The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Hey Iz - could you give us a status update on the horses? I am still getting some inquiries on the ones that gabby.gator supplied pics of for FB, and I know you have the two additional ones you talked about here.

Just want to know which ones are still available when people ask. Thx.

PS - texted you, didn't get a response re: some travel plans end of Feb.

Update - heard via FB, that the woman who was "up" for Willoughby lost her son to a car accident on Saturday. So, that looks like Will/Woo might be available again as she can't commit to anything for a few weeks {{{jingles to her family}}}

Iz, you around? She didn't have a # for you, so she asked me to let you know.

Iz - gettin' a little worried here. Haven't heard any peeps from you. Where are you?

1 members found this post helpful.

She's probably busy explaining to her ex husband why all these fruitloops are calling him from all over the US and Canada

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CA ASB View Post
    Update - heard via FB, that the woman who was "up" for Willoughby lost her son to a car accident on Saturday. So, that looks like Will/Woo might be available again as she can't commit to anything for a few weeks {{{jingles to her family}}}

Iz, you around? She didn't have a # for you, so she asked me to let you know.
    Wow. That might be better relayed in a pm. That's pretty private and heartbreaking news.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

5 members found this post helpful.

Long Spot, I didn't identify the woman, and she's not on COTH. Seeing's as how I haven't been able to get ahold of Iz any other way, I had to resort to a public announcement. Sorry if it offended you. The lady in question was very open about it on FB, and I am truly very sorry for her, and for Iz as well.

Everyone reading that post was devastated to read it, and could feel nothing but sympathy for the woman. Can't even imagine the pain and loss.

As far as Willoughby is concerned, I am speaking up for him. This is a Saddlebred home, a Dressage home, and a forever home. It is out of state, so Izanalter will have to consider that -- but it's the perfect home for WWW, and there's a 12 x 16 stall waiting for him if Iz agrees.

7 members found this post helpful.

Thanks to all for their kind and continued concern. I appreciate it. This was a tough week, but the horses are great, and I am in the middle of chores, this morning.

Kyryder- you have a PM. CA ASB- discretion is the better part of valor. I will reach out to you when I have time, but I do appreciate your concern.

Still need a home for my big handsome pinto.

Thanks again!

Kyryder's offer is awesome! She knows her stuff, no doubt about it. Dressage home, her own property = best home possible (other than yours, of course) Iz.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

As it happens, Kyryder was at the sale when I bought Willoughby. I had shipped a horse down from PA, to Lexington, that she had bought.

I took her over to see Wills in his stall at the sale, and he came over to me and looked at the catalogue I had in my hands, which was open to his page. He stuck his nose out to me, and I kissed him, and Kyryder said, "what are you doing? you don't know that horse!".... and I said, "yes, I do. I know this horse."

So there is something poetic about her wanting him now. Perhaps the circle will be complete.

10 members found this post helpful.

I had visions of him chomping off half her face! Fortunately, he wasn't that kind of horse.

And this isn't the first time that I've wanted him -- I wanted to buy him ten years ago, but the hub's school horse came up for sale, and it had become evident that he couldn't ride the horse shipped from PA to Lexington, intended for him. So we bought the school horse instead, and the other horse became mine. Pathways traveled.

And here we are, ten years later, with Willoughby needing a home -- and me needing him. I hope the circle will be complete.

5 members found this post helpful.

I hope that there will be some happy outcomes to read about, of some kind, really soon.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by kyryder View Post
    I had visions of him chomping off half her face! Fortunately, he wasn't that kind of horse.

And this isn't the first time that I've wanted him -- I wanted to buy him ten years ago, but the hub's school horse came up for sale, and it had become evident that he couldn't ride the horse shipped from PA to Lexington, intended for him. So we bought the school horse instead, and the other horse became mine. Pathways traveled.

And here we are, ten years later, with Willoughby needing a home -- and me needing him. I hope the circle will be complete.
    You know, with plastic surgery could have come some serious improvements!!

There is no one like the Woo. He is a personality that is larger than life, and a heart that is bigger than the outdoors. He is only limited by how much someone can do working him, and keeping him fit. He thinks he is all that, every single day. Kindness, intense intelligence, and gameness- what an amazing combination!

4 members found this post helpful.

Iz, thank you. Given the circumstances, that was about as discrete as I could be. Despite the turn of events, seems she too would take Woo.

my heart breaks at the thought of any parent losing a child, no matter how many legs.

Well, the amazing Woo will be heading to Kyryder, as soon as we can make those arrangements, and I am more that thrilled that he will, after all these years, be her best friend. Perhaps she will share the rest of the story of how he came to be mine, at some point. But it is more important that he will be with her, and safe, and happy.

The wonderul pinto gelding who I mentioned is still hoping for a home. He is awesome, and would allow someone to have the ride of a lifetime, on an athlete of boundless ability and talent.

And thank you- whoever sent the most recent book. You Cothers are definitely all that, and so appreciated!

7 members found this post helpful.

And Kyryder is thrilled to be getting him. I lost my last Saddlebred just three weeks ago, and the barn is a sad place with no Saddlebred living there. I'm getting Woo's stall ready, and working on shipping arrangements -- and looking forward to Saddlebred ears, and Saddlebred smiles and Saddlebred nickers in my barn again -- all the good stuff that come in a Saddlebred package!

15 members found this post helpful.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and I'm so happy for Woo, and Kyryder and you, Izanalter. I understand how tough things are for you, but this match sounds like it was meant to be.
    (I really wanted to jump up and say, "I want him!" when you originally posted him on the Giveaways board, but something held me back - and now, I understand why - he was waiting for Kyryder.)

What an awesome update, on both ends!

I have a mare who I thought was placed, but is going to be looking for a very special home.

Free to an amazing home- Aurora Blue is a fabulous mare who is ridiculously intelligent, and incredibly sweet. She is quiet enough for more novice riders, but is a real treat for any dressage rider looking for a horse who will get in front of you leg, and stay round. She is broke to death- and has limited show miles- she was Reserve Champion at Devon several years ago- and that was her first horse show. MUST wear bar shoes in front- she is barefoot behind- and she does crib. She is happiest living out, but no problem in a stall, with turnout.

I do have some pix of her- this mare was born here, and I adore her. She is wonderful to be around, and sublime to ride.

2 members found this post helpful.

Such great horses and match ups. Though there is much sorrow that prompts these events, what a great example of doing the right thing.

Kudos. ANd God bless.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

2 members found this post helpful.