The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Its just my opinion. Your sarcasm doesn't go very far with me, not sure what you would expect from me by being irate. Threatening suicide on the internet is not new, but very old (previous poster) and often done for attention. I do feel for you and what you have gone through, especially since I went through similar situations myself and certainly don't think I handled it gracefully or well. I did not, however, put it on a bulletin board looking for petting and co-snuffling, which you did do.

I hope you can pick yourself up and move on with grace and fortitude, and I wish the best for your animals which need to be rehomed, which should be all of them, but you have been cagey about them and it looks to me as though you are looking to rehome the oldsters and keep the younger ones. Maybe I am wrong? I just really hope you're not another chanter looking for online followers of drama and free rides, and I do have a right to say it on this BB in particular. In other words, I do hope I am wrong. However, I do have a right to express my concerns, and I tend to do so when money and BB member support is concerned. I just noticed that there were online BB memebers who weren't getting responses from you. I hope you have corrected that and folks wanting to take your horses are being met and shown the horses, now, because it looked very much like they weren't, earlier.

Good luck. Its a hard place to be in, and scary to see yourself out of it. I'm certain you can do it.
    Last edited by Ambitious Kate; Jan. 10, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    I'm certain you are not referring to me, as I have not discussed this with anyone at all, period.
    if I was referring to you, there would be no doubt in your mind.

2 members found this post helpful.

Its just my opinion. Your sarcasm doesn't go very far with me, not sure what you would expect from me by being irate. Threatening suicide on the internet is not new, but very old (previous poster) and often done for attention. I do feel for you and what you have gone through, especially since I went through similar situations myself and certainly don't think I handled it gracefully or well. I did not, however, put it on a bulletin board looking for petting and co-snuffling, which you did do.

I hope you can pick yourself up and move on with grace and fortitude, and I wish the best for your animals which need to be rehomed, which should be all of them, but you have been cagey about them and it looks to me as though you are looking to rehome the oldsters and keep the younger ones. Maybe I am wrong? I just really hope you're not another chanter looking for online followers of drama and free rides, and I do have a right to say it on this BB in particular. In other words, I do hope I am wrong. However, I do have a right to express my concerns, and I tend to do so when money and BB member support is concerned. I just noticed that there were online BB memebers who weren't getting responses from you. I hope you have corrected that and folks wanting to take your horses are being met and shown the horses, now, because it looked very much like they weren't, earlier.

Good luck. Its a hard place to be in, and scary to see yourself out of it. I'm certain you can do it.
    If you know who this is, then you can certainly search her previous posts and KNOW she is not anything like Chanter. Her previous posts have always been sane, and very caring about horses in need, and she has always done her best to try to get the word out about horses needing help.
    Your thoughts on the situation are noted. Now, please go find another thread to be nasty on, and leave this one to people that truly are concerned about someone's welfare.

8 members found this post helpful.

We know that the OP has on numerous occasions on coth pointed out ASBs in need on broker lists and other sites.

So when someone tries to help out needy horses, people should try to help her out when she's in need.

We don't know what OP's mental condition is. We do know that it's not good to challenge her authenticity if she is suicidal. Don't push someone over the cliff if she's in danger of falling; pull her back up!

8 members found this post helpful.

Some things that you learn in first grade stay true forever. Two plus two equals four. Always say please and thank you.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

It's not right to kick somebody when they're down.

Still true.

Best wishes to Iz and her animals, and many thanks to those who are trying to help her.

24 members found this post helpful.

I hope that OP chooses to live. For herself and for her horses and dogs and for the people who care about her.

I just want to say that having had someone I worked with tell me that he was going to commit suicide, and having had him do just that 6 months later, I personally know that some people will go through with it. Not all are seeking someone to prevent their suicide. It happened with a prosecutor working in DA's office in Atlanta. It was documented in the newspapers. I personally got involved and warned people. Everyone laughed at me. So when Don did shoot himself in front of his little son or his son's birthday, everyone said I was right. I'd have rather been wrong.

This thread is to support OP and try to help her out of her difficulties. And to try to get her to seek psychiatric help.

7 members found this post helpful.

This thread is to support OP and try to help her out of her difficulties. And to try to get her to seek psychiatric help.
    exactly. and if you choose not to help, that's your prerogative, absolutely.

just please save those of us who are wanting to help from your negative mean spirited comments.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time Rider View Post
    I don't know Iz, but all I can say is this is the most mean spirited post I have read on this BB! Are you seriously suggesting that someone would threaten suicide on a bulletin board in order to gain attention?
    Putting the specific situation/person aside here and talking generally - are you seriously suggesting someone wouldn't?

People have faked terminal illness, they have faked operations (including posting pictures with faked IV's, surgical dressings, etc), they have faked miscarriages and deaths of loved ones, they have faked their own deaths! For attention on the internets.

Threatening suicide is small potatoes compared to that; unlike faking your own death, it even happens irl with some regularity. Ask any psych or primary care provider.

Honestly, believing that the very idea of someone threatening suicide for attention is somehow beyond the pale is very, very naive.

16 members found this post helpful.

I don't know Iz, but all I can say is this is the most mean spirited post I have read on this BB! Are you seriously suggesting that someone would threaten suicide on a bulletin board in order to gain attention?
    Not speaking to Iz's specific situation, but...um, yep. All the time. There's a reason "GOODBYE CRUEL INTRAWEBS" is practically a meme. And the "now s/he is dead aren't you all sorry" sockpuppets. It is generally best, unless someone (a known non-sockpuppet) can go confirm in the real world that it's true, to maintain a degree of skepticism about internet suicide posts.

