The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

I had another one leave for their forever home this afternoon. I am so grateful for the wonderful homes that each of these horses are finding. They are exceptional-- truly-- and those people who are giving them homes are no less so.

But it is heartbreaking. They are my family. Each one that leaves carries a piece of my heart along, and it is crushing to see the emptiness around here.

Last week, we laid two to rest. This is not a journey I would wish upon anyone, but I am determined that these horses will not suffer for my mess.

Still need homes for the awesome pinto gelding- by the way, this is a half-brother to Borealis- and also, for the mare listed above, who really is fantastic, and, if she were in someone elses barn, she would be getting sold for alot of $$.

3 members found this post helpful.

How old is the mare?

Eighteen in March. Low miles- regular maintenance- one owner!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    But it is heartbreaking. They are my family. Each one that leaves carries a piece of my heart along, and it is crushing to see the emptiness around here.
    but you are sort of extending your family a bit by connecting yourself to these exceptional horse lovers

Last week, we laid two to rest. This is not a journey I would wish upon anyone, but I am determined that these horses will not suffer for my mess.

Iz, I hope things are looking up for you. (Aside from having to put your horses down, of course, so sorry.)
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

I have a mare who I thought was placed, but is going to be looking for a very special home.

Free to an amazing home- Aurora Blue is a fabulous mare who is ridiculously intelligent, and incredibly sweet. She is quiet enough for more novice riders, but is a real treat for any dressage rider looking for a horse who will get in front of you leg, and stay round. She is broke to death- and has limited show miles- she was Reserve Champion at Devon several years ago- and that was her first horse show. MUST wear bar shoes in front- she is barefoot behind- and she does crib. She is happiest living out, but no problem in a stall, with turnout.

I do have some pix of her- this mare was born here, and I adore her. She is wonderful to be around, and sublime to ride.
    Would she workk for a highly skilled but limited strength Para-dressage rider? This one was in the recent Olympics, and used to do exhibitions with a Saddlebred, I believe the name of the critter was Peavine's Majestic Heritage. If Dale does not need another horse, she may know of someone who does. It cannot hurt to get in touch with her. This is her FB page, which you may already know:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/Para.Dale
    that says she is temporarily in Wellington FL not up in Michigan
    here is her USEF bio:
    http://www.usefnetwork.com/athletes/...ick/print.aspx

ETA, so sorry you had to send some across the Rainbow Bridge, cyber hugs on that.
    Last edited by sdlbredfan; Jan. 30, 2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: clarity
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

It is so good to hear of your horses finding that 'special someone' for each of them.
    The extra time with their own person will really make them blossom; try to think of it as giving them a new family to love and be loved by.

Condolences on the heartbreak of needing to euth. May you get through the grief to treasure their memory at least fleetingly in the near future.

One foot in front of the other and onward, each day.

1 members found this post helpful.

Iza,

I have been sending you positive vibes from Fl. for weeks now. Now I am sending you massive jingles. We all know it hurts, but you were and are brave. Its hard to swallow ones pride and ask for help and look at all of these amazing horse people that have stepped up to the plate to help the horses you raise.

I am in awe to be in the company of such wonderful people.

I had another one leave for their forever home this afternoon. I am so grateful for the wonderful homes that each of these horses are finding. They are exceptional-- truly-- and those people who are giving them homes are no less so.

Still need homes for the awesome pinto gelding- by the way, this is a half-brother to Borealis- and also, for the mare listed above, who really is fantastic, and, if she were in someone elses barn, she would be getting sold for alot of $$.
    Finding them good homes where they will be safe and loved is the highest form of love that you that you can give them.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

I am in awe of the strength that Iz is showing in working through this nightmare. She's setting an example of doing right for her animals in the face of adversity that we all should remember.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

8 members found this post helpful.

Ditto to Monstrpony's post!

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    I am in awe of the strength that Iz is showing in working through this nightmare. She's setting an example of doing right for her animals in the face of adversity that we all should remember.
    THIS - Iz I haven't posted on your threads until now, but I have been thinking of you and wishing you the best

Thanks, guys. I had a meltdown the other night over it all, and just could not stop sobbing. I feel like such an idiot for so many reasons. There is alot going on that is adding to the nightmare. Just when you didn't think it could get worse, it just does.

The fact is that the homes that these horses are getting will allow them to shine. They will get the personal attention that they deserve. And, it is so much easier and quicker to feed and take care of those who are still here, but it feels so empty. With him being gone, and now all of them, it is just terribly sad.

Still needing great homes for my pinto, and the wonderful mare.

Thanks again!

Hang in there iz. There are a lot of us pulling for you, and sending your prayers for strength.

Bumping this up- I still need homes for the pinto, and the mare- both are truly exceptional.

Another landed at their new home this weekend. Ironically, the shipper kept remarking on how nice the horse was, and that they could not possibly be 100% ASB. I hope that seeing how nice these horses can be dispels some myths, as these horses are dispersed into the world. They are their own best ambassadors.

7 members found this post helpful.

Bumping this up- I still need homes for the pinto, and the mare- both are truly exceptional.

Another landed at their new home this weekend. Ironically, the shipper kept remarking on how nice the horse was, and that they could not possibly be 100% ASB. I hope that seeing how nice these horses can be dispels some myths, as these horses are dispersed into the world. They are their own best ambassadors.
    This fact alone should make a little bit of the pain worth it, knowing that your kids are going out there to shine, and promote their breeding.

I wish I needed a large Pinto, but the boy would be wasted here. I think getting them to the best, user friendly homes is most important, so they can continue to shine. Kudos to you IZ for making that your priority, even if your instincts are telling you to crawl into your bed, pull the covers over your head, and only come out when absolutely necessary.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

4 members found this post helpful.

Lawdart- he isn't really TALL, he is stout, and built like a warmblood

Woo leaves tomorrow for Kyryder. I have been feeding him a fairly unending supply of carrots. I will miss him terribly, and probably spend tomorrow night blubbering, but I am thrilled to pieces that she is going to be his new Mom.

All of the feedback from the new homes has been great- the horses are fitting in well, and are truly appreciated. It is strange to have less than half the number of horses that were here last Fall, but it is so much easier to take care of everyone.

Still need a couple of homes....

Lawdart- he isn't really TALL, he is stout, and built like a warmblood

Woo leaves tomorrow for Kyryder. I have been feeding him a fairly unending supply of carrots. I will miss him terribly, and probably spend tomorrow night blubbering, but I am thrilled to pieces that she is going to be his new Mom.

All of the feedback from the new homes has been great- the horses are fitting in well, and are truly appreciated. It is strange to have less than half the number of horses that were here last Fall, but it is so much easier to take care of everyone.

Still need a couple of homes....
    Hmmm. Were there photos of this Pinto somewhere? And just how tall is he?
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

He is probably around 15.3, and I will have to look for some pix. I haven't taken any of him, lately. He has an extremely long neck, which makes him look taller than he is.

I have one leaving at noon. This is going to be a very tough day.

And I'm having such mixed emotions. I feel so sorry for Izanalter. I can't imagine loading up my horses -- one by one -- and watching them head down the road to spend the rest of their lives somewhere else.

On the other hand -- I'm so excited I can hardly stand it -- to know that within a few hours, Woo will be on his way to me. There is no doubt in my mind that destiny has played a hand in her and my lives, where this horse is concerned.

We will appreciate all prayers and good thoughts for a safe and comfortable trip for Woo. He will spend the better part of the next thirty hours on trailers.

4 members found this post helpful.