The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

not that I know of, still waiting for updates......

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    I've pm'd back anyone who pm'd me :-)

I have emailed the officer I spoke with, but have not heard back....

sorry I was MIA, I had to pick the hubs up from the hospital, he's home, YAY!!!!

I think, if you know her in real life, and you are able, please, stop by her place, get anyone you can involved....... I really do not feel we are over reacting, so I do not feel we could over step......
    He may also be limited in what he can tell you. Privacy issues.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Gosh I hope there is an update soon...
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

There is the possibility she has landed in a psych ward. I sure hope someone is taking care of her dogs or she will truly lose her mind.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Saw the thread and will keep watching here for updates ...

I live half an hour away if the address posted in the OT day thread is correct. I do not know Izanalter but am happy to help if I can. Anyone who knows her please send me a pm.

6 members found this post helpful.

That's a great offer icw579. And a hard one as well. I'm praying she is under some sort of care right now, which might be the main reason as to why she hasn't posted. As far as any of us knows, she still has some critters under her care, and she truly seems like the type of bieng that would not leave them under the circumstances.

Has anybody had any contact with her at all? Pm...phone call, etc? Please pm me if you can. I'm just sick about this

As a side note, my favorite aunt whom i was extremly close to, had a complete hysterectomy at age 40. And she literally had no follow up care, and within six and a half, seven months she had transformed into a person I could not recognize. She had 'gone off the rails' so to speak and ended up taking her life as a result. This was a woman who knew how to go there and get things done and was the anchor who held it all together and then some.

It was a huge eye opener for me regarding chemical and hormonal imbalances when faced with a drastic change within the female body. This type of removal surgery can not be taken lightly. Information, follow up care and hormone replacement therapy is so crucial within the first year.

And this is what I fear with Iz, along with her other problems that are compounding within and around her.

Just as an FYI, I wanted to let you know that her regular COTH name last activity was last night, Jan 2 at 7:15 pm.
    I love cats, I love every single cat....
    So anyway I am a cat lover
    And I love to run.

Thanks Beethoven. Then she knows that people here are trying to help her. And place her horses. CA ASB sounds great!

Iza, people who live near you are willing to foster if you want that.

I continue to receive pm's asking about IZ, and have been pointing them all to this thread, and to her other posts in the giveaways forum, if they are looking to help by taking in one of her horses...

warms my heart that so many folks are ready and willing to go physically to her place, and I truly hope and pray that she will let us help her

IZ!!! check in, please!

2 members found this post helpful.

I've never met IZ, but I read her blog frequently when I owned a Saddlebred. I am too far to foster a horse, but I'd be happy to share the word about placing horses with the Maine group if that's what she wants. Although I didn't post on it, I followed the OT thread; it made me so sad to read how "low" she feels because IZ has so much of value to share.

So, IZ, I hope you are reading; please know that your reach extends to those who don't even know you in person. I hope you are getting the help you need.

Thank you to all of you for your concern. I have received some wonderful pms, and it is really kind of each of you to reach out with your experiences and suggestions.

For the record, no, I am not incarcerated, but I did receive a phone call at work. I believe that the fact that I was AT work seem to satisfy the caller.

As an example of the kind of crap I am dealing with, let me share this...I co-own two horses with a former BFF. She has not paid a dime on them since 12.2000. I have worked them, trained them, and loved and cared for them these many years- and she has never so much as visited them. She did claim that I had gotten rid of one of them at one point, but then, I guess she is blind because you can see the horse from the street.

In any event, I had a mutual friend contact her, and ask her if she might want the one horse- she had always said THAT was the one she wanted. Apparently, she said no, she could not afford to take on the horse, of course she also mentioned that she didn't want an older horse (this one is early teens) and that if she did take the horse, she would euth it. My friend who contacted her has had horses here with me- I just sent one home to her- and also told the ex bff that the horses are all in wonderful shape (they are).

