The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went to bed before midnight, but my fiance woke me up before midnight. I was a grumpy bear at midnight, that's for sure...

I don't sleep very reliably right now because I haven't figured out a way to keep my leg elevated (6 days out from surgery at this point) and be comfortable for a long period of time, so I do not take kindly to being woken up

Yesterday I unloaded and stacked 100 bales of hay, 500lbs of feed, and 2000lbs of bedding pellets. Conked out on the sofa at 9:30-ish. Im 63 and feel POWERFUL today !
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

2 members found this post helpful.

DH turned everything off at 10:30 and made me go to bed with him, then he got up 20 mins later because he couldn't sleep. I stayed in bed reading and then started to fall a sleep, so turned off the light and went to sleep to be woke up at midnight so he could have a new year kiss.

I love him but sometimes he drive me half mad (as in crazy).
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

Quote Originally Posted by mht View Post
    Watched 22 Minutes Christmas Special, and then Air Farce, and then to bed at 11 to watch the local news. Asleep before midnight. But, wasn't Air Farce good!
    Air Farce was good. Loved the rapping Stephen Harper and the F-Bomb. Still miss John Morgan and Roger Abbot though..........
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

I didn't even try to make it to midnight.

When the spawn was asleep by 8:30, Mr. LS and I saw an opportunity and took hold and didn't let go. Got some much needed sleep after a busy holiday season with house guests.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

10:30 for us. This is the first time I haven't made it since I was about 10 years old. I didn't even try.

But, I did keep another of my New Year's traditions. I watched the Tournament of Roses Parade and took down the decorations just like I used to with my MaMaw. However she would have been making Gumbo. I made lasagna instead.

Default MIdnight-no way!

Went to bed the normal time (10 PM)only to find the station I watch in bed had dropped the Cheers reruns and replaced it with The Odd Couple reruns, most of which I watched all summer...

Looks like I need to find another station to watch at 10 PM. I'm only good for ~30 minutes though, so even though I like a lot of the shows that come on at 10 PM, they are all an hr. I've DVR'ed them but I'm never sure just what time I actually last watched before I fell asleep. Oh well, it's winter so who gives a darn!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

i have an almost 9 month old that wakes 4-5 times a night i didn't stay up. but she did wake at 11:51 lol pretty sure i was still awake at 12am

LOL...snuck quietly off to bed at 11:15. Took the hubby a bit to realize where I was.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.