The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Was just thinking of her yesterday. Looking for an update.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Hope things are looking up a bit for Izanalter. I'm wondering if there's been any progress with the last horses that need rehoming..?

2 members found this post helpful.

I would like to thank you for still thinking about me. I am still here, and still looking to place two of the horses. I have homes for everyone else who is sill here, but I suppose I am hoping for a miracle, that keeps me from losing them. I've kind of entered a holding pattern in a sense. It isn't reality, but it has been so peaceful just taking care of a couple, and having the time to spend with them. The horses who have been rehomed are all doing beautifully, and for that, I am more grateful than I can express.

Through the generosity of one particular COTHer, I was able to start HRT. In all honesty, there were times that I did not expect to be here now, or have had the time for HRT to actually work. The change has been truly amazing. While my prospects remain unchanged, I can say that my physical and emotional world is much, much better. You simply do not realize how far down you are, how how damaged you have become, when you wind up in this situation. The original bloodwork showed that I had no detectible estrogen, progesterone, or testosterone. Zero. However, my cholesterol levels were brilliant! I have been on the therapy for over three weeks, and I amazed- of course, when you start at zero, you can only go up, right? I actually woke up in a good mood for the first time in longer than I can remember- and for no apparent reason- several days ago.

Regarding the farm, the ex is shutting off the utilities shortly, and I do not have credit, or the funds to pay for security deposits, so that is a real issue. Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. He has stopped paying the mortgage, etc. so that is just a matter of time, now.

I did determine **who** Are You So Sure is. I do believe that there is a chorus there, but the soloist is from the farm that co-owns two horses with me, and holds the judgement. Please bear in mind that the way that the judgement reads, they were supposed to have sold the horses within 60 days of the judgement- three years ago- by court order. They have refused. The judgement does not allow them any other remedy to seek any form of payment from me, and it does not contemplate a deficiency in the sale prices- in fact, it orders the parties to divide equally and proceeds above the judgement amount. In refusing to sell the horses, they have not allowed the judgement to be extinguished, and, in fact, have had their counsel contact my attorney and demand payment- which they clearly have no right to do. They did spend a huge amount of money working to stop my bankruptcy, and for what? Seriously, I wish I had that kind of money that they wasted- and, I bet you guys do, too.

I do have a clear judgement against them for $3000.

In any event, I wish I had a report that would tell you that the sun is shining (it is) and everything was wonderful (it isn't) but I do deeply appreciate the kindness you have shown me. I have no idea where things will go from here.

16 members found this post helpful.

Keep on keepin' on, Izanalter!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Well here are some suggestions, as I was in your position 3 years ago getting utilities in my name for the first time. Firstly, electric does not require a deposit. Nor does fuel, you can buy that cash. Internet and cable TV do require a deposit if you don't have a history with them, and probably phone, and probably cell phone, but those are not cruicial utilities, and you can do without them until you get yourself sorted out and get a job and some income. You can get a pay as you go cell phone, I got Tracphone, which is really great, whatever money you have you can buy time on it. With Tracfone, I bought the phone (19.00) and a double minutes for life card, then any minutes I buy are double. $100.00 buys about 1000 minutes, so double that, you get a ton. You can buy time for 15.00 if you want. Not the best most cost effective way to 'cell phone' but its a way to do it when you don't have credit or you don't have deposit money for other things. You just have to bite the bullet and realize you will have to move one step at a time and build up your resources for yourself. You have already started this by scaling down your horses - you may have to leave the farm and find an inexpensive rent for a while, while you find a job and rebuild.

Just remember - its all temporary, and you will one day have a farm again, and horses again, but all one step at a time, and it will all be yours and no one can take it away from you. Its a hard lesson to learn, one so many of us have had to learn, but I am certain you are strong and can do it. You can do it yourself and you don't want to have to rely on a significant other who can control you and your beloved horses and your life, or have to ask for help and handouts. When you scale back, you will feel unburdened and you can get it all sorted one small step at a time.

Good luck - you are doing really great! Don't worry about 'luxury' utilities right now, like internet and cable - just the basics - get the electric and fuel in your name and work on the other later when you have good income and resources for it.

If you have no income at this time, go to your town - they often have town programs to make sure folks don't lose electric. The fuel assistance is probably something only available in the fall, but at least you can get the electric turned on, and might get some funds from the town for it.

If you have town water, that won't cost a deposit to get put in your name. Just call them up. It might have to stay in the name of the mortgage holder, but you can pay it, if need be, even if it isn't in your name.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

13 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for letting us know you are hanging in there.

While progress may appear slow, it looks like things are getting better.
    Glad the HRT is helping and it will only get better going forward, especially once we make it out of those dreary winter months.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Talk to your town about power and water.

At some point your ex was going to stop paying the bills where he no longer lives. That's sort of how a divorce works, as you know.

I do feel for you on some level, that life took turns you didn't expect. And I appreciate that this is not where you wanted to be in your life. But you are. And you can make the choice to turn off the computer and get on with living the rest of your life. On your terms, your dime, your own choices. You're free I think you'll be fine when you decide to pay your own way, and live without strings and the possibility of broken promises or oaths.

9 members found this post helpful.

