The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

She may not be able to reply right now if she's getting some help :-) let's hope that's the case.

5 members found this post helpful.

My dear, I hope you can read this post. You are my friend but you are too far away for me to help you. I HAVE been where you are there is light. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, is true. I have admired you for several years now, you ARE my kind of people, and that ain't many. Please know I love you. I can and would take one of your babies. That's what friends do and I would do it for you.

Mary

8 members found this post helpful.

If everyone kinda already knows who she is, can someone just link the specific Giveaways ad, instead of a guessing game?

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    If everyone kinda already knows who she is, can someone just link the specific Giveaways ad, instead of a guessing game?
    This would be an excellent time to use the PM feature.

Clearly "everyone" doesn't know, or people wouldn't be asking that question.

I don't know who it is, but it would be nice to respect her privacy. She does not need the tiniest bit of additional stress right now.

Best wishes to her, and huge thanks to those who are trying to help.

6 members found this post helpful.

DH and I just started discussing adding a horse. We are in Maine. No idea where these horses are bit if someone who knows more wants to PM me, there's a chance there might be space for one here.

I believe the horses are in PA.

And I think I've figured out who it is, based on the givaway info. The horses do seem very nice and I send lots of jingles and hugs to Iz.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Izanalter, I have been thinking about you. I even woke up in the middle night thinking about you.
    In the OT thread you said " In the past, I have been described by friends and business associates as 'the strongest woman they know'."
    When you are fighting for the horses and rescuing them from the circumstances life has dealt them, you can either be a person's fiercest enemy or their strongest ally.

Which one are you going to be for yourself?

If you choose to be your own ally, you can get through this. There are many of your friends here to pledge their support and help you in whatever way you will accept.

4 members found this post helpful.

I can help with placing a dog or cat. I hope she gets back to us. Worried.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and concern. Yes, I am needing to place some horses. I've actually been working at it for some time, but with the economy being what it is, and me being picky about making sure that the placements are appropriate and permanent, it has been a slow process. The horses are in SE PA. I have everything from yard art to competitive horses. They are all fat, shiny, and hairy.

Also, the PM page is formatting oddly, and the stupid Smartpack ad is over top of it, preventing me from reply to any PMs- anyone know how to fix that?

For the record, no one came and picked me up, I was at work when I got a very nice courteous call, and the fact that I was AT work seemed to satisty the caller.

I do not have any cats, and the dogs are safe. Thank you for your concern about them!

Iz, the COTH forums are no longer compatible with IE8 (I think that's the number), which is of course, the only one that works with Windows XP, blah, blah.

Download Google Chrome (it's free) and then use that as your browser. Yeah, I know, one MORE thing on your plate. But, I had to do it in order to reply to all the PMs yesterday, as yes, I was giving out which horses that I found on the giveaway of yours to people who asked. So, that's how I know, cuz I had the same problem.

Love,

OP, glad you've chimed in.

And, speaking of Google Chrome, one of their options/add-ons is AdBlock, or AdBlockPlus, both also free. When you download them, they get rid of the annoying streaming ads.

I'd pass along info to friends with stables up here about your horses, but it's not exactly close.

So many people here putting out arms to help. Hope you realize what good friends you have here, and that it isn't too burdensome that everyone worry about you.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

iz- I'm about an hour away, if you need anything you can pm me. If you get in a dire situation with your horses, please let me know.

1 members found this post helpful.

Iza- I am local to you-within a half an hour.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Even it it is just doing some barn chores or a cup of coffee.
    I have a truck and trailer and am comfortable hauling fairly long distance- OH, WV, NY, NJ, VA, MD, DE etc... If you can find homes for your horses I can help you get them there.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    Thank you for your kind thoughts and concern. Yes, I am needing to place some horses. I've actually been working at it for some time, but with the economy being what it is, and me being picky about making sure that the placements are appropriate and permanent, it has been a slow process. The horses are in SE PA. I have everything from yard art to competitive horses. They are all fat, shiny, and hairy.

Also, the PM page is formatting oddly, and the stupid Smartpack ad is over top of it, preventing me from reply to any PMs- anyone know how to fix that?

For the record, no one came and picked me up, I was at work when I got a very nice courteous call, and the fact that I was AT work seemed to satisty the caller.

I do not have any cats, and the dogs are safe. Thank you for your concern about them!
    IZ- Glad to hear from you. I hope you can hear the love and concern we have for you.
    To solve the issue of the ad blocking pms- click on "Tools" at the top of your menu bar. Then click on "Compatability view", and unclick.

Sonny'sMom, lemme know if you need a co-pilot

IZ, glad you were able to check in. I am currently looking for a good pony or horse. We currently live in Florida. We are finally putting roots down and I am finally able to look.

I am glad you don't have to place any pets. they are such a comfort. I'll be thinking of you and sending up a prayer.

Those experience overlap with ads can also click the "compatibility view" icon, which looks like a piece of paper torn in half up by the URL field where our web address appears at the top of the page.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

3 members found this post helpful.

If someone could PM me with info about the giveaway horses and horses for sale I may be able to help find some homes.

Iz!!! so glad you have checked in!!!

lots of folks are networking to help you rehome your horses, and to help in ANY way they can!!!

there's lots of caring, loving folks here, read all the threads, and please, let us help you up!