Crazy ex bff then contacted two rescues, told them that I was not taking care of the horses, and that they needed homes. Apparently, when she told them who it was that had the horses, she got her ass reemed, because they both know me, and I used to sit on the BOD of one of them, and was a founding member. She then must have driven by, because she called them back and told them that the horses all seem to have hay (and they also get fed twice per day, but I digress). So, rather than actually DO something useful, she decided to try and cause me every bit of aggravation that she possibly could. Nice.

At some point in all of this, she also threatened to have the cops go with her, and take a trailer, and pick up the horses. The ones she doesn't want, and claims she cannot afford.

Oh, and the horses are still here.

As an aside, she tried to buy a two year old that a student of mine ended up purchasing, earlier last year. The colt was priced at $7500. I guess she can afford to buy a prospect that she wants, but not help to care for horses she claims she owns. Even her attorney admits that she doesn't own them, but you cannot fix stupid, or apparently crazy.

So, I am still here having fun. However, I did want you all to know that your kind thoughts are appreciated.

10 members found this post helpful.

Thank you, but I am not looking to point the finger at anyone else- I am perfectly willing to accept my share of blame for the loss of my relationship. I would not characterize my current feelings as trying to do something to myself to get him, but you are welcome to your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by izanalter View Post
    Thank you, but I am not looking to point the finger at anyone else- I am perfectly willing to accept my share of blame for the loss of my relationship. I would not characterize my current feelings as trying to do something to myself to get him, but you are welcome to your opinions.
    Glad to hear you have some bite left in you!

Keep in touch!

(besides we didn't think 'incarcerated' though a psych ward sure resembles the slammer, just...well, guarded)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

As someone who has been through a fair share of crap lately, I wanted to point a few things out...

- Telling someone who is depressed, and or in the midst of grieving to "put on their big girl panties and suck it up" is not a help or an encouragement. It would be like me putting my 2 year old in a swimming pool, with out a life jacket, and screaming at her to "Swim!!"

- Just because someone's perception of their situation may not be spot on, it doesn't make it any less painful for them. Their reality is their reality.

- Grieving is a very personal thing. Just because you have been trained in XXXX or have dealt with ZZZZ does NOT mean that you know how YYYY feels, or even how to handle their situation.

- Trying to "one up" someone who is in a crappy situation, also does not help. Pain is pain, and it always hurts.

- Most people in pain, or grieving do not reach out. Do you know how many times I have called someone after my husband died, and said "Hey, can you help me with_____?" None. DO I need help? All the time, but to be honest, most of the time I feel to overwhelmed to even ask.

- Most folks who feel like they are at the end of their rope, are just totally overwhelmed. so anything you can do to help simplify their life, or lighten their load, really does help.

- even something as simple as a home cooked meal, or a card in the mail can be enough to remind the person that there is always Hope.

29 members found this post helpful.

I think it's probably good for IZ to have a safe place to vent without being judged. That ex-BFF seems like a real pain. Enough of people like that can surely put a dent in your attitude. A friend of mine had a similar situation and finally took out a lien on the horses and finally sold them.

IZ, glad to hear you are hanging in there. I'm pretty far away and can't take a horse but PM me if there is anything else I can do for you.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I hope you can find some help and regain happiness in your life. You have already made a huge step forward by reaching out.

I lost someone very close to me last week due to suicide. He never reached out to anyone. Please do not even consider it as an option. The pain I am feeling is unimaginable and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It is worse then any other passing because all your friends and family will be left asking why and feeling guilt over your last moments being sad and alone.

I really hope you can find help and pull through this. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me, life is worth the fight. I hope you can find some homes for your horses, not so you don't have to leave them behind, but because it would be a huge weight off your shoulders so you are able to rebuild yourself and your life.

4 members found this post helpful.

Glad to hear you're ok, Iz....Sounds like you have alot of little strings flying around you either need to cut or tie up. Cut the ones that mean little anymore (the ex-bff and sorts), help your ponies, and let other things take care of themselves.

I wish we could all get together and send you on a month's vacation to 'do nothing/care nothing land' so you could unravel....breathe, just breathe....

Your horses are LOVE-ER-LY! Your contributions to their kind are enormous!
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

IZ, I do not know what help I can offer but I am only about 2 hours from you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me no matter what time it is, I am here and I will do whatever I can to help you.
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.