The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    This one is also available. He is BOREALIS, foaled 6.8.2001, he stands an honest 17 hands and is a proven sire. NOT broke to ride, due to an injury he had as a foal, he is the owner of the highest score an America Saddlebred has ever achieved, in front of Olympic leve judge, Hilda Gurney- a 78% at DAD. The video was done last February, when he had not been in work, for a presentation that I gave at the ASHA convention that year. Please PM for additional details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9wJz...layer_embedded
    He is gorgeous! I wish I were in a position to take him. Prayers sent that he finds a worthy home...
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz

1 members found this post helpful.

OMG, Izanalter, BOREALIS is magnificent! I never saw photos of his pinto 1/2 brother. If he's anything like this guy, he must be amazing too.
    I'm in western central NY. Would it be okay if I share Borealis' video on my facebook? I'm uninformed on the likelihood of ASB breeders in the area, but I do know there are many warmblood, crossbred, and sporthorse folks. He would obviously add quality to most types of breeding programs.
    Man, he'd just be nice to look at!

Please feel free to share out as much as you'd like to- he needs a very special home. He has had the world built around him for his entire life, which he absolutely knows that he deserves!

It appears that the mare has found a home. I need to locate some pix of the pinto. He doesn't look much like Bo, except that they both have tremendous bone, and the shape of their faces look like their Mom. The pinto is a more baroque type- he is a loftier mover. He has more jump in his canter than Bo does.

This one is also available. He is BOREALIS, foaled 6.8.2001, he stands an honest 17 hands and is a proven sire. NOT broke to ride, due to an injury he had as a foal, he is the owner of the highest score an America Saddlebred has ever achieved, in front of Olympic leve judge, Hilda Gurney- a 78% at DAD. The video was done last February, when he had not been in work, for a presentation that I gave at the ASHA convention that year. Please PM for additional details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9wJz...layer_embedded
    Isn't it true that your stallion actually was started under saddle, but can't be ridden because he is a dangerous rearer? Why aren't you sharing all the facts?

7 members found this post helpful.

Actually, Melanie, we did ride him a bit, after your departure. But, it made no sense to push him further. And he didn't rear, he acted as many young horses do- including your Eli- when first backed. He was scared.

As you are not an appropriate home for any of these horses, I am not sure what you have to offer that is useful.

9 members found this post helpful.

I can be of no help with the rehoming - being in a totally different country... but I just wanted to add my support, as I too am in awe of the strength of will and dedication to doing right by the horses that iza shows.

Please take care of yourself, iza. And remember that no matter how much worse it all gets, there's always a rainbow at the end of the storm. And with a storm cloud this ugly, that rainbow better be a darned vibrant one.

COTH needs a "hug" emoticon. Just pretend one's here.
    *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    "Show me the back of a thoroughbred horse, and I will show you my wings."
    &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

3 members found this post helpful.

Actually, Melanie, we did ride him a bit, after your departure. But, it made no sense to push him further. And he didn't rear, he acted as many young horses do- including your Eli- when first backed. He was scared.
    Repeated rearing is hardly "normal" behavior. Your previous "working students" could attest to his behavior. Why are you not forthright about his behavior issue? Instead you choose to blame a (nonexistent) injury.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYouSoSure View Post
    Repeated rearing is hardly "normal" behavior. Your previous "working students" could attest to his behavior. Why are you not forthright about his behavior issue? Instead you choose to blame a (nonexistent) injury.
    I can't believe that I am bothering to dignify this, but here goes. First off, the horse fractured a sesamoid, which affected the growth plate in his fetlock, as a suckling. Because of this, he has a slight deviation in the angle his cannon bone comes out of his fetlock. He is sound on it, but I haven't wanted to press the issue.

I am not representing him as a riding horse, because he doesn't have the experience under saddle. You, personally, do not know anyone who actually rode him, and you, personally, do not know anyone who was around to see it. Fact. Amazing. He is an absolutely magnificent creature, and I have been blessed to both bring him into the world, and bring him along.

You have contacted people making representations that are absolutely false about these horses. In spite of your actions, the horses are being placed, and the people who have them are thrilled with them, which makes me very happy.

You may have a problem with me, and thats fine. But you are trying to take this out on the horses, and that isn't. I think that you need a new hobby, because this story is just about over. There are only a couple of horses left to place. What will you do with yourself, then?

24 members found this post helpful.

Wow. Good for you, Izanalter (your last post), and hang in there.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

5 members found this post helpful.

Areyousosure I don't know you, but am wondering what kind of person kicks someone while they are down, especially when doing the absolute best thing for their horses is breaking their heart. Wow is all I can say

20 members found this post helpful.

You, personally, do not know anyone who actually rode him, and you, personally, do not know anyone who was around to see it. Fact.
    Are you, in fact, so sure?

You have contacted people making representations that are absolutely false about these horses.
    Untrue. Other COTH members PMd with questions - this user did not solicit contact.

You may have a problem with me, and thats fine. But you are trying to take this out on the horses, and that isn't.
    Untrue. The PMs would support that. They basically recommend to be very careful in dealing with YOU, and to thoroughly vet any claims made by you about the horses, for the well being of those horses AND their potential new owners. Do you not think that it might occur to someone to try to ride this stallion of yours at some point, and to not disclose his history of rearing (which is more confirmed and extensive than you admit), puts those in contact with him in the future in danger.

