I've applied to a school i'm pretty excited to attend in September.
Last month I submitted my online application and within a half hour the director called me and we spoke for a long time.
He seemed pretty psyched at my application and said I would hear a yes i'm in or nope i'm not from them in June.
I'm really having a hard time waiting that long, as if I don't get in that doesn't leave me a lot of time to make a different plan. And i'm the type who needs a plan of action, not having one makes me kind of (very) anxious.
I thought I would send him a copy of my resume with a brief note or letter to keep me in his 'sights' I guess.
Lol, i'm even thinking of sending him a treat or poem or something for the office staff to give me an 'edge' if that's even a thing at this place.
(when I was at Seventh Generation we had dozens of applicants for a position--the guy who got it sent the HR staff a Ben and Jerry cake with his face on it--very creative and they wanted his playfulness and determination for the job)
is that dumb or smart or just me being impatient?!
They may have an application deadline that has not happened yet so they are waiting for all applications to get in before making their decisions. Do you know if there is a cut off? If there is and it hasn't occurred then wait. If you don't know if there is a cut off for the application process, then send a short email asking the what the application cut off is. Once you know the cut off then proceed from there. If it has passed, then send a short email inquiry asking about your application and indicate that you are trying to make living arrangements (or what ever) should you be accepted; or something to that effect. Good luck!
"My treasures do not chink or gleam, they glitter in the sun and neigh at night."
But don't be pushy about the fact that you need to make living arrangements. You were told June. They have no obligation to give you any information prior to that.
And definitely don't send "treats" to the office or something like that, it's brown-nosing at best and seems very desperate at worst.
I understand how much waiting stinks, but if you were told June, don't expect to hear anything before June - and I think continually throwing yourself in front of an admissions committee is not going to be beneficial. JMHO.
You can still have a plan of action, or even 2 in this case. 1 for if you are admitted, which is great, and 1 for if you are not.
Ok, thanks. You are so right about the waiting!
The school provides housing and I haven't been told of or read anywhere about an application deadline, so I suppose I will have to tough it out.
My second best plan is to house sit and the ones I am interested in are require tremendous advance planning. For instance I would love to apply for one in Britain for September, another in Scotland for the last few weeks of October and yet another in Greece in December.
Arranging all of that travel and legal and financial stuff will be very time consuming, and most of the adverts for long term sitters make plans months ahead, so the lead time is important.
So back to the school--sigh--ok, no bribes.
How about sending my resume with a note saying how much I am looking forward to September?
Still too pushy?
Yup, what awa said. I worked in the psychology department office where I went to grad school and saw the applications process in action. You've sent your application in, and now it's time to simply wait and let things take their course.