The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 349
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Dec. 25, 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AreYouSoSure View Post
    There are plenty of posters here who think something smells fishy. Understandably, they are hesitant to post for fear of backlash. There are even a few who KNOW that the story, as posted, is not being represented truthfully. Not even close. But as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.
    You know, there seem to be people out there who have an idea that they know what is going on, when they actually don't have the facts. They have rumors, and grudges. First hand information? Not so much.

    I am simply looking for help rehoming horses, and transporting horses to homes. That is pretty simple. You may not like me, and thats fine. But the horses need homes, regardless of those feelings. For someone who has two posts, both on this thread, I guess I know exactly why you are here.

    And thank you to those of you who have offered help. It is appreciated.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    May. 21, 2004
    Location
    N. TX...just N.East of paradise...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Iz, I'm sorry that people you don't even know are giving you grief that you don't need any more of. Folks, why can't you just leave her alone unless you have some way of helping? Conjecture and lies are just babyish crap. Just leave it already!

    If you've never been in the position of having your world kinda crumble around you, you don't know how heavy a weight it is on your heart and soul. This kinda stuff that you are pulling is just....WRONG.

    Iz, just ignore the riff raff. There's always gotta be one or two. Focus on you and your horses. No one is liked by everyone, and no one likes everyone

    What happened to the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep yer trap shut?" That goes out to you all trying to complicate Iz's already complicated situation. QUIT it!

    {{{Iz}}}
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Has anyone here bothered to look up "Iz" and her record online? Illuminating. Decades of screwing people over - bad checks, forging checks, false identification to a police officer, and over 20 judgments and liens. There are also large settlements against her missing from this easily obtained report. Chester County, PA, if anyone cares to check.

    Before anyone's panties get twisted - this is all PUBLIC record.


    17 members found this post helpful.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Apr. 10, 2006
    Posts
    7,361

    Default

    I'm so confused by all of this suspicion and innuendo.

    Iz posted under and alter on an OT day, it seemed a vent to me. People were concerned, things snowballed, a few people figured out who she was and which horses were hers. From there folks have stepped up to help her place them and/or get her whatever assistance she may need.

    I don't understand how that has turned into Iz fabricating a massive story to garner attention and "help," or to place horses. She's obviously not in a hurry to place horses as she's clearly being careful about where they go, and their intended use, so why would she make up a desperate story to try and unload them faster?

    I dunno maybe I am just naive, or maybe my confusion is due to the cold medicine. Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes but nothing about this thread makes me think Iz is trying to take advantage of *anyone*.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.


    7 members found this post helpful.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Oct. 28, 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,284

    Default

    Areyousosure, sounds like a history of financial difficulties.
    Rehoming looks like a step in the "right" direction (forgive me for judging what is "right" or "wrong", it just seems sensible).
    Why resist this?


    8 members found this post helpful.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Areyousosure, sounds like a history of financial difficulties.
    Rehoming looks like a step in the "right" direction (forgive me for judging what is "right" or "wrong", it just seems sensible).
    Why resist this?
    No, it's a history of "I don't want to pay you, I'm going to make something up about how your product/work/buisiness was somehow unsatisfactory". That's what all those judgments were for. Like not paying a vet because the animal died, so you weren't happy and don't think you need to pay. Is that acceptable?


    11 members found this post helpful.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,567

    Default

    I really don't understand why all the drama. Iz is GIVING the horses away. Regardless of her past history, I don't see how it's possible to read scam into it.

    If you don't like her...fine, but what does that do with giving away horses? Now if you're giving her money...well, that's a different story, I would imagine. Trust but verify.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    7 members found this post helpful.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Dec. 25, 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AreYouSoSure View Post
    No, it's a history of "I don't want to pay you, I'm going to make something up about how your product/work/buisiness was somehow unsatisfactory". That's what all those judgments were for. Like not paying a vet because the animal died, so you weren't happy and don't think you need to pay. Is that acceptable?
    You know, I haven't denied my financial situation, at all. And your post is the best of all kinds of lies- the ones that start with a shred of truth. If there are "large settlements against me", they are probably part of whatever record you are speaking of. Then again, if they aren't part of it, then they probably don't exist, except insofar as you choose to create them.

    However, even you, behind your computer screen probably cannot deny that the horses deserve good homes, and will be better served in having those opportunities.

    So, I am not sure what your point is. Virtually everything that I have stated here, and on the other thread is factual. You may believe that there is more to tell, and that it is somehow germaine to finding the horses homes. I don't.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    What is relevant is your track record of lies and deception. Your horses are not what you represent them to be. They are not "dressage horses". Green-broke - if that- does not a dressage horse make.

    You are most comfortable in untruths. Hence the relevancy of your record.


    14 members found this post helpful.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Apr. 21, 2010
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Anyone taking on a horse should be fully qualified to make those judgements, then.

    Don't take horses out of "pity" if you are not willing to A. be able to secure their future financially or B. are not qualified or experienced enough to deal with issues that may pop up. Especially because, from what it appears to me, we are not dealing with a "get these horses out today or they will starve to death" situation. Iz is carefully screening and making thoughtful decisions on where her horses go.

    I live closeby and I have what I would consider very nice accomodations, I take very good care of my animals, and I have enough of a cushion to deal with uncertainties. But I know my financial limitations and therefore I cannot take on a new horse. Could I? Sure. Would the horse be fine? Yes. But ideally, its not the right fit for me. Why would I take a horse if in my heart I didn't think its the right fit? Its not going to benefit anyone, myself or the animal. Sure, if this was a "do or die" situation, I would certainly help in an emergency.