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 13, 2013 at 07:54 AM.

7 members found this post helpful.

Are you, in fact, so sure?

Untrue. Other COTH members PMd with questions - this user did not solicit contact.

Untrue. The PMs would support that. They basically recommend to be very careful in dealing with YOU, and to thoroughly vet any claims made by you about the horses, for the well being of those horses AND their potential new owners. Do you not think that it might occur to someone to try to ride this stallion of yours at some point, and to not disclose his history of rearing (which is more confirmed and extensive than you admit), puts those in contact with him in the future in danger.

[edit]
    Yes, actually I am 100% sure. I also know of at least one person who you actively pursued, after they had stated interest on here, about a horse. Perhaps they will share, perhaps they will decide that they don't feel it is worth it to have you chasing them, as well.

As far as riding Borealis? I am representing him only as a breeding stallion, and, like the other horses I have placed, I will be very careful in screening prospective homes. You already stated, falsely, that he had not been injured. You simply do not know of what you speak, and yet you go on, and it really begs the question, "why?"

As for the rest? Thank you for your well wishes. I hope that those who know who you are also see you for what you are.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 13, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

5 members found this post helpful.

I always wonder why some people demand perfection in others, when they can't even be bothered to display it themselves.

Izanalter, I've been quietly following this thread for a while and I'm glad you're horses are finding wonderful homes; I hope they all do. I wish I was in a position to take one!

There was a time that I once stood on the edge of the platform at a DC Metro station and thought about how great it would be if I just..."slipped" right before the train went by. Then I thought about how I'd ruin a lot of people's day. And the mess and anguish I'd create for others, so I stepped back. For some reason that was the one reason I needed to stay alive at that moment, and a few more moments to come, until the day I didn't think about it at all. It was a looooong road that backtracked a few times, but out of that experience I'm gritty as hell, and grateful to know the extent of my own perseverance.

So Izanalter, I hope you have been or are able to find your own reason not to “slip” off the platform (and by that, I mean whatever “slipping” might mean to you; I know it’s different for everyone) and hold on to that for as long as it takes to get to the other side of this.

All of our battle wounds, so-to-speak, are what make us stronger for the next go-round that life likes to throw at us from time to time; kind of like building up immunity to the BS! So just think about how tough yours will be once you get through this
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

12 members found this post helpful.

hang in there iz, hang in there.

2 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations on the placement for the mare.

'a good placing for Bo' is not a riding home. Got it.

Move on.

If you don't agree with Hilda Gurney, no one is forcing you to breed to Bo.

Bo does need to find a good placement, as does his pinto gelding half-sib; hopefully we can concentrate on that as being relevant.

AreYouSoSure- just go away back to your little hole and leave Itza alone.

I have personally been to Itza's farm. I trailered one of her horses for the new owner. The horse appeared to be exactly as advertised. The horse behaved as expected for loading and trailering.
    Borealis is a beautiful horse. Itza kindly took his blankets off to show him off to us. She mentioned his injury at the time and pointed out which leg. She had no reason to mention it since he was not available at that time.
    She is trying to GIVE away the horse as a breeding stallion. Not as a riding stallion. If the new owners decide to ride him it is up to them to properly assess his suitability as a riding horse. How he acted as a young fresh stallion 8 or 9 years ago may be totally different than now. As with any horse that has not be ridden for many years. However once again he isn't being marketed as a riding horse. He is a breeding stallion with an injury and therefore not suitable for riding.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

11 members found this post helpful.

While sliding down a slippery slope - I think you meant to say this userNAME
    did not solicit contact.

Under your other user name? The same person definitely contacted ME first. And, when I wouldn't give up the name of someone that a horse was going to, you decided on other routes to get ahold of her.

So, yes, I realize that you and Iz have "issues." But for the love of the horses, woman, GIVE IT UP. Let go and move on. Holy freakin' guacamole - even if YOU think she hasn't done a good thing in her life - just this ONE TIME - look and see what she is doing FOR THE HORSES.

13 members found this post helpful.

I have no dog in this at all and think that the more horses placed the better.

But I'm all for honesty about the horses needing new homes. If one of the horses being placed as breeding stock has potential issues, I think it's fair that someone who might know it speaks up. Just from an outsiders point of view.

*flame suit on
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I have no dog in this at all and think that the more horses placed the better.

But I'm all for honesty about the horses needing new homes. If one of the horses being placed as breeding stock has potential issues, I think it's fair that someone who might know it speaks up. Just from an outsiders point of view.

*flame suit on
    That would be someone who has everyone's best interest at heart which is NOT the case here. Plus this isn't a riding horse, already clearly stated.

I won't deny I've been following this thread since the beginning. However, if I have something to say, I will not use an alter to do it. I was contacted awhile ago by Johanna Gwinn at Iz's request asking if I would take one of the mares. It took some time but I found a great home for her with a friend in the area. I also offered to help with transportation costs for a gelding who had a home offer in Wisconsin. Since there was no response to those offers, even though my help was solicited, it appeared it was no longer needed. I sincerely hope all of the horses find suitable homes very soon and that Julie will find the help she needs to move on with her life.

10 members found this post helpful.