The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

I was able to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by CA ASB View Post
    I have asked multiple times (including starting the other thread) for the list of horses, and had not gotten an answer, so was just inquiring again.
    There is a list posted in this thread - post #48.

Thanks. However I am fairly certain that there between 10 and 14 either registered to, or owned by her that are there.

4 members found this post helpful.

I can see them gabby, if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    hmmmm, I made it public??
    I can see it too gabby
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Seen and shared!

Me too. Soxy is pretty sexy!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Is it just me or is this not strange?

I mean there are countless number of COTHER's worried about this person and finally when iza responds there is not much concern for how worried and helpful others have been.

People here thought iza was at the end.....and did so much to reach out.....then iza responds with..... being at work and a cop called......so no real worries...

I guess I'm frustrated b/c If I reached out in the way iza did.....I'd have been so very low.....but so thankful for the help and Cother's calling police etc.....

I don't know but something just doesn't fit?

Am I the only one who feels this way?
    No, you're not the only one.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

11 members found this post helpful.

Ever become numb from the emotional pain that you are going thru? Sometimes, that is the only way to exist and go forward. We all react differently, and I know this has been pretty damn humbling for Iz. I suggest that we focus on the horses so that Iz can focus on herself. Sorry to be a crapapple, but in dealing with a crisis, maybe it is best to focus on that which we CAN, rather than seeking a pat on the back for posting.

19 members found this post helpful.

seriously!!

3 members found this post helpful.

Everybody wants to help. Please focus on finding quality homes for the horses Iz has listed. That will be something that CAN be DONE and will help Iz the most right now - as she has asked!

3aday, unfortunately, not everyone does want to help. We have some busybodies as well - who under the guise of "help" are really interfering more than helping. FYI, for those busybodies who are spreading some lovely gossip, I have had multiple discussions regarding all of the horses with Iz and the focus of this list is the four that are here and are now shown on gabby.gator's album on FB. If you want to do your part, continue to share that album.

7 members found this post helpful.

Default add a URL

BTW I hope when Iz checks in again that we will get an update on if she has consulted an attorney with regard to a possible medical malpractice suit. I also did a quick search on PA common law marriages, and according to this reference, http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...aws-31660.html
    yes it does and she and her ex may fit the requirements to be considered married. That may really change things for her, possibly for the better, so I really, really hope anyone who is in touch with her will strongly urge her to see an attorney ASAP.

I noticed in the giveaways area that apparently 2 horses have found homes, and as CA ASB mentioned elsewhere/earlier there are probably more that need to be rehomed. It would be good if an updated list could be put somewhere? Kudos to gabby and CA ASB for posting the info on FB!
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, right. A medical malpractice suit. That ought to make IZ's life so much better.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    Yeah, right. A medical malpractice suit. That ought to make IZ's life so much better.
    If she wins and gets lots of mony as a result, certainly it could. Those types of cases are normally on a contingent fee basis, from what I have read. If you did not read the backgrounder on the Off Topic thread, go read it, as it seems to me she has a case. I am not an attorney but other people on that thread mentioned that helpfully, and I agree it is worth looking into.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

I hope she is feeling a little lighter as some of the load is lifted, and is getting some mental/emotional support now as well. I will keep praying for a healthy, happy outcome for her and her beasties. I know how hard it is to be in such a place, believe me.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Quote Originally Posted by CA ASB View Post
    3aday, unfortunately, not everyone does want to help. We have some busybodies as well - who under the guise of "help" are really interfering more than helping. FYI, for those busybodies who are spreading some lovely gossip, I have had multiple discussions regarding all of the horses with Iz and the focus of this list is the four that are here and are now shown on gabby.gator's album on FB. If you want to do your part, continue to share that album.
    I'm certain you are not referring to me, as I have not discussed this with anyone at all, period. My eye rolly muscles are tired because the Iz person (and I have no trouble figuring out who her real name is on COTH) is drahmatically insinuating suicide on a public bulletin board. Ther is no danger of her offing herself, if she was going to do that she would just do it and not discuss it. Here, she gets tons of attention. I am also concerned that people who want to see the horses are not getting response, and those making appointments to see the horses are being cancelled.

Myriad people I know, ibncluding me, have been through Isabelle's situation. Its not pretty, its not easy, but those I know, including me, did not take it to a bulletin board nor threaten suicide and then continue to post "such a little trooper" type posts without adressing the concerns and her own previous threats. emotionally manipulative? Absolutely. Suicidal? Not a chance. I've come across many many women like this before. They hold onto what made them dis-eased because climbing out of the situation will put an end to the attention.

Call it what you will, I call it emotional manipulation. My opinion. Sit back and wait. Guarantee you the horses will not be rehomed.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    I'm certain you are not referring to me, as I have not discussed this with anyone at all, period. My eye rolly muscles are tired because the Iz person (and I have no trouble figuring out who her real name is on COTH) is drahmatically insinuating suicide on a public bulletin board. Ther is no danger of her offing herself, if she was going to do that she would just do it and not discuss it. Here, she gets tons of attention. I am also concerned that people who want to see the horses are not getting response, and those making appointments to see the horses are being cancelled.

Myriad people I know, ibncluding me, have been through Isabelle's situation. Its not pretty, its not easy, but those I know, including me, did not take it to a bulletin board nor threaten suicide and then continue to post "such a little trooper" type posts without adressing the concerns and her own previous threats. emotionally manipulative? Absolutely. Suicidal? Not a chance. I've come across many many women like this before. They hold onto what made them dis-eased because climbing out of the situation will put an end to the attention.

Call it what you will, I call it emotional manipulation. My opinion. Sit back and wait. Guarantee you the horses will not be rehomed.
    I don't know Iz, but all I can say is this is the most mean spirited post I have read on this BB! Are you seriously suggesting that someone would threaten suicide on a bulletin board in order to gain attention?

7 members found this post helpful.

Thumbs down And where did you get your psychology degree?

Umm.. it is simply not true that people don't talk about suicide if they are actually planning to do it. Further, your negativity might find a better outlet elsewhere. She is going through a tough time, I don't see how getting some support from those on the board who can empathize with her situation is a bad thing. I don't know her, I live across the country, but I can understand how bad things can feel to someone facing her problems. So, basically if you can't say something positive, or provide proof rather than insinuations, go post on something else. You certainly sound like a little therapy could go a long way to help you develop empathy for your fellow humans. Flame suit on, I am not too depressed to reply to your nastiness.
    Second place is first loser.

10 members found this post helpful.

Golly, Kate, you seem to know much more about this than I do!

First, and foremost, I want to congratulate you on navigating circumstances exactly like mine, in a far better way than I have been able to. I am obviously not coping as well with things as you were able to, and I am sorry if my sharing my feelings was distasteful for you. I am also sorry if you doubt my sincerity. I am profoundly amazed at your extensive experience, I must admit, because although I have been around the block, I would not have been able to see this coming, for me.

But, the major thing that I'd like to address is your complete fabrication about me cancelling any appointments to show horses. No one, that would be not one person, had attempted to schedule anything, until I received an email this afternoon- that I responded to when I got home from work, just now- and I have replied to that person.

You may have your very experienced sage professional advice on all of this. That, in and of itself, puts you into another category from where I am, for sure.

But don't you ever, ever call me a liar, or insinuate that I am not working to place my horses into the best possible sitations unless you can come at me with real. solid. facts. and real. actual. names.

Because the horses are the most important thing in all of this. And regardless of what you think my plans are, they need to find homes.

Period.

Carry on.

16 members found this post helpful.