    So, don't help if you don't want to help. Don't take a horse if you don't want to make the committment, or if you "don't have a pot to piss in". Those kind of heroics don't end well, usually.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    10,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AreYouSoSure View Post
    You are taken advantage of often in life, aren't you?
    Nope. Not anymore.

    Iz isn't asking for money for these horses. She just wants them to have good homes.

    You, OTOH, are just sh!t-stirring. Why don't you tell us who you really are, since you're obviously an alter.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Dec. 25, 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    You know, once again, I've been upfront with everyone who has shown interest in a horse. The horses that were the most broke, with the largest amount of training, found homes first. Two of them are working in a theraputic program. No exactly where "green broke" horses land.

    The horses that I have left to rehome are either being represented as pasture pets, or their training is explained to anyone who considers them. Pretty simple stuff. My former working student rode everything here that is being represented as being a "dressage horse". Not a pro.

    Many years ago, I worked with an wealthy individual who was doing rescue, on a grand scale, out of their own pocket. Ultimately, they had their attorney put together a 501, so that they would have greater credibility. I had a number of their horses, but they refused to pay the actual cost (not profit- just cost) of the care of those horses, so I sent them notice to remove the horses, immediately. Since that time, this individual has made me their hobby. No other rescues want to deal with them. They are shunned by their breed association. Individuals who have dealt with them tell the same stories, over and over again about the craziness.

    You obviously have more time on your hands than I do. I could sort through your allegations- most of which are false, and all of which are history- but it serves no purpose.

    You know, I had no idea that anyone would realize who I was, when I started spilling my guts. The story I shared is completely factual, in any event. The one that you are trying to spew- for your own purposes- isn't. Most of the horses have found homes, and this story will ultimately end.

    But your hobby? Hate just goes on and on.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Believe me when I say, none of my horses or IZ's will leave my farm. They will be buried here. I have the means, the property, the experience and the integrity to make sure they NEVER end up in the pipeline. So no one needs to worry their pretty little heads about this coming back around. I'D bet my farm it would never happen.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    You know, I had no idea that anyone would realize who I was, when I started spilling my guts.
    Oh save it. You signed up with an email address that is the name of your farm, as was pointed out already. What a crock [edit]. Didn't think anyone would catch on? Please.

    But your hobby? Hate just goes on and on.
    [edit]

    And those asking who "I" am - "I" am several people.
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 17, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: to remove profanity and personal attack


    10 members found this post helpful.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    If any attorneys care to explain a little more to the general public about dodging service of process:
    http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad4/C...9/PDF/0203.pdf


    2 members found this post helpful.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    10,016

    Default

    Yeah, there are 6 people typing on the computer at once. Completely believable.

    What is wrong with you?
    Last edited by grayarabpony; Jan. 17, 2013 at 03:25 PM.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  17. #177
    Join Date
    May. 15, 2007
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    363

    Default Nope - I don't get taken advantage of often. When I offer help - it's my choice.

    AreYouSoSure (GREENIE),

    I AM a kind person. I am NOT however a "sucker" as you have called <us> here. And because you sound like an angry, bitter person I am not bruised by your general insult.

    I know who Iz is. I don't need to dig for dirt or investigate her life's history. I have not given anyone here money. I have not been asked for money. I AM however, supporting her attempt to find qualified homes for the horses that she is trying to move.

    There is no scam here.

    You can try to spin this thread any way you want but I can only think that a personal vendetta is the reason for your "I-know-something-you-don't know" tone.
    If you feel like throwing a rant at me that's fine - I hope you get it out of your system and go away. However, I won't be wasting my time by giving any more thought to your opinion or assessment. Because frankly, right here - right now, it's irrelevant.
    What I do consider relevant is the support of a process to rehome and place some well-loved horses for a lifetime horsewoman who needs help making some changes.
    Last edited by CharingHounds; Jan. 17, 2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo


    6 members found this post helpful.

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Jul. 30, 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AreYouSoSure View Post
    If any attorneys care to explain a little more to the general public about dodging service of process:
    http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad4/C...9/PDF/0203.pdf
    Not an attorney, but all that Order needs explaining is a lawyer not doing their job. Not calling a process server to testify and trying to admit service of process by nailing it to the door and mailing the Summons (which is allowed by NY law after due diligence) is negligent. Whether or not Izanalter was dodging process is unknown since the process server didn't testify ... which would be why it was thrown out.

    A quick google search shows there was obviously a business relationship of some sort between the Plaintiff and Defendant in that case, which obviously went sour at some point since it ended up in court. Can't find much else about the case, however. Hallston Manor LLC is, definitely, "many people" ... so maybe that's our alter?

    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Jul. 30, 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Oh, the google search also showed me that Izanalter filed bankruptcy in 2011, probably in an attempt to salvage her life, and Hallston Manor farms tried to have it dismissed. Probably because whatever judgment they got against her would have been forgiven. Didn't find the disposition of that, though, just the hearing date.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou


    1 members found this post helpful.

  20. #180
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2009
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Whoever and whatever it is, they need to back off right now.


    2 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 155
    Last Post: Dec. 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jun. 3, 2010, 07:07 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Mar. 7, 2010, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Nov. 20, 2008, 07:50 PM
  5. Replies: 154
    Last Post: Nov. 24, 2006, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness