The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB Bloodline help

Hi I am looking at this mare, and want to use her as a hunter/jumper broodmare. Was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about her bloodlines.

Thanks!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/littleoldladywho

Very nice! That Damascus sire line gives you a tail male to Teddy, which is fairly unusual these days. Double Graustark is excellent. Raja Baba is a wonderful influence for sport, although I believe he's better known for producing eventers.

You do have three doses of Ribot--two through Graustark and one through Tom Rolfe. Ribot was super nutty. I don't think there's much out there to suggest line breeding on him increases your chances of a nutty or quirky horse, but it's always something I do keep in mind when looking at one.

You also have a solid amount of Blue Larkspur in the horse, which is excellent for a jumper and not particularly common.

Photos?

1 members found this post helpful.

I like her a lot, and her pedigree. Raja Baba as simkie mentioned, but also inbred to My Babu, Bold Ruler (Nasrullah) with Royal Charger, Princequillo...
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

stonevali-- is she still at the Louisiana Horse Rescue? I was seriously trying to work out bringing her to Georgia a year or so ago, but (personal) things came up and I had to pass her by. I absolutely drooled over her pedigree. She would be an excellent addition to anyone's sport horse broodmare band. I hope you get her! Please keep us posted, I'd love to know that she finally went to a good home.
    I firmly believe that the term "Come here, you little piece of shit" was coined by a horse person chasing an errant poop ball around a stall.

2 members found this post helpful.

She actually looks alot like Graustark, who I adored! He was a super broodmare sire also. Don't forget the Alibhai from his damline, a wonderful plus. I wouldn't worry about the Ribot, he's not that close and brings alot of positive as well. Good luck with her -- have you picked a stallion?
    PennyG

Realrush89 yes she is still there. I am trying to find a time to go and see her. Also I'm so glad everyone likes her! I'll keep y'all updated on who I pick, but I haven't decided just yet. I can't wait to get her and give her a great final home!

Also forgot to say thanks for helping everyone!

FWIW Eastern Echo has also produced some good steeplechase horses.

Stonevali - she is very nice and she has a really neat, older pedigree that isn't so common. Keep us posted!

Just want to update everyone. I went to see her today, and will be picking her up before monday or tuesday!! I am thinking about Ralando, sir calleto, or don alfredo. I'll update pics when I pick her up and bring her home!!!

Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear she's finally going to a good home. Congrats and good luck with her!
    I firmly believe that the term "Come here, you little piece of shit" was coined by a horse person chasing an errant poop ball around a stall.

Quote Originally Posted by realrush89 View Post
    Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear she's finally going to a good home. Congrats and good luck with her!
    great news! She is a lovely mare and deserves a good home. Very best of luck to you both.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!