The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Well, This is Another Fine Mess I've Gotten Myself Into"

Never underestimate the situations a horse can get itself into.

Attachment 37441

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...horseinhay.jpg
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

4 members found this post helpful.

I have a horse who would totally do that.

1 members found this post helpful.

"Look the good hay is all on top -- see how its green?"

That looks just like our barn and now I am going to have nightmares if a horse gets out...

Happy New Year!

Aw man, that made me giggle....mostly because that isn't one of my horses that I have to watch get down! Thanks for the laugh!

My little donkey would SO do that! Geez! Glad they grabbed a camera.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Priceless!

For the backstory from the horse's owner:

http://fhotd64476.yuku.com/topic/728...e-got-way-ruin

Great picture! That so looks like something that would happen to me.

Maybe that horse is trying to be a mountain goat?! Funny.

Thank god that my Chocolate horse is buried in the back pasture cause for sure he'd try that!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Oye veh! Silly horse. Won't be showing that pic to my mare!
    Me&MyBigGirl
    My Blog: A Work In Progress

There's another thread where the photographer (and I guess owner of the horse) is having a hissy fit because it went viral and she wants to copyright it (which technically she already has).

It's a cute photo, but nothing worth getting worked up over IMO.

And I can definitely could see my QH on the top of the stack with her.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I don't understand why Mike (and many others, sure, but dead Bob in heaven he is one of the worst offenders on this board) can't link to the original source and give the copyright owners/holders credit instead of copying to Photobucket and pretending these things pop up out of nowhere.

Fair Use /= Acting Like Copyright Holders Don't Exist

Flamesuit on -- I know, I know: I criticized The Master of Momentary Amusement's Methods and must be shunned.

Hi, Laura

Maybe the horse's (Howie) owner is a member of other forums where she is pitching a hissy fit but the FHOTD forum that I posted a link to, it did not appear to me that she was having a hissy fit. She seemed amused to me.
    http://fhotd64476.yuku.com/topic/728...ay-ruin?page=1

After it went viral, she said:

Holy crap! I know, over 1200 shares. He is doing fine. I turned him out yesterday and he went ripping around no problems.

Lsrd, I know, he looked little in the pile, but he is a BIG boy.
    and:
    Thanks to Fourhoof. She watermarked some and tagged me in them, so hopefully my FB ranch and tack pages will get some new buisness!
    and:
    Lol EZ, I was checking out the shares, its all over the world now, ad hitting close to 2000. Wonder how to market this.... lol
    I sure know this: If I were erm "trapped" in a cheesecake factory, the cameras would catch me in the exact same position and expression as was on Howie. With my luck, it WOULD go viral and I would be pissed!

You could leave me alone with a million dollars and you could count on every cent still being there when you got back. Just don't EVER leave me alone with cheesecake. Not. one. crumb. would. remain.

The horse's owner wasn't pitching a fit, she didn't even think/know to copyright them until I mentioned it. I 'think' I was the first, someone else might have beaten me to it and I didn't see it and no one else mentioned it. She didn't know how to copyright and I asked here, see other post.

The owner is taking it all in stride and was pleasantly surprised at all the commotion. As far as I can tell, all is normal back at her ranch.
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Halt Near X View Post
    I don't understand why Mike (and many others, sure, but dead Bob in heaven he is one of the worst offenders on this board) can't link to the original source and give the copyright owners/holders credit instead of copying to Photobucket and pretending these things pop up out of nowhere.

Fair Use /= Acting Like Copyright Holders Don't Exist

Flamesuit on -- I know, I know: I criticized The Master of Momentary Amusement's Methods and must be shunned.
    This. So many times this.

Even if you don't know a source, you can use google image search and trace back a photo to it's origin. In some cases it's been shared and stolen so many times it's impossible, but for the vast majority of the stuff Mike posts, I can find the original quickly and easily.

If the photo shows a copyright or has an author attributed to it, I provide a direct link. If not, I Photobucket it and post it. All the videos I post go to the source.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

So why not just link to wherever you find the photos, regardless of whether you see an obvious copyright or author notice?

The lack of a copyright notice or author watermark does not mean they are public domain.

Well, now knowing you are so interested in my postings, I'll keep you in mind.

From Halt Near X:

Oh my gosh! Who would have thought such a thing could happen!? Only with horses. Glad he made it out OK.

My old QH once got into a bunch of round bales that were stacked in very close rows. Somehow he got in between the bales and flipped himself upside down. When I found him, he was lying on his back with his legs in the air. My dad was out of town, I couldn't get the tractor started, and the closest neighbor was gone too. I finally flagged down some duck hunters coming out of our road. They had 4 wheel drives and winches so they winched out a bale so he could get right side up. He had a mild colic from laying on his back for a while but a little banamine and walking and he was right as rain. The old fart is pushing 30 now and going strong.