The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Is it just me or is this not strange?...
    Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but I do NOT feel the way you do about this.
    She explained her situation. I think any rational person - me, you, anybody else - would likely feel depressed under such adverse conditions.
    She doesn't need to justify anything to me. And that includes just coming on here acting "as if nothing happened". Who am I to judge unless I've walked in her shoes?!
    Depression and hormonal issues do funny things to people. Criticizing them when they're down doesn't exactly help them.
    COTH is big on conspiracy theories and train wrecks. She sounds absolutely sincere to me and she is clearly going through a hard time. I'm grateful people are helping out. Hopefully when you or I need help, we have people around us to lean on.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by arabiansrock View Post
    Im sorry but I don't think this poster has much experience with people with depression or hormone disorders. Iz made her intentions clear, then well meaning people called 911 on her. Now she knows that this forum is not going to just be a listening ear, but try to help also. My guess is that she does not want help (in the form of avoiding suicide), so she has decided to put on the bold front here and continue with her plans for settling her affairs. That way she avoids another call from the authorities.

If anyone is close and able to actually stop in to see her, I think that would be great. I am in Calif so not at all close, but if I was, I would be very tempted to drop by with cookies and cocoa. Chocolate solves all problems (at least temporarily) supposedly.

Frankly this situation has me terrified for Iz, as I think the people who are most likely to follow thru on suicide are the ones who can be calm, and competent, and look like they are carrying on when down inside the planning continues. And I have no great suggestions for how to convince her that staying in this world is better. Does she have any family who can come together for an intervention? She is TOO CALM in her recent posts. JMHO.
    This is very true, I hope she has people who are calling and or visting everyday For the person who suggested she get off the farm and take a horse or two so that she can put some distance and a different environment, I really hope that can happen because that will help enormously.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

3 members found this post helpful.

Is it just me or is this not strange?

I mean there are countless number of COTHER's worried about this person and finally when iza responds there is not much concern for how worried and helpful others have been.

People here thought iza was at the end.....and did so much to reach out.....then iza responds with..... being at work and a cop called......so no real worries...

I guess I'm frustrated b/c If I reached out in the way iza did.....I'd have been so very low.....but so thankful for the help and Cother's calling police etc.....

I don't know but something just doesn't fit?

I am sorry if you did not feel that I was appreciative of the kindness that has been shown here. I did mention it at the beginning of my post. It is not easy to be effusive, right now, about much of anything. However, I have responded to the PMs that I have received.

I have been honest about my situation, and my feelings. That is pretty much the best I can do.

31 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by arabiansrock View Post
    Im sorry but I don't think this poster has much experience with people with depression or hormone disorders. Iz made her intentions clear, then well meaning people called 911 on her. Now she knows that this forum is not going to just be a listening ear, but try to help also. My guess is that she does not want help (in the form of avoiding suicide), so she has decided to put on the bold front here and continue with her plans for settling her affairs. That way she avoids another call from the authorities.

If anyone is close and able to actually stop in to see her, I think that would be great. I am in Calif so not at all close, but if I was, I would be very tempted to drop by with cookies and cocoa. Chocolate solves all problems (at least temporarily) supposedly.

Frankly this situation has me terrified for Iz, as I think the people who are most likely to follow thru on suicide are the ones who can be calm, and competent, and look like they are carrying on when down inside the planning continues. And I have no great suggestions for how to convince her that staying in this world is better. Does she have any family who can come together for an intervention? She is TOO CALM in her recent posts. JMHO.
    Ditto this. I've had some PM's but after them, I don't feel satisfied that she is no longer in danger of suicide. I feel like she is still proceeding as before.
    I almost worry that if people help her place the horses, then her loose ends will be tied up, and she can proceed as planned. But on the other hand, placing the horses will help financially.
    I am at a loss of what to do for help. I just hope she will see a DR and if money is an issue to do it, that she will either go to the ER, planned parenthood (who can deal with menopause/hormone issues, or reach out to those of us who have said we'd help with a Dr's bill/prescription if needed.

8 members found this post helpful.

Is it just me or is this not strange?

I mean there are countless number of COTHER's worried about this person and finally when iza responds there is not much concern for how worried and helpful others have been.

People here thought iza was at the end.....and did so much to reach out.....then iza responds with..... being at work and a cop called......so no real worries...

I guess I'm frustrated b/c If I reached out in the way iza did.....I'd have been so very low.....but so thankful for the help and Cother's calling police etc.....

I don't know but something just doesn't fit?

blech to you............... my mother always told me "there are some thoughts that go thru your mind that should never come out from behind your teeth" and this is one of them!

and IMO, cuz I've BTDT, IZ is NOT out of the woods yet, and we should all continue our efforts of support, in all shapes and sizes, whether OR NOT she has taken any steps on her own yet to seek out medical help, know why?? cuz sometimes you have to carry someone until their legs are strong enough to take that first step on their own!

29 members found this post helpful.

I would like to reitterate that I very much appreciate the concern that has been expressed here. I have had a number of people reach out, and share their stories, and that is really touching and kind, as well.

I have no real idea what I was doing posting on here to begin with. I was simply so far down, and I feel better when I write, and I am naive enough to believe that no one would realize who I was, let alone take any action. I wasn't looking for an active response. This is not **your** problem, these problems are mine, and I need to address them. There has been alot of attention drawn to my original post (16K hits and counting) but nothing has actually changed. All of the issues still exist in exactly the same form as they did on Christmas day. That is just where it is. While I deeply appreciate the kind thoughts that have been expressed, this just is what it is.

