The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arabiansrock View Post
    I have not posted on this thread until now.

Honest to God, this is neither the time nor the place for a personal vendetta against Iz. Whatever may have happened in the past is past.

Iz, just ignore this person. They are not worth wasting even a minute typing a response to. Make like a duck. Let it just roll right off your back.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. The horses are finding homes and hopefully that will be the start of Iz getting things back on track. It's hard to believe anyone would be mean enough to use this as an opportunity to stir up trouble.

It's clear he is to go to a breeding home. Why bother stirring the pot? Sometimes people suck, and I can only hope they are on the receiving end someday.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

3 members found this post helpful.

Likewise I have followed this thread but not posted. Regardless of the reasons for someone getting to the place that Iz has, it's a tough place to be and very hard to dig back up from. I hope Iz can find that courage. She's doing a great job for the horses. AYSS just seems like an incredibly pathetic person - I never understand how someone gets to such a level of vindictiveness. I hope that AYSS is never in the place that Iz is, as karma will happily give back what she has dealt on this thread.

Iz, I have forwarded your links of Bo to a good friend of mine. He is a wonderful home. If someone comes from him I'll let you know.

Just want to interject some information here. I'm the one who took Willoughby -- and I have to say that so far, he is exactly the horse that Izanalter described to me. She was spot-on with both his physical issues and his behavior. She has taken the time to update me on his shots and worming, his idiosynchrasies (sp?), his likes and dislikes, including handling and tack. Because of this accurate assessment and sharing, Will has had an easy transition to his new home.

15 members found this post helpful.

Re-posting Iz's description of the pinto from page 11 this thread, as of mid-January (I added the paragraph breaks for ease of reading):

"I have two here that I hadn't spoken about, because one belongs to someone else, and the other was busy blowing an abcess, or so I thought. The one with the abcess turned out to have a nasty bruise and soft spot on his sole, according to my intrepid blacksmith. I have been painting his feet twice a day, and I do think he is better.

He is a 16.1 hand BIG BIG built pinto half-brother to Borealis. He has big lofty suspended movement, almost Baroque-like, if you will. He is sweet, funny, has a great sense of humor, and gives kisses. VERY intelligent, and talented.

He is suitable for a talented advanced rider, or someone with a trainer, as he is girthy, and needs a careful hand. He could be successful at the National level, with the right person- he is that awesome a mover."

I hope someone is encouraged to pursue this horse, I think he would put a smile on your face.

Think of the questions you will field about your handsome pinto!

Perhaps soon some serious rider will get back to us on how this boy rides...

1 members found this post helpful.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Hard to understand how someone can be so bitter and evil as to pile on when someone is at the end of their rope. A little compassion goes a long way and I fell sorry for anyone who has none.

Izanalter is trying to do the right thing for her horses. Just let it be and hope they all find great homes.

Iz, please don't let one loud, negative voice drown out all the voices that are rooting for you and willing to lend a helping hand.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

6 members found this post helpful.

We've banned AreYouSoSure for the completely inappropriate comments on this thread. It's fine to question information given on horses being placed, etc., but directly wishing ill on another user is never acceptable.

We removed some of the posts in response to get things back on track. We did not find a direct IP correlation between the banned user and any others on the site.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

20 members found this post helpful.

THANK YOU, Mod 1!!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

thank you, Mod 1!

I have a question regarding personas on a board such as this one, and hope someone can enlighten me. I'm no computer whiz.......

Anyone can go to their local library (for instance) -- boot up a computer, create an email address using the library's IP, sign up at a website (such as this one), create an identity, and then post here (for instance) under that ID. Is that correct? And it would not be possible to track down who exactly that person is? I'm curious because if AYSS wasn't a regular member here, then how would that person (or any other person) know what was being discussed here, in order to want to post anonymously? Doesn't make sense. Any rate -- I'm just wondering about the technical side of it.

I would imagine that posting on your phone vs your home laptop would achieve the same result.

Yes, there are many ways that two accounts being used by the same person can not show an IP overlap. We try to limit moderation actions to things we can substantiate, however; so we are often limited in how we can police the inappropriate use of alters on the site.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

Ah. Thank you Katarine and Mod. 1.

Now I have another question -- someone asked that I post pictures of Willoughby Wallaby Woo. I have a couple of not-wonderful photos that I could post -- but I don't know how. Help?

You post them on Flickr, or Webshots, or any free photo hosting site, then post a link to that photo.

I see. Thanks.

Happy Valentine's Day to Iz and others! I know there are many here who have lost serious loves in their life. There are many of us thinking of you and sending you love and best wishes on a what may be a difficult day. I'm in awe of the hard work you are doing to find your horses their own new lives. Hope your struggle has eased considerably from the last holidays.

6 members found this post helpful.

Wjat Larissa said! You go, IZ. You've got a ton of well wishers behind you.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I told my husband that I didn't need a Valentines Day present this year -- because I have a great big red Valentine out in my barn!!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Especially to Izanalter!!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kyryder View Post
    I told my husband that I didn't need a Valentines Day present this year -- because I have a great big red Valentine out in my barn!!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Especially to Izanalter!!
    What could be better than a WOO-entine??

Not much -- not much!!! :-D

2 members found this post helpful.

Just checking to see if Iz has placed the remaining horses, and how she is doing. I truly hope all is well.