The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Year Round Aiken Board

Friend is moving to Aiken. Lower level eventer looking for year round boarding with possibly lit rings for evening rides. Or any place that allows you to bring in your own trainer for lessons.

I don't know year round places besides the big name farms to relay. Please if you do and contact info let me know.

I know of...

Full Gallop Farm
    Jumping Branch Farm
    Paradise Farm
    Sporting Days
    Pine Top Farm
    Stable on the Woods

Thank you for all your help!
    DragonTea

Hands down I'd be at Paradise Farm for year round boarding - here's why: the XC course, the XC course, and Barbie Reeser is so OCD about horse care. The footing at Paradise is possibly the best on the east coast - between Tremaine and Lellie the XC fences are safe, but also going to teach you and your horse. My OTTB was at Paradise for 10 months while my neck was broken and I was getting strong enough physically to bring him home and ride again. Now horse care - to this DAY, Barbie takes over when I bring Rasta to Paradise because nothing I do is good enough - and damn if she isn't right! (and I am very OCD) Stalls are deeply bedded, horses checked constantly, owner on premises... Now, here's the icing on the cake - Lellie Ward is a genius. Yes, you can bring in your own trainer....LUCKY YOU to get to put your horse in Aiken!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

There are a few I've never heard of before? Are these still around?

Black Forest Equestrian Center
    Valhalla Equestrian Centre
    Ash Stables

Any places with lights by the ring?
    DragonTea