The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have (finally) replied to a bunch of PM's. I am so grateful for the support! It did not occur to me, at all, when I posted on that dark and dismal Christmas morning that anything other than me sharing my raw feelings would happen. It is a very, very strange place, this internet...

Please PM me if you have a permanent home to offer a really, really cute horse. Some of them actually work, also.

Being able to find homes for them will be a huge load off of my shoulders. I need for them to find safe, and loving, landings.

Thanks again!!

11 members found this post helpful.

It's wonderful to hear you sounding positive and wonderful to hear that our COTH community can help you.

It's a good lesson to see you give a cry for help and be answered. There is good in the world. I wish you lots more of it and hope you find a safe and loving landing place yourself.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thinking of you today...please be sure to follow thru with Dr. appt. and tell the Dr. that you ARE depressed. I have the feeling that you put up a good front and could fool anyone that things are OK when they are not.

You have enough real reasons to feel overwhelmed right now, but the hopeless feeling you get when you have real seemingly unsurmountable problems chemically affects your bady and that's when drugs help to lift the cloud.

You ARE a strong person...you get up, feed the horses and go to work...THAT is a major accomplishment when you are in a such a funk!

When I looked up your profile, I see a beautiful, smart, compassionate, articulate woman. Find her again...she is there, you just lost the ability to see her right now.

I have a dear friend WHO WAS 'YOU'...including ALL the issues you are facing... that was 15 yrs ago... she THOUGHT she was alone when all the issues hit the fan. ALL the issues had solutions and 'angels' appeared, some out of seemingly nowhere, to help. It wasn't easy...but it was 15 yrs ago and she is living proof that life can go on with meaning.

Take as good care of yourself as you do those horses !!!! and you WILL get thru this. Let your new and old friends help.

5 members found this post helpful.

Hi Iz, glad to see you here and that things seem a little more positive.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

So glad to hear the updates. If you have a link to a page/file/whatever about each horses needing a home, I'm sure we can pass it along to some good people.

1 members found this post helpful.

You guys, Iz, is still really in need of finding her horses homes. We have seen many times over the course of the years, from owners who are in over their heads and ignore the situation at hand, and then turn bad. We have a well liked and respected member who wants to do right for her (gorgeous)horses before sh*t hits the fan.

Can we send the word out? I'm not sure on the asking prices, but from what i've gathered, a good home is the first thing on the list.

I've seen CoTH move mountains, let's not let this slip through the cracks.

A few of us who are pm-ing with her are trying to help her do just that!

That's awesome OGP thank you. Let's keep those pm's going! I can't imagine what she is going thru right now to have to get rid of her beloved horses

She has some amazing horses up for sale that anyone of us would be proud to have in our barn.

Was there somebody who had a PP addy going for Iz? If so, what was it??
    Last edited by Miss J; Jan. 4, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling

I PMed her, so hopefully I will hear back and be able to help - I am in SE PA

Thanks kentuckyTB's even of it doesn't work out for you, spread the word! She needs assistance, and the more people know, the better chance she has in finding homes.

The horses that OP has had on the giveaway forum look great. Anyone would be lucky to get one of them.

Thank you to all of you for your kindness, once again. I have had inquiries- mostly looking for beginner lesson horses, and these horses are not suited to that kind of work. Ideally, I would love for each of them to have their own person.

Here is the current list- I do have one young horse here who belongs to someone else, and needs to be sold, or returned to the owner. They sent him here to be trained and sold, and I have worked with him, and he is wonderful. Please PM me for information. I do not want to make this an ad for a sale horse.

The horses in need of homes I am hoping to place in the next two weeks, as in have them off of the farm, and into great loving homes. I have pictures that I can email. No video.

1. 1997 16.1 Hand chestnut gelding Big boned and warmbloody build. Broke to walk, trot and canter. Loves to work, incredible work ethic and great sense of humor. Kind, quiet and not spooky, he would love to be a trail horse, or lower level dressage horse. Received a score of 70.3% from Hilda Gurney, in hand, and beat and approved warmblood stallion in the process. Loads, clips, ships. Barefoot with fabulous feet. Alpha in the pasture- not mean, just tells them how it will be.

2. 1996 15.1 hand chestnut mare. Big built, very correct, with a gorgeous head and eye on her. This mare is kind, honest, and forward, without being rushy or quick. Big motor- but a super mind. Doesn’t spook, or buck, ever. Needs an intermediate or better rider, with finesse, as she doesn’t need to be grabbed in the mouth, or have someone unbalanced ride her. Talented enough to show, with three lovely gaits. She does have sweet itch, and comes with a brand new fly sheet for the next season. This mare is anxious in cross ties for the first several days she is back in work. Work her three days in a row, and she is a champ. Always kind under saddle- whether she has been in work, or not. Healthy with fabulous feet. Would also be great on trails, and the road never gets to long for her- she'd kill herself rather than quit on you. Therefore, she needs an experienced home.

3. 1995 16.3 hand seal brown gelding. Wonderful to work with on the ground, will give big licky kisses, and is stunningly beautiful. Won his in hand class at DAD three years in a row. Beautiful feet, and the easiest keeper ever. He is broke to ride, but is a whole lot of horse, with an enormous spook. An OK walk, stunning trot, and world class canter. Would be best suited as a pasture mate, unless you are very, very talented. Easiest horse on the ground, ever.

4. 1997 16.0 chestnut gelding. The world’s sweetest horse- bar none. Absolutely adorable, and an air fern, with amazing feet. Great horsie baby sitter- not mean, but does not tolerate anyone being nasty around him. Built like a truck, and as kind as he can be. Pasture ornament, only.

Iz, I am wishing you all the best. The horses sound lovely (I'd take #1 in an instant if I could keep two horses) and I have no doubt they have been well cared for and are accurately represented. I am sure they will find good, loving homes.

Wishing you all the best and keeping you in my thoughts.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

bumping up as some of these horses still need homes! could we keep spreading the word, please??? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uphill View Post
    T...tell the Dr. that you ARE depressed. I have the feeling that you put up a good front and could fool anyone that things are OK when they are not.
    This. Precisely. Exactly why I'm worried.

2 members found this post helpful.