The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Animal starvation in Woodstock, IL

*posted for a friend*
    Recently, a friend of mine sold several broodmares to a woman named Jen Frogge from Woodstock, IL. Jen then starved them (several died from starvation and only a couple were recovered by my friend and they had very low body scores are are pregnant).

Please be advised that this woman is scooping up horses again. Her associate/boyfriend Jeff Flagg picks up horses for her.

Keep your eyes open COTH!!

(I have alerted my friend of this thread, hopefully she will chime in)

1 members found this post helpful.

Glad you guys are naming her publicly. This kind of stuff needs to get around.

4 members found this post helpful.

Was this woman reported to the authorities? If she actually had dead horses, she could be prosecuted. Am hoping someone is keeping an eye on this situation! I'm not in this area.

Where are you getting this information? This is quite the accusation and I know this person. I've done a Internet search and have found no proof of this. If she is in fact guilty of starving horses to death charges should be files and it would also be searchable on the Internet. If this in untrue, you and your friend could be facing slander and defamation of character charges.

So if she has done this then your friend needs to alert the authorities, or you should consider removing a post that could get you in legal trouble.

Just my 2 cents.
    Lionheart - Tipperary Farm - Grayslake, IL USA
    Cleveland Bay Performance Horses
    www.tipperaryfarm.us
    www.tipperarystud.com

Default Jen Frogge Horse abuser!

Gillian Stupples Schoof
    10 hours ago

this is Kaschmir a trakehner stallion that was sent to me by Jen. She only got him on Nov 16 and this picture was taken on Dec 15 when he arrived at my farm delivered by her boyfriend. This was the final indication that there was something wrong and made me go into action to find the rest of the horses I gave her. I did not give her this horse but I know where he came from and how good he looked when Jen got him. (will post pictures)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...51875332_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Where are you getting this information? This is quite the accusation and I know this person. I've done a Internet search and have found no proof of this. If she is in fact guilty of starving horses to death charges should be files and it would also be searchable on the Internet. If this in untrue, you and your friend could be facing slander and defamation of character charges.

So if she has done this then your friend needs to alert the authorities, or you should consider removing a post that could get you in legal trouble.

Just my 2 cents.

Uhh, the first horse is a mare? And then the stallion, well, it's not the whole stallion in the picture?

click on Prev. and Next to see more pictures...several with serious ribs showing.

Ahh sorry - viewing on my phone and it doesn't have next and previous buttons!

This is the contact info for the Hooved Animal Humane Society. This groups is well established and right in Woodstock, IL.

http://www.hahs.org/
    Phone
    815-337-5563

Fax
    815-337-5569

Email
    info@hahs.org

Correspondence and Tack Donations
    Hooved Animal Humane Society
    10804 McConnell Road
    Woodstock, IL 60098

Gillian posts here under the name Calindo. PM her for more info, hopefully this will never happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

Just my 2 cents.
    This did actually happen and there are four dead horses as a result plus the five very skinny horses I got back. the authorities have been contacted (including animal control, HAHHS, HARPS, the states attorney, and the police) and there are on going investigations. I do not make these accusations lightly it is a VERY serious situation and more and more information is coming out everyday about Jen Frogge. From what I understand this is not the first time this has happened to horses in her care but I am the first person to blow the whistle on her!!! It's not about her, it's about the horses who can not speak and suffer in silence.....something has to be done!!!!!

Does she look for a specific sort of horse or breed? That would be helpful to notify breeders that people may know of in the general area/locale of this person.

she is a hunter / jumper person so she looks for anything that is that type and could make her a buck from ponies to old horses rideable or broodmares or stallions.....the field is wide open unfortunately