Just wondering..with financial difficulties, an unsure future, why would this individual who has been subject of lots of teeth gnashing and hand wringing be making inquiries as to the sales price etc on an American Saddlebred stallion (grey) for sale..on facebook...March 02

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...9054725804954/

I had a client who was always "shopping for dogs". She would claim she was just looking for a friend...just because the health board seized her last 18 dogs and 9 cats from her trailer and placed them in homes didn't mean she was going to repeat herself. (within 2 months she ALWAYS has 8-9 or more dogs..one time purchased the litter of Saint Bernard puppies...

Nicest gal you could ever meet. Getting new animals brought her out of her depression....but it was, still, an addiction.

I am sure there will be lots of explainations, excuses etc...but I am only inquiring as I heard this same "problem" happened before... out with the old and in with the new.

For all you know, she could be inquiring on him for a friend or customer. If money is an issue for her, getting a little commission might be helpful.

I knew the minute I saw your name on here that you were going to cause trouble.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

7 members found this post helpful.

Gawd Fairfax, you really need to get a life. Iz's horses were never seized. She took good care of them. It's rather pathetic that 2 people actually liked your post too.

Did it occur to you that perhaps she inquired about the price because she has a stallion she's trying to re-home?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amwrider View Post
    For all you know, she could be inquiring on him for a friend or customer. If money is an issue for her, getting a little commission might be helpful.

I knew the minute I saw your name on here that you were going to cause trouble.
    You may be correct....however there were other posters who alluded to this on another thread. No one commented on it. This person is known to many and for many years.

Lots could have been said. But it wasn't.

Rarely do people state they can't afford gas, electricity etc and then "go shopping" even out of curiosity. This person knows better (I would hope) than to be a tire kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    Gawd Fairfax, you really need to get a life. Iz's horses were never seized. She took good care of them. It's rather pathetic that 2 people actually liked your post too.

Did it occur to you that perhaps she inquired about the price because she has a stallion she's trying to re-home?
    Nope...did not occur to me. But then she already knows the worth of her stallion and the market for him. No one stated her horses were seized...no one stated she neglected them.

Before you condemn me...this is exactly what this person has done to others and or insinuated...many have "suffered her wrath", for less.

8 members found this post helpful.

I'm condemning you because you're behaving like a troll.
    Last edited by grayarabpony; Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Fairfax, you completly missed the point and your nastiness is not welcome on this thread. If you had actually read what the person in question posted, she was telling the seller to do a better job of selling the critter "what does he know how to do? how much? you know, details! Is he a loffly horse? If you are trying to sell him, well, SELL him!"

I completely agree with her comment, and your pot-stirring nastiness is totally inappropriate.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Jeanie...I have not stated anything on this thread from the time it first emerged.

That is great if that was her point.

Don't ever think for a moment, that she hasn't gone into attack mode when TROT was actually a forum. NO ONE was given a pass for anything. I should know..and I also know she can talk her way out of an atom bomb.

That said...when all this came down I did express my hope that she would find peace (on her facebook group) and this is the first I have commented.

It will be the last regarding this, but I am not alone with my thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    Fairfax, you completly missed the point and your nastiness is not welcome on this thread. If you had actually read what the person in question posted, she was telling the seller to do a better job of selling the critter "what does he know how to do? how much? you know, details! Is he a loffly horse? If you are trying to sell him, well, SELL him!"

I completely agree with her comment, and your pot-stirring nastiness is totally inappropriate.
    Ditto.

1 members found this post helpful.

Mods? isn't it time to stop this thead?

Enough already.................

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Keep on keepin' on, Izanalter!!!
    That is so weird, I was going to post the SAME exact thing until I scrolled down and saw it was already posted.

Nice to hear you are back to the land of the living Iz, instead of just existing. Best of luck to you sorting out all the details.
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

I thought Iz wanted help trying to figure out what to do with no money and no income and needing utilities turned on? Some good suggestions have been made, and she hasn't come back to respond to the help that was offered. I say leave it open, so folks can help her transition from dependence to self-reliance without hand outs, which is what she herself has expressed a need to do. Fairfax's comments weren't rude, I thought he was polite - direct and honest, and honest about the OP's history and problems, and he supported his points. If someone in Iz's position was buying horses, it is a problem, and it would be similar to an addiction, if that is what she is doing. He himself allowed there might be other explainations, some of them healthy, some wouldn't be healthy, but when a person in Iz's situation is seen online looking at stallions for sale after asking for assistance from strangers, it is worthy of an ear perking up.

If she was chattering away about how to sell a horse, that's reasonable, but when you ask the public for help and ask the public to put heads together to beat out solutions, what you do and say in public will be part of those discussions. The healthiest thing for Iz is for her, and for those she asks to help her, to be real and honest. I hope Izzy's not looking at horses to buy, and her activity on that facebook page was misconstrued, But we don't just close the thread because the conversation continues to be real and honest. Fairfax's observations were real and honest. Closing the thread because posters aren't clutching their pearls and pooping hearts and flowers isn't being honest at all.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

17 members found this post helpful.

Perhaps if more of us put the harpies on ignore they would eventually crawl back under their rocks.
    "The captive bolt is not a proper tool for slaughter of equids they regain consciousness 30 seconds after being struck fully aware they are being vivisected." Dr Friedlander DVM & frmr Chief USDA Insp

1 members found this post helpful.