And if there IS trouble with people wanting to meet/take the horses, that kinda does need to be addressed, if Iz really needs help so much. (No, I'm not one of the people trying.) Maybe someone physically in the area can facilitate? I'm not remotely close enough but if I were I'd be happy to help with having someone meet the horses, or helping a shipper pick up the placed ones, and I'm SURE I'm not the only one. Even if Iz is really NOT suicidal, and I don't mean posting for sympathy but venting rather than really considering it, desperation is a terrible mental place but it also makes acting on 'final' decisions, like giving up a beloved horse, really hard.

4 members found this post helpful.

The only horse that I have no listed as looking for a home is lame right now with an abcess. I cannot show him to anyone, in this particular condition, and he is the youngest horse I have (at nine in May). He also has substantial issues that may make rehoming him impossible.

The others all have places to go. The list that CA ASB used was from the ASHA site- and it is not correct, as several of those horses have been rehomed, but not transferred by their new owners.

Several of the horses who are leaving are going sight unseen, as they are going to friends who already knew of the horses. So, no appointment necessary. In addition, as I mentioned awhile ago, two have gone to local riding program, and two others had found homes prior to my original posting.

So, for those who do not think that I am making a concerted effort, or have not, this is the best I can tell you. Someone else might do it differently, or **better**. I am doing what I can, and I am being assisted by Angels from all around, including here on COTH. Thanks to those who have shown such kind support- it is truly appreciated!

14 members found this post helpful.

Hang in there Iz...

5 members found this post helpful.

Just in case anyone is curious, Ambitious Kate used to be Another Round.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

7 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the update Iz. I will update my facebook as the link looking for homes is being shared around.

1 members found this post helpful.

What the hell is wrong with people now days? I mean really.... Just another reason why I live where I live, and animals are the bestest friends. Many people just plain suck, more than don't in my book.

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm certain you are not referring to me, as I have not discussed this with anyone at all, period. My eye rolly muscles are tired because the Iz person (and I have no trouble figuring out who her real name is on COTH) is drahmatically insinuating suicide on a public bulletin board. Ther is no danger of her offing herself, if she was going to do that she would just do it and not discuss it. Here, she gets tons of attention. I am also concerned that people who want to see the horses are not getting response, and those making appointments to see the horses are being cancelled.

Myriad people I know, ibncluding me, have been through Isabelle's situation. Its not pretty, its not easy, but those I know, including me, did not take it to a bulletin board nor threaten suicide and then continue to post "such a little trooper" type posts without adressing the concerns and her own previous threats. emotionally manipulative? Absolutely. Suicidal? Not a chance. I've come across many many women like this before. They hold onto what made them dis-eased because climbing out of the situation will put an end to the attention.

Call it what you will, I call it emotional manipulation. My opinion. Sit back and wait. Guarantee you the horses will not be rehomed.
    What exactly did you want to achieve with this post? You've been banned before for failing to check your filter at the door. Didn't you learn anything from that experience?

20 members found this post helpful.

Let's keep this discussion on course, in the aim to help Izanalter. Everyone has the opportunity to express their opinion, though I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Back to helping Izanalter, please!

Thanks, Mod 3

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Putting the specific situation/person aside here and talking generally - are you seriously suggesting someone wouldn't?

People have faked terminal illness, they have faked operations (including posting pictures with faked IV's, surgical dressings, etc), they have faked miscarriages and deaths of loved ones, they have faked their own deaths! For attention on the internets.

Threatening suicide is small potatoes compared to that; unlike faking your own death, it even happens irl with some regularity. Ask any psych or primary care provider.

Honestly, believing that the very idea of someone threatening suicide for attention is somehow beyond the pale is very, very naive.
    Maybe I'm naive, but I would rather respond to someone who is in anguish with kindness and empathy, regardless of their motive. Let's face it, anyone who would post at length about their suicidal thoughts is either depressed and suicidal and/or experiencing emotional pain, regardless of their motive.

22 members found this post helpful.

Maybe I'm naive, but I would rather respond to someone who is in anguish with kindness and empathy, regardless of their motive. Let's face it, anyone who would post at length about their suicidal thoughts is either depressed and suicidal and/or experiencing emotional pain, regardless of their motive.
    Well said, PTR. Very well said.

3 members found this post helpful.

How nice. You want a cookie? We're all out of "I did it ALL BY MYSELF!!11eleventy!" medals.

I've kept myself off of these threads as I have no real way of helping and, perhaps more importantly, am currently rebuilding my life after going through a distressingly similar experience. This rekindles a lot of still smoldering pain in me.

This is too damn gross to ignore.

Your whole post, but the bolded in particular. I posted my suffering on the internets for pets and co-snuffling. I'd be dead right now if I hadn't.

I was out of IRL folks to turn to, or at least felt that I was. Talking was hard; typing was easy. The co-snufflers and petters I reached out to saved my life, plain and simple. They propped me up, replied thoughtfully and intelligently, and gave me a "job" to do- I had to check in, and I did, and it gave me an island in a seemingly infinite sea of misery.

Of course people "fake" it, but it's not hurting a damned thing to assume someone isn't, and you may very well contribute in some small way to saving that life.

OP, I wish I had sage words. I can tell you that two years out from my own life crumbling, I am the happiest I have been in my adult life. It's pretty cool. Some things still rub raw and probably always will, but life as a whole is a darned beautiful, strange, surreal place, and I'm incredibly glad I stuck with it. It's worth it. I wish you the very best in your travels forward. I am sending you all the good juju I have. Lean on it when you need, and keep going forward.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

24 members found this post helpful.

forgive me my ignorance....what are The co-snufflers and petters