The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Working from home

I had a friend inform me about work at home companies. The companies she gave me were Lionbridge, Leapforce, and Butler Hill that do evaluations of search results. I did some research and I know it's just part time work (I'm just looking at supplementing my income) but being able to work from home after finishing my day job instead of keeping my part time retail job at night to supplement my income really appeals to me.

I know that there are a bunch of tests I have to pass before I'm hired (if I get that far) are they very difficult? What is the difficulty level of the work? Any major issues with these companies?

Thanks!

There was a thread on this exact same subject on the last OT day, so you may want to do a search. It was very informative as it had posts from folks here who had actually worked for these companies.

There are some issues with them; you can be terminated or dropped at a moment's notice, scheduling type of things. I tested into Lionbridge and it was enough to make you stop and think, it wasn't easy especially and I'm a googler from way back. They dropped my area right when I tested in or I would have been good to go. It can be tiring-if you're tired when you sit down to do your at-home work you may not like it; you have quotas I believe and have to keep a pace. When I'm tired I'm brain dead so it wasn't a good fit for me on that point.

It's legit but it may or may not be easy. Have to do a 1099 too, for whatever that is worth.