The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who else loves Homeland?

I get Showtime and pretty much the only show I watch is Dexter (which I love) I have read so many good reviews of Homeland that I thought I would see what it was about. I watched the first episode on Sunday and I was blown away. On Sunday and Monday I watched the entire first season, today I'm starting the second season. The acting is great and the storylines are riveting - I don't know how I missed watching this show until now. I'm hooked!

My husband, daughter and I are ALL hooked--it's mesmerizing, SO well done! We don't get Showtime, so "Marathon watched it" much as you did. My poor husband gets mad EVERY time an episode ends (that fade to black) and yells "NO, what??? Dammit! We need more show! LAZY writers and producers, is that IT?!?!"

Claire Danes is sensational...DD tells me she's pregnant, I'm wondering what the writers will do with that? Unless she has the baby by the time shooting starts again for season 3 (doubtful.) Damien Lewis is also wonderful (a subtle but skilled portrayal of a tormented character, and you would NEVER know that he is a Brit!), and Mandy Patinkin's work is reliably excellent, as always

The second season will *also* blow you away, the final episode in particular But NO spoilers!

We are now on Season 4 of Dexter, we just watched the episode where Rita was killed last night (my daughter knew about this, she knows many of the spoilers from having read about the show online, but manager to keep her mouth shut--and kept that secret from us!) I was shocked, saddened, and horrified (Happy New Year! ), so had to watch some reruns of Friends afterward as an "antidote." When people post on OT day about Dexter, I deliberately do NOT read (spoilers!!! NO!! Hands in ears, eyes closed, yelling "LaLaLaLaLa" I can't HEAR you!" since I want to watch it unfold.) I have to credit both the writers and Michael C Hall for making the character sympathetic and making the audience root for him; not a simple task!
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

If you are a Showtime subscriber, you can access both shows on their streaming service. I just stick to the Blu-Ray releases as both shows are so much nicer in high-quality HD. The Israeli show that Homeland is based on, Prisoners of War, was just added to Hulu so you can give that a go if you want to see something interesting.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

After I've finished watching the second season of Homeland, I'll try to watch Prisoners of War.
    Claire Danes is sensational in that role. She deserves every award they can give her - and I've always loved Mandy Patinkin. Still not sure how I feel about Brody, this show pulls you in so many different directions.
    Funny thing is, when this show first came on the air, I read about the plot lines and wasn't particularly interested - then I watched it. How quickly my opinion changed. Now I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Whoe else loves Homeland? "Los Blancos amore 'Homeland'".

About 55 seconds into the skit.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/l...kit-goes-viral

Me!!!! Having withdrawal now that the season has ended...

YES, sad it is over. "American's" on F/X starts around the 20th of January, kinda supposed to be a close storyline. Has gotten good reviews, so hopefully, that show will fill my "Homeland" void