The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Well crap....

Tonight might have been a little harder than I thought it would be. First New Years single. Thanksgiving and Christmas were okay, but tonight I stated crying during a game of cards. Oy. I'm a lot of fun! Anyone else having a rough and lonely New Years?
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Nope, alone is not necessarily lonely.

Give that a thought.

3 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Why were you crying? Are you not getting enough hugs? Were you drinking lite beer?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I'm suffering through serious back pain, Vicodin that isn't working, and neighbors with an arsenal of fireworks. I'm not alone, but I am crying!!!!

Light beer AND not enough hugs apparently.

I don't even have my dog hanging with me tonight, but I am mostly ok with it. I would have hugged you at midnight!

I shouldn't complain really. i had friends around who helped me when i cried during the card game. I wasn't alone. Just feels lonely when you're newly single and with a loving couple.

Oh well....made it through another holiday. It can only get easier from here!

2 members found this post helpful.

Aww alicat, thanks! Hugs

If it makes you feel better, just being in a relationship doesn't guarantee a good New Year's. You can be with someone and feel alone. Ask me how I know. :-/

2 members found this post helpful.

in the words of one of my favorite songs: alone is not without, alone is within, and therein lies your beauty

1 members found this post helpful.

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

I'm newly single again this year, and my wonderful dogs sat on the couch with me, and both of them gave me hugs and kisses when I said "Happy New Year", and let me tell you after the past years of the token peck on the cheek from my emotionally unavailable ex-husband, it was wonderful, because my dogs affection is the real deal.

And it's just another day on the calendar, don't get caught up in all the marketing hype that you have to spend it with a "significant" other.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alter84 View Post
    If it makes you feel better, just being in a relationship doesn't guarantee a good New Year's. You can be with someone and feel alone. Ask me how I know. :-/
    Yep, thankful that I had my parents and my daughter be ause it looks like 2013 will begin with a dose of the silent treatment

not intending to hijack-- my husband is in the hospital getting a "bad" round of chemo. he's fighting another round of renal failure too. our plan was for me to have a sleep over so that we could continue our tradition of sleeping until 11:55, waking up to watch the ball drop, kiss, then back to sleep.

but he was really feeling the effects of all the drugs, and really seemed to need his privacy, so I decided it would be better for him if he could not have to worry about me, and I came back home. First time in 25yrs that we weren't together on NYE.

my heart goes out to all of us who had a less than thrilling NYE, wishing us ALL --
    HEALTH! and happy surprises in 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    not intending to hijack-- my husband is in the hospital getting a "bad" round of chemo. he's fighting another round of renal failure too. our plan was for me to have a sleep over so that we could continue our tradition of sleeping until 11:55, waking up to watch the ball drop, kiss, then back to sleep.

but he was really feeling the effects of all the drugs, and really seemed to need his privacy, so I decided it would be better for him if he could not have to worry about me, and I came back home. First time in 25yrs that we weren't together on NYE.

my heart goes out to all of us who had a less than thrilling NYE, wishing us ALL --
    HEALTH! and happy surprises in 2013!!!
    Wishing you and your family a better year too.
    Hope all goes well for him and next New Year you both are home.

1 members found this post helpful.