The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: What catagory fits what you do?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Service Worker (restaurant, customer care, retail)

16 9.25%
  • Blue Collar (truck driver, mechanic, construction)

9 5.20%
  • Education, Medical (not to include doctors or PhDs in Education)

53 30.64%
  • Production Manager or Supervisor (mid level management for service and blue coller jobs)

5 2.89%
  • Office staff/Administration

32 18.50%
  • Management or Supervisor for Office staff/Administration

10 5.78%
  • Upper Management (corporate or non/not for profit, operations managers, etc.)

13 7.51%
  • Executive or Corporate level Management (CEO, CFO, COO, VP,Director, etc.)

12 6.94%
  • Doctor, any PhD catagory to include education.

23 13.29%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Molecular biologist with graduate degree working at a major university.

1 members found this post helpful.

Self-employed financial planner.

Student, business owner (I bake and create organic grain free dog treats), and I run a friend's organic sprouted bread company, I do everything but bake the bread.

I ticked CEO since I am the boss!

2 members found this post helpful.

I am Lead Signalman for CSX transportation (railroad)
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

7 members found this post helpful.

I'm not sure what category I would fit in, but I'm the Sustainability and Internal Operations Project Coordinator for an organic food company. I love it!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

I love hearing what other people do!
    I'm a business analyst, currently focused on implementing an ERP software package at a small manufacturing company.

I didn't vote in the poll because while I'm technically in management I don't feel like I fit into any of those categories - it's more of a technical/consulting type of job.

I have dual degrees in business and design. For several years I sold real estate until my son was born.2.5 years ago I went back to school to study permanent make-up!
    I'm finally able to do something artistic and make money at it. Ilive near a pretty wealthy client base so I've been able to keep pretty busy -my work season coincides with my ride season so it's a juggle.

I landscape. So I guess blue collar? It's also service oriented, since you have to deal so much with pleasing the absurdly wealthy, lol.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

I am a special education teacher at a high school. I do like my work, especially at the school where I am now, but the required paperwork is a very large part of the job that I'm not so thrilled with. I do consider myself very lucky, however, to have work that I generally like, fairly good job security and good benefits.
    "The captive bolt is not a proper tool for slaughter of equids they regain consciousness 30 seconds after being struck fully aware they are being vivisected." Dr Friedlander DVM & frmr Chief USDA Insp

I didn't check anything off, I'm a self employed "professional" quilter! :-) I make and sell quilts, and I have a large commercial sized machine that I use to do the fancy stitching on others' quilt tops...... love what I do.

Another student here, graduated with a B.Sc. in Agricultural Science, doing an M.Sc. in Vaccine Therapy and applying for DVM. One day I'll have a grown up job....

Dairy goat farm and cheese facility manager and on site employee.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

Executive assistant to the CEO of a startup that is working on a cure for a specific type of cancer.

I do that from home - my other job is stall mucker, horse feeder, rider, groom, hoof trimmer, cook, house cleaner, errand runner, laundry doer, etc.!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Military doc.

Most such lists have agriculture as one option, as it doesn't fit exactly others, being a mix of several.

I am semi-retired now, but a horse trainer/instructor, licensed at some tracks, ran our breeding and training operation, that was part of a larger, diverse business.
    Part of what we did was in field testing of pharmaceuticals and biologicals for different companies.
    I would say a working ranch/farm manager and wildlife preserve manager, as we also have been a wildlife preserve since the mid 1950's.

I have loved any and all I have ever worked with and on.

Retired now, in my previous life, I was a program administration/product area administrator for government defense and nuclear power plant contracts, moved on to an accounting manager, took a long time off raising my daughter, went back to work as a business manager/marketing manager for a gymnastics center. Throw in working towards a masters in computer science in the middle too.

I'm retired now (downsized to one boarder), was volunteering (full time) with a dog rescue until the drama queens got to me a couple of weeks ago.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I'm a stay at home mom, thus I hold a CEO position.

4 members found this post helpful.

Realtor and love my job!

My title is "formulation chemist" but I'm not a Ph.D. (I hate being called a chemist since I don't have the doctorate but that's the title and they won't change it). I work in toxicology R&D. In a nutshell if you need to dose a compound at certain concentrations and route(s) of administration just give it to me, I'll figure out how to do it. My favorite thing to do at work is take insoluble (in water) compounds and figure out how to get them into solutions that can be easily administered IV. Yeah, I'm strange like that.

3 members found this post helpful.

I work on a research project and wear a few hats: writer, editor, librarian, process maven, cat herder. No category for my job!