To respond to some of the comments- no, I have not been visited by anyone, other than my boarders, and my phone number isn't public. I have not received any mail from anyone from here. The two people from here who said that they would take a horse have vanished. I have not solicited any money, goods or services from anyone, and I do not intend to.

One way or the other, the horses need to be rehomed. If I am to try and rebuild here, which currently appears impossible, or attempt to move forward in any fashion whatsoever, I need to do so with these horses placed in safe homes. My options are limited.

3 members found this post helpful.

Hey Iz, good to hear from you. Don't apologize, or feel you have to explain yourself to the likes of Noodles. You know, there's one in every crowd

Wish I could do more than just sit down here in TX and hope things get better for you. At least know that lots of people are thinking about you.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Iz, when is your appointment with the HRT doctor?
    Last edited by luvmytbs; Jan. 6, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

1 members found this post helpful.

Iz - I called and left two VMs from Tahoe. Did you receive them?

2 members found this post helpful.

CA ASB- I did receive one message from you, and thank you so much for your kindness and concern. I did not realize that you were in Tahoe- have a great time!!

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    I would like to reitterate that I very much appreciate the concern that has been expressed here. I have had a number of people reach out, and share their stories, and that is really touching and kind, as well.

... . There has been alot of attention drawn to my original post (16K hits and counting) but nothing has actually changed. All of the issues still exist in exactly the same form as they did on Christmas day. That is just where it is. While I deeply appreciate the kind thoughts that have been expressed, this just is what it is.

To respond to some of the comments- no, I have not been visited by anyone, other than my boarders, and my phone number isn't public. I have not received any mail from anyone from here. The two people from here who said that they would take a horse have vanished. I have not solicited any money, goods or services from anyone, and I do not intend to.

One way or the other, the horses need to be rehomed. ....
    Izanalter, I really hope the two get back in touch with you about the horses. Are rescue groups an option, either all breed or breed specific?

I sense your deep appreciation of all the kind thoughts sent your way but am sorry that little has materially changed in your situation. I really hope you will seek HRT and/or antidepressants or some sort of intervention to help you over the hump (mountain?). Please do pursue that actively and also I am sure you will feel better if you can place a few more of your animals.
    Last edited by Rallycairn; Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

Was in Tahoe, so was concerned about cell phone reception/connection as I was not getting incoming calls while there - so wasn't sure if outbound were registering. Glad to see one did. Continued to Vegas for UPHA awards (Ruxer). Now home again.

Iz, please go see the Dr to discuss HRT and/or depression meds. Speaking from experience you can have really good days, so-so days and really bad days. The meds can help to even out everything.

Hugs and prayers to you.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Going to deal with some practical aspects that I know of. One COTHer is posting some horses on FB that are getting some interest.

Iz, if you will release him, Soxy has a home in Minnesota with Mary, who you know well.
    The person you have been talking to since October regarding Romantico is just waiting for you to release him and she will take him to KY.

There is transportation available that can reach as far as Iowa. It is arriving this Sunday. Up to 4 horses can go back. Gabby.Gator will have the info on the shipper (soon).

I think I read that you placed Beau. Correct? What about Marble? What about his son? Did Mimi already leave?

People are stepping up. Let us help. We can't fix the internal, but we can relieve some of the stress.

6 members found this post helpful.

CA ASB- thanks so mcuh for your help! You may not have seen the list of horses that I am currently looking for homes for. You mention some that are not on the list. Please bear in mind that I am currently looking for homes for horses that are on the list.

I believe that Mary lives in Wisconsin- unless you have another Mary? And I have chatted with her about two possibilities. Thanks!

Should you have any questions as to the dispostion of any of the others, please feel free to PM me. I am trying very hard to focus on the group I have listed here.

I had not heard anything about the shipping- perhaps someone can PM me information about that, as well as prospective homes along that route.

Thank you so much for all of your help, COTHers! It is appreciated!!

I'm here working from my end. I hope all the ends meet.

Wisconsin is what I meant. I was typing too fast. I have asked multiple times (including starting the other thread) for the list of horses, and had not gotten an answer, so was just inquiring again. You have stated previously that you needed to find homes for all or risk euthing some of the older/pasture pets, so I could only go off of my memory (sketchy) and the ones I know are registered to you or have been with you recently.

Please let us know if you are intending to keep some or not, and exactly how many that you have. I have seen two sets of photos that have gone out with no IDs attached to them, and then names that don't add up to the number of photos.

I realize that this is due to the stress you are under. We are just trying to help.

8 members found this post helpful.

I can't post photos here, but would be happy to pm or email the photos, descriptions that I have on my FB page, or you can go here::

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4794674&type=1

I also know they are being shared off my page, so there is interest this way,,,,,, now to just get someone to committ!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Page unavailable.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to take in any more animals as my own small herd is soaking up all available cash. But I will share the info around.

Izanalter, you have my prayers and best wishes for healing and a better future. As everyone has already noted, hormone replacement therapy is crucial to your recovery. BTDT, vitamins and good nutrition are also vital.

~~~~~~BIG HUGS~~~~~~~ from someone who has walked in your moccasins and survived.

HRMT

HRMT

hmmmm, I made it public??