have her baby picture when she was a few weeks old and I am assuming the horse right beside her grazing is the mother (a Bay horse) The Baby is a sold Black color.

She is a Dapple gray Mare (2005) and 15.2 hand. My horses name is Sadie and that is what they called her when I tried her and how her name is listed on her coggins. Was told they thought she may have shown her a few times (1-2) under " Four Quartets"... I'm thinking in the VA area. She seems to have very good training under her belt (and was only at this place since April) so I think she came from a very reputable breeder/trainer. She is a hunter horse doing 2'6" courses.

When I picked her up I told the Lady I bought her from that she could pass along my contact info to the previous owner and that I would love to know more about her! But she stated that the lady kinda went into Recluse for some reason sooooo...

So any VA breeders got any clues? I have Google searched everyway I know and can't come up with anything
    Last edited by Crazy4aOTTB; Jan. 2, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
    The Love for a Horse is just as Complicated as the Love for another Human being, If you have never Loved a Horse you will Never Understand!!!

Island of Heart Surrounded by the Sea of Intuition

Default 163 Views and all I needed was 1 response....And I got it last night :)

I got an email last night from the lady that rode my girl from the time she was broke until she was traded. I'm so excited to know a little more about her. Was told her father was the Connemara stallion Bobby Brown.

I knew it was a long shot but COTH pulled through for me YAY!!!
    The Love for a Horse is just as Complicated as the Love for another Human being, If you have never Loved a Horse you will Never Understand!!!

I loved Bobby Brown...he was a super nice stallion
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.