The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Safe travels, Woo. Hugs to Iz.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

1 members found this post helpful.

Jingles for a safe trip for Woo, and for Izanalter - it'll be hard, but of all the places for Woo to go, it sounds like this is the best one you could have hoped for, right? As much as it hurts, try to keep in mind that you're not "losing" Woo - you're helping him on his journey to find someone else who will love him as much as you do. In this world, more love is a good thing and you're the reason that Woo is getting more. (I know that sounds stupid, and I'm not being very eloquent, but I'm feeling this one for you, Iz. As tough as it is, I don't think you can make a bad decision if you put the needs of the horse first - and that's what you're doing - you're doing a good thing.)
    And kyryder - promise you'll post an update when Woo gets to his new home, ok?

6 members found this post helpful.

Once again, you guys are so supportive and kind. The reality is that Woo is going EXACTLY where he should be. He will get more attention, and love, and he is just the right horse for Kyryder in every way. But, oh my God do I miss him, already. It isn't easy loading a horse when you can't see for the tears. I spent a few moments in the trailer with him kissing him, and feeding him carrots...geez, now I can hardly see the computer screen...

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    Once again, you guys are so supportive and kind. The reality is that Woo is going EXACTLY where he should be. He will get more attention, and love, and he is just the right horse for Kyryder in every way. But, oh my God do I miss him, already. It isn't easy loading a horse when you can't see for the tears. I spent a few moments in the trailer with him kissing him, and feeding him carrots...geez, now I can hardly see the computer screen...
    awe....

many bug bear hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Oh geez, Iz, you got me blubbering too now! I know how wrenching having to do this is, cyber-hugs to you. Since I am blessed to have met Kyryder IRL, I know how much she loves and pampers her horses. I'll betcha you could even go visit sometime, once you are 'back on your feet' as the saying goes.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Always checking on this thread and saying prayers for you Iz.

I can't imagine letting go of my horses, they're my pets. I guess the comfort comes in knowing they'll be happy, and loved.

Thanks for your very kind words Sdlbredfan -- I do love my horses, as does Izanalter, and we treat our horses very similarly, so hopefully Woo will settle right in and transition well.

His stall is ready -- bedded deep so he can lay down to sleep if he's inclined, after his long trip. Hay is in the manger, buckets are washed and ready to fill with fresh water tonight. The trailer is hitched and ready to travel. I'm checking email this morning before heading out to Lexington to pick him up. I expect to be back home by 6:00 this evening, so I'll check in again tonight and let everyone know how our day went.

Oh -- and Izanalter knows that she has a standing invitation to visit anytime.

4 members found this post helpful.

The Woo has arrived safe and sound! He wasn't enthusiastic about climbing on the trailer, having just got off one where he'd spent the past 22 hours. But -- once he decided that he'd have another go, he walked right on, and travelled like a dream. He is currently in his great big stall, chowing down on hay, and sampling the local (and different tasting) water! He is completely ignoring the two mares, who are beside themselves over the new guy in town!! We have lightly groomed him (he sweated pretty good in the big trailer from PA to KY), and in a little while I'm gonna go back out to the barn and give him a little cocktail of Banamine and Nutrient Buffer in case he's stiff and sore from all of that traveling, and in case his tummy is upset. He's had a major upheaval in his life.

Izanalter and I have been in touch all day, and I'm about to call her and let her know that he has arrived safe and sound.

Just wanted to let everyone know that he's here, and to thank everyone for their well-wishes.

17 members found this post helpful.

I've had some wonderful horses in my life, but none more wonderful than the Woo. He is where he should be, and I am working at placing the last few. It seems strange around here, but it needs to be.

As Willem would say, "THIS, it be RIGHT".

18 members found this post helpful.

Aw, hugs for everyone.
    Prayers for a quiet and uneventful first night for Woo.

Iz, you continue to show your strength. You are rising tall and strong in this situation and doing the tough choices and follow-through that MANY people couldn't handle. You're doing such good things for people and horses here-you're doing something very good and powerful for many creatures. I really admire you; I know you're struggling but you're doing the right thing, day after day after day. You're in my thoughts a lot, I don't post here often but you're in my thoughts a lot.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    I've had some wonderful horses in my life, but none more wonderful than the Woo. He is where he should be, and I am working at placing the last few. It seems strange around here, but it needs to be.

As Willem would say, "THIS, it be RIGHT".
    This it be right, indeed.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

6 members found this post helpful.

Good on ya both!
    Iz, I'm really happy that it sounds like you're feeling a little better about the Woo - you had to make one of those "it's good for everybody else, but it sure feels terrible for me" calls, and I'm proud of you. Hugs for you - because I know things are still tough, but you're doing great; Hugs for kyrider, because I'm happy for you and thankful that you were able to help Iz; and Hugs for the Woo, too!

And kyryder - Pictures? Pleeeaase...

Thanks, guys. This is the most difficult thing I've ever tried to do in my life, and the most awful time of my life. Things are getting worse, not better, believe it or not.

I really need to try and clear the farm by next week. Any thoughts or questions about the mare, or the pinto gelding, please feel free to PM me. I need a couple of fabulous homes, asap.

Have you gotten any meds?
    If you and your other half were together for 19 yrs, have you seen an atty about divorce, even if it was a common law marriage. Also checked into alimony/division of property. You shouldn't be penniless and him having everything.

2 members found this post helpful.

We were not married- even the common law definition would not hold up to that, and I am not seeking that kind of position.m The situation is at the tipping point, and has begun the slide into more awfulness.

He owns half of the debt on this place, something I am sure makes him more than a bit unhappy. There will not be a property settlement. On the bright side, that means he cannot force the sale of the farm, without a partition proceeding ($$$) and he hates the courts. The other side is that I cannot afford the farm.

However, I do need homes for the remaining duo- the pinto, as I mentioned, is a half brother to Borealis. He is a stunning mover, a real personality, and super smart. The mare would be fabulous for a beginner, or would be a blast for someone who wants a really fun and fancy mount.

Thanks!

I contacted Dale Dedrick to let her know about the mare. She said on FB recently and publicly that she actually is looking for second horse, and also told me via PM she would pass the word about the mare. She is on FB, might want to PM her with the details on the pinto too, since I did not have that info handy. She is in FL right now I believe, and she likes ASBs. She has lots of contacts, as you can well imagine.
    ETA, contact Chrissa Hoffman on the pinto, if you have not already?
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

This one is also available. He is BOREALIS, foaled 6.8.2001, he stands an honest 17 hands and is a proven sire. NOT broke to ride, due to an injury he had as a foal, he is the owner of the highest score an America Saddlebred has ever achieved, in front of Olympic leve judge, Hilda Gurney- a 78% at DAD. The video was done last February, when he had not been in work, for a presentation that I gave at the ASHA convention that year. Please PM for additional details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9wJz...layer_embedded

Oh Wow! That is indeed an amazing horse. I had hoped you were going to find a way to hold onto him somehow, maybe have someone else stand him at stud on your behalf.
    Jeanie

Bo will always be in her heart, no matter who owns him.

-Your courage on behalf of your horses is incredible.

Condolences.